Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerosene Flue readings

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

happylad wrote: »
    Thanks for coming back to me. I emailed them last week and yes they were helpful and very quick to come back. See response.

I might ask my man could I borrow the gas analyser and adjust the head to see can I bring it down. Would you think it would do no harm to try 0.5 and work away up if needs be until the correct reading is achieved. Ideally what readings should you see for co and excess air.

I'll get the technician back either way in the new year when he has a bit more time
    If it's blowing the flame out and not fuel starvation or other, then .5 might make it worse. Seeing as they typed 5 and not .5, I'd have to guess it's not a typo. That's unless they are reading from a typo.
    You could phone a few service guys from around northern Ireland and run this point by them.
    You could carefully try .5 but you would need to do a combustion adjustment immediately to correct the changes in combustion. You would also need to watch out for smoke in case you soit it up.

Lower the co2. Keep co 0 to 50pp Make sure boiler is at running temp when testing and all readings are stable.

Take note of Jimf's posts also.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happylad

Thanks for response.

The last time he was here he put a new photocall on it and took it off again as he said the old one was fine. Not sure about the fuel supply. It should be good. Is that a case of he should check the suction on the pump or how would you check this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Thanks for response.

The last time he was here he put a new photocall on it and took it off again as he said the old one was fine. Not sure about the fuel supply. It should be good. Is that a case of he should check the suction on the pump or how would you check this.
    First check fuel line filters the pump gauze. Then observe pressure gauge for a few minutes to see if it jumps around. Also briefly see if it smoothly adjusts to 9 bar and back again.
    After that I would check vacuum. It should almost zero and certainly below .4

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭jimf

Thanks for response.

did he take it off the same day

did the boiler act up while it was in situ

Yes the boiler did the same thing with the new photocell. He felt it must be something to do with the combustion

• Advertisement

just to recap on this post your boiler has now fitted 1.0 x 60 nozzle at 8bar pressure

firing head is at 5 this boiler is a 150he warmflow boiler

there is a possibility that nozzle at 8bar is not atomising very well after all the manf spec is what we go by they ask for 9.5 bar for a 1.00x80h nozzle

if you need to lower the output of the boiler you can fit a .85x80h at 10 bar pressure

hard to know for sure without been on site

golden rule for me manf spec ie correct nozzle at recommended pressure they make the boiler they have the homework done you would presume

once these are correct that is your starting point

I was thinking the same and I am just after getting a 0.85 80h nozzle and am goin to fit this eve. I'll adjust pressure on the pump also to 10bar. I'll get a gauge to do this. Any recommendations for the combustion head would you start low and work up or what you think. I'll get the flue gas analyser as well and see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I was thinking the same and I am just after getting a 0.85 80h nozzle and am goin to fit this eve. I'll adjust pressure on the pump also to 10bar. I'll get a gauge to do this. Any recommendations for the combustion head would you start low and work up or what you think. I'll get the flue gas analyser as well and see how it goes

Start at the manufacturers settings. According to the manual for the U150HE the adjustable head should be set at 5.
    Your pump pressure 10 for that nozzle.
    What is your Air setting at now, you should do a smoke test before using the analyser.

Many thanks for all the advice. I'll adjust in line with the manufacturers settings and see how it goes. I'll get the service engineer to look at it as well after the xmas and we'll see what the state of play is.

Thanks again for all the help.

Wishing ye a merry xmas and all the best for the new year.

ley us know how it went

• Advertisement
Advertisement