Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae.

Just turned off the news and its staying off until I say so!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Deskside with a cupan tae.

Just turned off the news and its staying until I say so!

Don't blame you. Getting harder and harder to enjoy a beer/coffee/tea at any point.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Watching some Bosch on Amazon Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I check the news twice a day to keep up.

I'm avoiding people so not at risk/putting others at risk. The worst part is the isolation which will lead to loneliness for most, even if living with others.

Still, we know what's happening now, so heads down and get on with it as best we can.

Watching a Star Wars documentary on the newly purchased Disney+. I'm hoping it keeps me sane around whats going on and the local to me arseholes who are oblivious to the reality.

Ordering from my fridge soon and the Air Fryer!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I check the news twice a day to keep up.

I'm avoiding people so not at risk/putting others at risk. The worst part is the isolation which will lead to loneliness for most, even if living with others.

Still, we know what's happening now, so heads down and get on with it as best we can.

Any drinkpoo's tonight?

Any drinkpoo's tonight?

1 or 2, sure why not?

It's not as if I have anything to do really for the foreseeable!

1 or 2, sure why not?

Coor's?

1 or 2, sure why not?

Same here!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Not good here. Weird day. I've put me and Dad on lock down so didn't see OH today. We've decided once a week to drop off shopping. Other crap going on that I don't want to go into. Took painkillers for my migraine and went to lie down for half an hour then woke up hours later. All my plans for cleaning went out the window. My mental health is taking a hit, in truth it was suffering from being isolated before this even started. I'm genuinely quite worried for it now. Sorry for the whinge wherers. My migraine is finally gone, so that's a plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,846 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am I the only one wondering does Grandeoods fridge do deliveries ?

:D

Mam of 4 wrote: »

I'm not sure but gifted is doing hand deliveries if that's of any help to you.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Not good here. Weird day. I've put me and Dad on lock down so didn't see OH today. We've decided once a week to drop off shopping. Other crap going on that I don't want to go into. Took painkillers for my migraine and went to lie down for half an hour then woke up hours later. All my plans for cleaning went out the window. My mental health is taking a hit, in truth it was suffering from being isolated before this even started. I'm genuinely quite worried for it now. Sorry for the whinge wherers. My migraine is finally gone, so that's a plus.

I'm sorry to hear that. Being a carer isn't easy at the best of times, it must be an uphill battle now.

Check the mental health resources listed in the Corona thread (ignore the rest) and reach out to organisation who can help.

I think we're all going to need some help in the next few months. It's not something you can prepare for.

I'm not sure but gifted is doing hand deliveries if that's of any help to you.

He just drops them off. :pac:

Thanks Leggy.

Tonight its doing a solo delivery to me and me only.:D

Knowing where we all are and what we're doing here might be a link to the outside world soon.

It's a weird time, but looking at other countries we have an idea of what to expect, and more importantly that things will eventually return to normal.

Don't be sorry at all, pm is open if you wanna chat or anything

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, watching Prime Time on the box - more very depressing fare served up, but my OH insists on watching a lot of current affairs and news. :(

It was the source of a silly row we had last week...

On a side note, I turned 45 last week. Didn’t have a celebration - and quite frankly, being in the middle of a serious global pandemic is a strange time to hit middle age! :pac:

Knowing where we all are and what we're doing here might be a link to the outside world soon.

It's a weird time, but looking at other countries we have an idea of what to expect, and more importantly that things will eventually return to normal.

For a lot of us it has been our link for a long time , and you're spot on , things will eventually return to normal , a new normal :)

ETA ,

Belated Happy Birthday Jupiter Kid !
    You're still only a young 'un :D

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Couchside, watching Prime Time on the box - more very depressing fare served up, but my OH insists on watching a lot of current affairs and news. :(

It was the source of a silly row we had last week...

On a side note, I turned 45 last week. Didn’t have a celebration - and quite frankly, being in the middle of a serious global pandemic is a strange time to hit middle age! :pac:

You're a kid, Kid! Happy Birthday.

For a lot of us it has been our link for a long time , and you're spot on , things will eventually return to normal , a new normal :)

ETA ,

Belated Happy Birthday Jupiter Kid !
    You're still only a young 'un :D

I've done a new normal before on a personal level. So hoping this one will be easy enough, maybe harder, but only (Ive said it before) if feckin dopes get a grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I am sorry to read this Sardonicat. I recognise some of the things you talk from my own life and echo if you ever want someone to talk to I'm only a PM away. Perhaps this period of enforced isolation might be a good time to take stock and evaluate what exactly the root causes of the problems are? Good luck and thanks for making me laugh a lot in all the years I've been on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I really do hope there are big changes in society after this. If we just go back to having people breathing down our necks while shopping and having to fill every bit of space in shops etc... we will have learned nothing. I hope some milder form of social distancing is something that comes from this at least and an increased focus on hygiene too as apparently loads of people weren't washing their hands before this, the scummy fooks!

I am homeside but no drinking as I'm up early for work tomorrow.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I've done a new normal before on a personal level. So hoping this one will be easy enough, maybe harder, but only (Ive said it before) if feckin dopes get a grip.

True G , I was hoping ye'd understand what I meant tbh :o
    Aye , let's hope the one's that haven't copped on , now will .

And I've glitched the thread again :(

And I've glitched the thread again :(

Abracadabra!!!!!

Did I fix it?

Abracadabra!!!!!

Did I fix it?

No you made it worse!!!!!!

:pac:

No you made it worse!!!!!!

:pac:

:(

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement