Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What message is this stance trying to portray?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Please help me to get this fooking plastic bag off me head.

Pity his fame didn't stay in the 2010s. We are now assured to have him around for another decade.
    Things are bad when we are discussing the facial expressions of some clown with his head in a bag on New Years Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Ruben James

I've looked at the picture again and tapping in to my extensive studies on face and body language I've narrowed it down to three things he could be saying....

1) are ya startin??
    2) are you alright?
    3) oooooooh una

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Thats mad.

Are you paraphrasing though Will? What did he actually say, exact words now??? I'm trying to picture him as we speak as I've studied face and body language.

Well obviously. I said so in my post.

Actually it wasn’t a tweet. It was from an interview and it was misogynistic to not like the podcasts. Forgive my poor memory but the point stands. Drivel.

https://twitter.com/joedotie/status/1197454608404140032?s=21

He spouts some awful sh*te. I seen a tweet of his recently that said something along the lines of “if you don’t listen to a podcast because the podcaster is a screechy American woman, you are part of the patriarchy or alt-right or something”.

Will, calm down. I'm only trying to interpret what exactly he was saying so I can use my expertise to analyse him.

From what you've paraphrased above, I'd say the Screechy American Woman was a projection. He's the screechy American woman that no-one wants to listen too. Unless you yourself added screechy American Woman?? In which case, it is in fact your projection onto him and I dont know what else to say about that.

Well Will, this is awkward.

Will, calm down. I'm only trying to interpret what exactly he was saying so I can use my expertise to analyse him.

From what you've paraphrased above, I'd say the Screechy American Woman was a projection. He's the screechy American woman that no-one wants to listen too. Unless you yourself added screechy American Woman?? In which case, it is in fact your projection onto him and I dont know what else to say about that.

It’s not awkward at all. I’ve edited my post. Couldn’t care less what you have to say about anything or the silly persona you’re trying to portray.

• Advertisement

It’s not awkward at all. I’ve edited my post. Couldn’t care less what you have to say about anything or the silly persona you’re trying to portray.

It's ok Will. Ive read your edited post. I'm listening to you.

I like true crime podcasts. I was recommended one called My Favourite Murder but I couldn’t get into it because of the screechy American accents on the 2 women. Apparently, that makes me a misogynist. I can’t bring myself to listen to Jordan Peterson’s podcast, because his voice irritates the f*ck out of me. Am I a misandrist too?

I like true crime podcasts. I was recommended one called My Favourite Murder but I couldn’t get into it because of the screechy American accents on the 2 women. Apparently, that makes me a misogynist. I can’t bring myself to listen to Jordan Peterson’s podcast, because his voice irritates the f*ck out of me. Am I a misandrist too?

Look Will, I can't sort out your problems for you by seeing a couple of posts. I will say..overall i find your posts highly ambiguous and can't quite figure it out so I am not sure what stance you're trying to portray but I am here to listen to anything you want to share. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

coinop wrote: »
    It won't happen again.

Fairly sure it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Actually it wasn’t a tweet. It was from an interview and it was misogynistic to not like the podcasts. Forgive my poor memory but the point stands. Drivel.

https://twitter.com/joedotie/status/1197454608404140032?s=21

Where he claims its misogyny to dislike vocal fry?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

WnIN5ti.jpg

Are people being sarcastic when they recommend others listen to his podcast? I don't get it. What great insights and wisdom am I likely to gain?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Intimidation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

He looks like he wants to commit suicide by smothering himself but he's not entirely sure about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

He looks like he wants to commit suicide by smothering himself but he's not entirely sure about it.

While at the same time just realising he left the immersion on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think he has kind eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

DTBV44v.jpg

It's almost slightly threatening, like he's trying to say "watch out". Overall I find it highly ambiguous and can't quite figure it out.

It screams of "I'm a wannabe Eurogiant version of Bono".

You never hear from the other lad anymore, so you'd think Dave would have a Twitter handle for his own ****e, rather than trading off the Rubberbandits' name? When did they last perform together??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Pssst. Ruben.

Stop calling him Will. Take it from me, Will he is not!

I never quite got the bags, and have never heard his podcast but he seems to be ok from what i have seen of him. But that being said, i will have to delay my final judgement until some further research is concluded, as generally i find anyone who uses the word patriarchy to be an an absolute cockwomble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

"I'm from a comfortable, middle-class background but I'll pretend I'm from da hood"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

"I make fun of the Catholic Church but would'nt dare do the same to islam even with ten plastic bags on my face".

Looks like he should be saying "gimme your phone, I just want to make a call.."

I saw him described somewhere as "a stupid person's idea of a smart person.." which is about right I think..

Someone bought me his new book for Christmas..I read a couple of pages before returning it to the bookshop..generic pseudo absurdism..

Absolute muck.. you'd be concerned about the intellectual capacity of your average punter when you consider how popular he is..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

guests-spotted-at-today-fm-featuring-the-rubberbandits-ray-darcy-where-E40XY4.jpg
    There's our lad in the middle, up near the Hairy Lemon in Dublin I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Is that one of RTÉ's greatest intellectuals on the left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

vriesmays wrote: »
    Is that one of RTÉ's greatest intellectuals on the left?

Surely you jest :pac:

What sorta shoes is he wearing?...jesus christ..

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

DTBV44v.jpg

It's almost slightly threatening, like he's trying to say "watch out". Overall I find it highly ambiguous and can't quite figure it out.

You’re literally autistic. Dont mean that as an insult. But everything you wrote is in verbatim what an autistic child would say when they cant figure out someones facial expression

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

What sorta shoes is he wearing?...jesus christ..

Now that’s a stance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

I saw him described somewhere as "a stupid person's idea of a smart person.."
    Nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Ekerot

"It ain't gonna suck itself."

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

DTBV44v.jpg

none, it simply gives the lad has his privacy, he stated a few months back that because he's always had a bag on when he performs nobody recognised him when he puked on the footpath in dublin one particular afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

He did a thing for BBC where he got various social media influencers to agree to market cyanide laced water. I did enjoy watching that in fairness.

Advertisement