Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many opposite sex friends do you have?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Candie wrote: »
    I'd consider it a huge red flag if someone expected a new partner to drop all their opposite gender friends. It reeks of insecurity and jealousy, two traits that can make normal life very difficult and leave people isolated.

So would you be happy if your boyfriend was heading out tonight with a new friend he met in the pub last week, who happened to be a girl?

They had tickets for grand master flash next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,625 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Nope.

Nah, if you've shagged someone and you're still friends, the chances are one or both of you will still want to shag the other.

I wouldn't expect him to drop established friends, which is what we're talking about. Or vice versa.

I know he wouldn't going for a night out with either a man or a woman he'd only met once. Takes time to become friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Hate to have to tell you this unless you already know - 'The ex' you're still friends with still wants to have sex with you and will stay being your friend because it might happen again.

It's just not true though. I dont understand it why it has to be so black and white. That everybody who youre friendly with and find physically attractive has to have potential to be more than a friend. I have a boyfriend and I also have male friends some of whom I'm attracted to, just because I'm attracted to them and am friendly with them doesnt mean I want to date them or be with them.Some people are just not compatible for other reasons. And if I ever broke up with my boyfriend I could completely imagine maintaining a platonic friendship with him because his friendship means a lot to me too

And I'm a guy. So youre wrong about at least one

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Reading these kinds of threads you'd wonder how some people manage to maintain a friendship, never mind a relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Reading these kinds of threads you'd wonder how some people manage to maintain a friendship, never mind a relationship.

Not many people happy to clean up after others.

Never heard the likes of it.

#Notyourmammy.

I’d more be wondering if boards people operate in a vacuum and not real life from reading this thread.

BDI wrote: »
    I’d more be wondering if boards people operate in a vacuum and not real life from reading this thread.

I don't know ANY women happy to clean up after men and bear their children as their sole objective.

More to life.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

A lot of woman acquaintances - many of whom are very good ones and three very close loyal friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

The opposing sex? I managed to secure the services of one

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    Not many people happy to clean up after others.

Never heard the likes of it.

#Notyourmammy.

You would absolutely clean up after me and be happy about it. You might complain abit so that I give you praise but you would also moan to your friends about stuff I do while you cook and clean for me.
    I would bash things in the house with a hammer when they needed bashing and walk around with a tape measure when something needed measuring. I am happily married ten years and never had problems with girls in real life before that. It’s a trade off this human relationship stuff and single warriors end up alone and angry.

Had a roast chicken today for dinner. Nice it was. If somebody gave me a raw chicken right now all I’d know to do with it was throw it in the bin and wash my hands. Might ask for a sandwich, I noticed there was a bit left the hot piece of ass that made it for me was putting in the fridge.
    I’m in work early tomorrow, I will leave my clothes in the hall tonight and sneak out of bed so as not to wake my little slice of heaven. When she asks me how work was I shall tell her not to worry about that make her a coffee and hear about the kids, the school run or the things that need fixing or where she thinks a picture could be hung.

That’s a happy life. You seem to want some sort of battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

You would absolutely clean up after me and be happy about it. You might complain abit so that I give you praise but you would also moan to your friends about stuff I do while you cook and clean for me.
    I would bash things in the house with a hammer when they needed bashing and walk around with a tape measure when something needed measuring. I am happily married ten years and never had problems with girls in real life before that. It’s a trade off this human relationship stuff and single warriors end up alone and angry.

Had a roast chicken today for dinner. Nice it was. If somebody gave me a raw chicken right now all I’d know to do with it was throw it in the bin and wash my hands. Might ask for a sandwich, I noticed there was a bit left the hot piece of ass that made it for me was putting in the fridge.
    I’m in work early tomorrow, I will leave my clothes in the hall tonight and sneak out of bed so as not to wake my little slice of heaven. When she asks me how work was I shall tell her not to worry about that make her a coffee and hear about the kids, the school run or the things that need fixing or where she thinks a picture could be hung.

That’s a happy life. You seem to want some sort of battle.

Cool. A wind up so. Thanks for clearing that up.

Cool. A wind up so. Thanks for clearing that up.

You what?

You what?

Perhaps she will read it to you...

Perhaps she will read it to you...

If she's allowed...

anewme wrote: »
    If she's allowed...

Oh, she'll be lucky for the chance.

I have to butter my own bread she is busy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Mmmmmmm....placenta sandwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Melania Frump

No friends of opposite sex.

No friends of same sex.

No friends.

Fml :(

Mmmmmmm....placenta sandwich

Haha no it’s an upside down roast chicken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Actually i am still friends with a few of my ex girlfriends. Surprisingly it's cordial.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Haha no it’s an upside down roast chicken

If you say so.

Sandwich two

Going in for a third feck it it’s christmas

I use dairygold Incase you are wondering.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Rufeo wrote: »
    Actually i am still friends with a few of my ex girlfriends. Surprisingly it's cordial.

Classic timewasting.

I use dairygold Incase you are wondering.

We weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

about half a dozen i would see the odd time . One in particular i would see most weeks and have been pals for over 30 years . lost touch for a few years when we were busy with families but had a chance encounter about 10 years ago and are close again now . It was quiet funny actually , i was in supermarket with the wife and we met herself and the husband , the face on my wife and her husband was comical when we threw our arms around each other . All good though 4 of actually meet regularly now

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭UI_Paddy

I'm a guy, in school most of my friends were male and few were female, in college it started about even but gradually shifted to being predominantly female, so I've seen it from pretty much all angles. I hope to make more male friends in due time, but for now I genuinely appreciate what I have.

My closest female friends were also friends with both me and my fiance (then girlfriend) in college, so very naturally we kept in touch and the dynamic has remained the same.

I would say ideally everyone should have a good mix of both male and female friends. Personally, when I go out for drinks, meals, etc I have a much better time once we get everyone together and have the best mix of different personality types and humour.

I think it's a great thing if your significant other is as perfectly fine with you having opposite sex friends as he/she is with your same sex friends (as mine is). And in this day and age with the LBGT community being more widely welcomed there's no reason any kind of friendships in opposite sex relationships should be seen as any different.

It shows complete trust, lack of insecurity between you and your partner and true respect for both him/her and your opposite sex friends when neither of you have ulterior motives. Also, when your both in relationships you have the payoff of being able to have double dates and all four getting along so well.

Advertisement