Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Market 2020

Options
1346347348349350352»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

smurgen wrote: »
    Tell em to have patience and start low balling . The sooner sellers get used to this as the new normal the better it will be for everyone. The power dynamic has changed and sellers are to be price takers now. Estate agents would want to up the professionalism too. Too many Del Boy type characters who'll be out of the job unless they begin to start showing some transparency.

Why don’t you just go buy something and then calm down there is no grand conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I just read that the government are planning to buy up the excess airbnbs now. Also if they cant buy them they are going to try to get them on 25 year leases.

So they kill the value and earning power of these properties with rules and regulations and then swoop in to buy them cheaper themselves. If thats not market manipulation.
    I still dont think they will get them as cheap as they think they will.

Anyway I think that if I lived beside what used to be an airbnb and is now council owned I wouldnt be happy with the new situation, if I got an anti social tenant in beside me who wouldnt be leaving after the weekend and would likely be there forever. I might wish for the return of rattling suitcase wheels the odd weekend. But then you could get a very quiet council tenant in there and it would be grand. Throw of the dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,709 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

smurgen wrote: »
    Tell em to have patience and start low balling . The sooner sellers get used to this as the new normal the better it will be for everyone. The power dynamic has changed and sellers are to be price takers now. Estate agents would want to up the professionalism too. Too many Del Boy type characters who'll be out of the job unless they begin to start showing some transparency.

How many properties have you bought?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement