Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope slapping the randy birds away !

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Wonder what would've happened if she were a man instead!

Swiss guard would have you bundled you into a snatch bag and taken for an interrogation. Considering previous attempts on Popes lives and the level of training they get on exchanges (Secret Service, Italian intelligence/special forces). She got off light.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,690 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

People grab each other all the time. By the pussy...interesting to see how its not just 'friendly' with a pope though.

When that journalist was slapped on the behind ..she didn't slap the guy back ....and took the proper peaceful route ....and everyone said it was an overreaction.

The pope over reacted here. Poor judgement in the moment. He obviously isn't a people person. He never came across as such.

Priests (the normal ones) are not touched by anyone ....so they tend to be sensitive to it.

What? I'm genuinely not sure what everything before "the pope overreacted" has to do with the subject at hand.

Bottom line is he was roughly grabbed and pulled at by an "overenthusiastic fan" let's say. He was visibly shaken and shocked by this and lightly slapped her hand in response as he tried to pull away from her. It's not like he took a swing at her.

I think his reaction was completely understandable and justified given the circumstances - and it has zero to do with him being pope either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    What? I'm genuinely not sure what everything before "the pope overreacted" has to do with the subject at hand.

Bottom line is he was roughly grabbed and pulled at by an "overenthusiastic fan" let's say. He was visibly shaken and shocked by this and lightly slapped her hand in response as he tried to pull away from her. It's not like he took a swing at her.

I think his reaction was completely understandable and justified given the circumstances - and it has zero to do with him being pope either.

We shall have to wrap him in cotton wool so. And preferably flush him away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,690 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

We shall have to wrap him in cotton wool so. And preferably flush him away.

Or people in general could remember that the object of their affections (be it pope, a singer or anyone else) are not a rag doll to be pulled out of.

Seems much easier and logical to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

YFlyer wrote: »
    Typical Christian. Follow Jesus but not become Christ like.

Jesus told the religious of His day where to get off more than once. You forget He even got a whip out to deal with the trouble makers.

• Advertisement

Jesus told the religious of His day where to get off more than once. You forget He even got a whip out to deal with the trouble makers.
    No ..that was people doing business in the temple.

He basically whipped the money lenders. :rolleyes:

No ..that was people doing business in the temple.

He basically whipped the money lenders. :rolleyes:

I know the story ! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

Jaysus is it animal magnetism? He’ll need a stick to beat them off next !

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/pope-apologises-for-slapping-arm-of-pilgrim-who-grabbed-him-1.4128239?mode=amp

She was trying to give him a wee tug ! Naughty lass !

Could've been worse, he could have bucked one of her children, that would've taught her not to be molesting a fragile old man

PeteEd wrote: »
    Could've been worse, he could have bucked one of her children, that would've taught her not to be molesting a fragile old man
    Best post on boards today!

Poor fragile pope

also

not the pope mind but

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭PonchoMcHoncho

I know the crazy one was grabbing at him (Not unlike a Chinese tourist at an all you can eat buffet...) But he's quite the angry and aggressive man for a pope.

You'd think he'd be a bit more easy going knowing he's gonna be fast tracked into eternal paradise in the not too distant future.

• Advertisement

I know the crazy one was grabbing at him (Not unlike a Chinese tourist at an all you can eat buffet...) But he's quite the angry and aggressive man for a pope.

You'd think he'd be a bit more easy going knowing he's gonna be fast tracked into eternal paradise in the not too distant future.
    Also you would think he would have the skills in dealing with crowds. I mean he has got to have experienced this before.

Probably exhausted after Christmas and all the ceremony he would have done.
    Not surprised he slapped her. The worst part of this was him apologising

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

I know, imagine apologising when he knows fine well that Jesus will forgive him for his sins!
    He should've just slapped her in the jaw and only repented upon ascending to heaven, does the man not believe in what he preaches?

Why are christians so nasty? Is it cultural?

I mean you realize this is video of two christians grabbing and slapping each other without dignity?

And all the OTHER christians are saying this is fine ...its ok for people to get physical . There is something wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I mean you realize this is video of two christians grabbing and slapping each other without dignity?

And all the OTHER christians are saying this is fine ...its ok for people to get physical . There is something wrong with that.

Your tarring billions of people with the one brush there. Nonsensical post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Your tarring billions of people with the one brush there. Nonsensical post.
    You think that's bad , look back at some of the other ones . the poster even compares a slap on the wrist by this pope too burning's and torture by others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

YFlyer wrote: »
    Typical Christian. Follow Jesus but not become Christ like.

That's a completely different subject. Read the posts and see this was in relation to the Pope being incorrectly described as the nearest thing to Jesus on earth. He is a man. Being Christlike is a different scenario and has a different meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Totally behind the pope on this but I can't help feeling a little sorry for that silly woman. No doubt her whole world crumbled when the man she worships, who she probably waited hours to see and wanted to say something important to gave her a belt. Totally her own fault but she must be falling down an existential hole right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Mousewar wrote: »
    Totally behind the pope on this but I can't help feeling a little sorry for that silly woman. No doubt her whole world crumbled when the man she worships, who she probably waited hours to see and wanted to say something important to gave her a belt. Totally her own fault but she must be falling down an existential hole right now.
    I'd say she'd just delighted she got to touch him and considers it an honour she got a slap from his holiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

you must be still drunk from christmas, you post some tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Why are christians humans so nasty? Is it cultural?

Absolutely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Mousewar wrote: »

You'd feel a bit crap alright. A bit like the time Father Ted met the actor Richard Wilson from One Foot in the Grave at Aillwee Cave and thought he'd love it if he shouted "I don't believe it!" in his face.

Advertisement