Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside - trying to make this demo work.... no idea how I haven't thrown the computer out the window yet! :D

Tunes - Sepultura - Roots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭thomil

Home office here as well. Not much to do at work at the moment. The Living room is currently vacuuming itself. Really a handy little thing to have :D

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Rang vet's landline earlier.
    Home visit would normally be possible. He's out tending to a cow at the moment.

Soup for lunch. Forgot I like soup. Might start making it myself.

Cleaned upstairs floors, wtf was I thinking. Exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Part of the desk gang here, too, marking research proposals with Songhoy Blues keeping me company in the background. I'm giving myself till half four and then I'm going to enjoy the sun.

In work delighted to be getting paid for doing absolutely nothing :D

I have regained my perspective and logic. It was all emotion there for the last week. Very hard to function in that mind frame. Balance is so important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Balance is so important.

So true! It gives much needed clarity too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Be the holy I'm on tender tenter hooks :D

I'm actually enjoying the sunshine and listening to the birds :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Be the holy I'm on tender tenter hooks :D

I'm actually enjoying the sunshine and listening to the birds :)

Los patioso for me, with a cup of hot apple and pear tea. Waiting for himself to get home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch....it's my eldest chicks birthday today, 11, I remember I could hold her in one hand...and because of this bloody virus she can't go out and enjoy it with her friends....she's putting on a brave face bless her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Happy birthday little chick. Home from a ongoing condition related hospital stay last night. On strict instructions to return if needed, god love them they were amazing yesterday and last night but run off their feet. Hoping now all settles and I won’t have to return. Have the hoovering done kitchen cleaned laundry done, himself said he’d wash the floor but I hear him doing exercise with some workout thing on tv. So fed up and bored. Downloading Disney plus for date night tonight. Want to just make the bed up with fresh sheets and try pop knots in my calf muscles. Having a nice day just grateful for my own home

• Advertisement

gifted wrote: »
    Couch....it's my eldest chicks birthday today, 11, I remember I could hold her in one hand...and because of this bloody virus she can't go out and enjoy it with her friends....she's putting on a brave face bless her.

Happy birthday chick...hope you baked something nice for her,you haven't posted any pics recently, I'd love a Victoria sponge with oodles of cream or a coffee and walnut cake,ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy birthday chick...hope you baked something nice for her,you haven't posted any pics recently, I'd love a Victoria sponge with oodles of cream or a coffee and walnut cake,ta.

Oh I'd love a slice of coffee cake, would that be in the category Essential ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@widdershins.... did the vet come to your place?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

As soon as I got back to the hotel in my monkey suit, I got approached by 5 different people asking who I worked for and could I get them out of the country, one American lady is here as a tourist with her mother and baby, not sure how she got stuck as there was time to escape, but alas they are getting zero support from their embassy.

Compare that to the Irish gov who are arranging flights from Peru and Oz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sorry I'm not posting here as often as I have been, we're just really busy in work.

Came off a night shift this morning, went to Lidl in East Wall where I have to give credit to a staff member.. I was in uniform and a staff member (I thought he was being a smart ass at first) said 'You're in the army, you're asking us to stay inside and you're out.. I started to explain that I was on the way home from a 24 hour shift, but half way through he said 'I'm only joking, I'm bringing you to a check out'.. And opened up a check out so I didn't have to que.

I don't expect special treatment, but when all I want is to get home to bed after a long and hectic shift I was delighted.

So, had a good nap. Sat out the back garden in the sun, now waiting for an off-licence delivery :)

Poor Richo is missing his walks on the beach but I can walk him in an local industrial est which is empty later.

Hope all is good with you and all your family.

A little funny follow on from above.

I had to drop into the chemist in East Wall (before I got to Lidl), I went right after my shift so I was there a little before opening.

I used to live in East Wall many years ago, I married into an East Wall/Sheriff Street family. Nothing happens unnoticed there, its still like a small village.

Anyway, I was standing outside the chemist in uniform and coming under the gaze of the locals. I over heard a small group talking about 'looks like the army is on the chemist now' lol

One of the older one's shuffles down, curiosity getting the better of her, ''are yis on the chemists now?'.. ''Yup''... She looks back at her friends, chuffed with herself... ''Are yis locking us down now?''.. ''Nope, I'm collecting a prescription I left in the other day'.. ''Oh.......'' and she shuffles off back down to her friends.

I know what East Wall is like, it'll be all over the place that ''the army were on the chemist this morning'' lol

Light relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Back from pounding the pavements here in dublin 16.
    It's so nice outside. It's like winter has gone. But I know it will get cold again at the weekend.

Passed by a wee Subaru on my walk. 4 young fellas in it smoking weed. I was more than a bit jealous to be honest as I tut tutted their lack of social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I am going to get seriously drunk tonight and I don't care. Cannot remember the last time I did that on a Wednesday night. I deserve to hide at the bottom of a glass just for one night and feel sorry for myself and mine and the whole fcking world.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I am going to get seriously drunk tonight and I don't care. Cannot remember the last time I did that on a Wednesday night. I deserve to hide at the bottom of a glass just for one night and feel sorry for myself and mine and the whole fcking world.

Tempted to do the same here, but I'm back in work at 7 in the morning.. So I'll join you but just get moderately drunkish :D

Inside the K on tonight but anyone got any Netflix recommends?.

Grandeeod wrote: »

Why not! I haven't drank in years but I polished off a bottle of wine one night recently. If now's not the time, when the heck is?!

I'm here in the kitchen looking at supplies and thinking I'm gonna make chocolate brownies with dried cranberries and walnuts. I'll wait until Friday though and then can enjoy them over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Just been told by my cousin that the deputy British ambassador to Hungary has died from Covid..37years old...

Am cooking kebabs for meself.....summer body 2020 is proper fcked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Tempted to do the same here, but I'm back in work at 7 in the morning.. So I'll join you but just get moderately drunkish :D

Cheers Mak. I'm stuck into Disney+. Thinking of dropping Netflix for a few months. I need some innocence. :D
    Why not! I haven't drank in years but I polished off a bottle of wine one night recently. If now's not the time, when the heck is?!

I'm here in the kitchen looking at supplies and thinking I'm gonna make chocolate brownies with dried cranberries and walnuts. I'll wait until Friday though and then can enjoy them over the weekend.

That's the spirit or grape!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

If you want some weird ass , unbelievable **** , watch Tiger Kings , crazy !

Home , pizza and garlic dip and a bottle of water :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

A Ferrero rochero cake...she made it herself..proud out she is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitchen having dinner

If you need any tasters..........

*points to self*

:pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    a bottle of water :)

Trying to shame us! :D

Kitchen having dinner

If you need any tasters..........

*points to self*

:pac:

:D

Change of plan. I'm making Mary Berry's Pecan and ginger syrup pudding with butterscotch sauce instead. The brownies can wait until next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sadly, can't drink wine. Think they're might be some lager in the house. Not sure if I should in my current frame of mind, but it's verrry tempting ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Sadly, can't drink wine. Think they're might be some lager in the house. Not sure if I should in my current frame of mind, but it's verrry tempting ....

Off licenses doing home delivery too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Glitchity glitch glitchity glitch ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement