Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Duplicate licence

• 15-12-2019 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭ Half-cocked

Just received a duplicate licence for one of my shotguns. Original issued last April. Anyone else having this happen?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Cass

Does it say "Substitute License" or anything else? Is it just an exact duplicate of your original?

I'd contact your FO and just inform her/him about it and make sure no one applied for it, and confirm it was simply a "re-issue".

I had this about three years ago. Got two licenses of ones i already had. They were not subs or requested by me. My FO at the time dismissed it as a clerical error, but confirmed there were no license issued to anyone else or another address, which was my main concern. Never happened me since.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - RFDs - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads

If you see a problem post use the report post function, "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Your Shooting Forum Moderators - Cass, Cookimonster, Vegeta, Sparks, It wasn't me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭ Half-cocked

Exact duplicate. Probably a glitch in the system. Just going to wait and see if duplicates arrive for the other 2 licenses renewed on the same date.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Cass

Do. Keep the licenses, obviously, but if more arrive i'd make a phone call, just to be sure.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - RFDs - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads

If you see a problem post use the report post function, "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Your Shooting Forum Moderators - Cass, Cookimonster, Vegeta, Sparks, It wasn't me!

Advertisement