Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackie Healy Rae jnr.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Igotadose wrote: »
    What's with the swaying?
    Is he on a rocking horse or what?

He's a Healey Rae. Shur he's probably just drove home from the pub half cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

His oul fella has a video out too, filmed in the same room. No prizes for guessing who made thicko Junior do his.

https://twitter.com/MHealyRae/status/1209526697567150085

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Does he expect us to believe that he's read all those books??
    Or that he can read

In case anyone thinks these are the sort of people who should be representing them, here's the November 30th article outlining the assault on an English tourist by Jackie Healy Ray Junior and his brother Kevin, with a 'close friend' also convicted of assault alongside them.

Multiple witness statements corroborate the statements made by the victim who has undergone surgery twice. Security camera footage was also entered into evidence.

They're going to appeal the conviction, naturally. But they've been convicted on the substantial evidence presented to the court, and while they're entitled to appeal, it's absolutely not the right thing to do in this situation.

How anyone can deem Junior to be an appropriate representative for them in local government is beyond me. And like it or not, two brothers don't do that sort of thing to someone out on the town with his wife unless they've not been raised to be decent young men, with decent role models in their family.

The constant harping on by the Healy Raes on behalf of people who want to flout the law and do whatever the hell they want is enough to make any conscientious voter cast their ballot elsewhere.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/news/healyrae-brothers-found-guilty-of-assault-38729355.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

JayZeus wrote: »

The constant harping on by the Healy Raes on behalf of people who want to flout the law and do whatever the hell they want is enough to make any conscientious voter cast their ballot elsewhere.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/news/healyrae-brothers-found-guilty-of-assault-38729355.html

I found it remarkable that in the video of Michael Healy Rae posted above he goes on about sympathising with people who have lost loved ones at Christmas time. While at the same time he campaigns for drink driving licenses and couldnt give a dam about those families who have lost loved ones at the hands of drink drivers. He's a total hypocrite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

This is the eejit who along with his brother was convicted of assault recently. Have this family any shame?

https://twitter.com/Jackie_HealyRae/status/1209471431471443968

He could have at least waited til he didn’t have a big hungover head on him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Will still be elected a TD within 10-15 years.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

JayZeus wrote: »
    They're going to appeal the conviction, naturally. But they've been convicted on the substantial evidence presented to the court, and while they're entitled to appeal, it's absolutely not the right thing to do in this situation.
    They got suspended sentences. The appeal might not go as well for them as the original trial. My guess is they equate "appeal" with getting a not guilty verdict. They might end up serving time.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Doc07

They got suspended sentences. The appeal might not go as well for them as the original trial. My guess is they equate "appeal" with getting a not guilty verdict. They might end up serving time.

Not in a million years will they serve time. But it’s unlikely anyone else would for similar.
    Far more likely their appeal might be successful.
    Still scumbags though and scumbags they will remain unless they apologise to the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I dont think they will end up serving time as it was their first offence and not on the serious scale of crimes. That said I think a few weeks in the clink would be good for them, especially as they've shown no remorse yet were caught red handed on CCTV.

Id say they are appealing just to see if they can somehow get the conviction quashed, on a technicality or otherwise. If the conviction sticks then it means getting into places like the US and Australia could be very difficult for them into the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,488 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Will still be elected a TD within 10-15 years.....

How do we prevent this?

Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,852 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

How do we prevent this?

Genuine question.

LOL.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

Their appeal is to be heard next month.

Advertisement