Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parent cut ties with me but still thinks they can see my children

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

My honest point was there's 2 / 3 sides to every story

Then there's other sides to the story with your niece's partner.
    But that is irrelevant to the OP here and still isn't advice or support.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

Corks Finest as per the Charter we ask that people offer advice to the OP when posting. Please bear this in mind when posting in the thread they created.

Stateofyou If you have an issue with a post please report it so that the mods can look at it. Your last two posts are more than bordering on backseat modding, which is not permitted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Ref parents disowning a child,must have been bloody serious on your behalf?

It was because he's a narcissist and has a huge temper and would get enraged when things didn't go his way. He has walked all over my mother for years, and she's too passive to stand up to him. She enabled his bad behaviour over a long period of time, so that when I stood up to him, he lost his mind. If you want to know the kind of man I'm dealing with, one of my aunties has since told me that years ago he glassed my uncle in the face over a silly argument about a game of pool.
    I would have cut ties with him myself years ago, only that I didn't know how I could do it whilst maintaining a relationship with my mother. So when he cut ties with me it was actually a relief. It gave me a way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭hawley

Quote from page three at end of December
    I have since moved house and he doesn't have my address, but my mother does, and I think he could get it pretty easily if he wanted to, even though I've told my mother not to give it to him.

Yes, I am considering it. But the main reason I'm stalling on this is because of my Mam. What if she urgently needed to contact me?
    I moved house last year, and my Mam doesn't have my new address, I won't give it to her, because of him. I can't take the risk that he would just show up at my door. They know the estate I am in, but it's a big estate, they don't know where exactly. My Mam has memory issues so she'd have to write my address down and he could easily get it.

You should make sure that your mum doesn't give him the address or else you may be forced to move again.

It was because he's a narcissist and has a huge temper and would get enraged when things didn't go his way. He has walked all over my mother for years, and she's too passive to stand up to him. She enabled his bad behaviour over a long period of time, so that when I stood up to him, he lost his mind. If you want to know the kind of man I'm dealing with, one of my aunties has since told me that years ago he glassed my uncle in the face over a silly argument about a game of pool.
    I would have cut ties with him myself years ago, only that I didn't know how I could do it whilst maintaining a relationship with my mother. So when he cut ties with me it was actually a relief. It gave me a way out.

Best of luck with it anyway OP..I had the pleasure of living with a complete narcissist a few years ago, and while he tried to keep me sweet, to see how he treated others, and how everything was manipulation was an eye opener.. There's one in my close enough family too, and to see how they treat their kids is heartbreaking.. total narcissistic parent archetype, and in that situation you can't do much, and have to tread lightly,..
    Make sure to protect your energy anyway, even if you do have to come into contact with him.. mind yourself..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

hawley wrote: »
    Quote from page three at end of December
    I have since moved house and he doesn't have my address, but my mother does, and I think he could get it pretty easily if he wanted to, even though I've told my mother not to give it to him.

You should make sure that your mum doesn't give him the address or else you may be forced to move again.

I gave it to her when we first moved. She wrote it down somewhere. She now doesn't remember where. She told me this last week. She asked me for my address again. I said no, I'm sorry I can't give it to you. She has memory issues. I won't be giving it to her.

Advertisement