Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What message is this stance trying to portray?

Options
  • 31-12-2019 7:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭

DTBV44v.jpg

It's almost slightly threatening, like he's trying to say "watch out". Overall I find it highly ambiguous and can't quite figure it out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

D’ya know what I mean, boi?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

"I'm a big know - it - all and everyone should listen to me. "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

'shtory cnut'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

It's like the look of disapproval your mother would give you if she caught you about to do something naughty like reach for the cookies before dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

His podcast is amazing.

Totally worth a listen

• Advertisement

His podcast is amazing.

Totally worth a listen

Tell us more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

His podcast is amazing.

Totally worth a listen

The ayatollah of woke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

He's a gobshyte

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

He's some fcuking goon, that's probably the look he thinks he gives young bucks when they're unwittingly perpetuating the patriarchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

The look is "I am better than you... and I want you to know it"

Back to making prank calls about wheelie bins with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Not sure it is sending a message, but I do find
    it a bit worrying that some people feel hostility towards the photo/person in question, based upon said photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I can’t see anything

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I can’t see anything

Likewise.

I quoted the message to get the link, pasted it into a browser and got a "404" error.

Quit wasting my time OP.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Likewise.

I quoted the message to get the link, pasted it into a browser and got a "404" error.

Quit wasting my time OP.

I realise for a busy man such as yourself that your time is priceless, as evident from your regular browsing of internet discussion forums, so please accept my deepest apologies for wasting your precious time. It won't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I just found a shít in my pocket...but I'll try to act cool!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

How long has he been using that picture now?Getting sick of it popping up whenever he's publicising something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

I`m a speak plainly kind of guy. If I want to say something, I use my mouth. This artistic stuff is all humbug to me. I suppose you could read anything into this picture but if I were to pass him on the street, perhaps the word "eejit" might come to mind if I wasn`t too preoccupied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Ruben James

Seriously coinnap! That look? Its definitely c
    a challenging and provoking stance. I wouldn't take that if I was you. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

His podcast is amazing.

Totally worth a listen

I wouldn't be a massive fan, but it can be good alright. He winds the right kind of people up anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I did a couple of tests on my ability to interpret facial expressions. Apparently I can't do it very well at all. This is useful knowledge as it means I just disregard facial expressions as a source of useful/reliable information.

Anyway not sure that applies here as it's more to do with body language and posing than actual emotion..

My take on it:
    Serious expression juxtaposed with comedy mask.
    Head tilted towards you indicating subordinate position juxtaposed with intense look. Being portrayed as the "voice of the people"/revolutionary type thing.

But he is probably just following instructions from the photographer.

• Advertisement

I did a couple of tests on my ability to interpret facial expressions. Apparently I can't do it very well at all. This is useful knowledge as it means I just disregard facial expressions as a source of useful/reliable information.

Anyway not sure that applies here as it's more to do with body language and posing than actual emotion..

Serious expression juxtaposed with comedy mask.
    Head tilted towards you indicating subordinate position juxtaposed with intense look. Being portrayed as the "voice of the people"/revolutionary type thing.

But he is probably just following instructions from the photographer.

But did you do the tests to interpret body language as well? Otherwise you're just talking crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Bargain basement gimp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

He's a perpetual bellend with all the grace and charisma of an infected testicle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

It’s as if he doesn’t want people to know his real name is Dave Chambers with that mask on, and that much of his humour is crude approximations of art theory and social justice which “sounds” interesting and is great as a sound bite but doesn’t hold up to a any actual scrutiny.

Do one or the other, or do neither.

He's a perpetual bellend with all the grace and charisma of an infected testicle

Sounds exactly like someone I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

He spouts some awful sh*te. I seen a tweet of his recently that said something along the lines of “if you don’t listen to a podcast because the podcaster is a screechy American woman, you are part of the patriarchy or alt-right or something”.

He spouts some awful sh*te. I seen a tweet of his recently that said something along the lines of “if you don’t listen to a podcast because the podcaster is a screechy American woman, you are part of the patriarchy or alt-right or something”.

Thats mad.

Are you paraphrasing though Will? What did he actually say, exact words now??? I'm trying to picture him as we speak as I've studied face and body language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

He is just preaching to his demographic, 20 something kids who will scream yassss, retweet and share.

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    He is just preaching to his demographic, 20 something kids who will scream yassss, retweet and share.

His exact words now stey. I'm trying to interpret. Is he being preachy? What was the tone? Did he tilt his head when he said it? Cant be dealing with hearsay. This is serious **** now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 eddiervp20

Podcast is brilliant, although he is a bit far out with his stories etc he is definitely interesting.

Advertisement