Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE TLC 2019 (Contains Spoilers)

Options
1235»

Comments

Good job it wasn't a singles match.

Thankfully Asuka and Lynch could deduce there was something amiss and finished it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well I'll give her the benefit of the doubt up until the spear that wasn't and then the powerbomb which should have made her ask herself why a wrestler less than half her size is not helping with the spot. You'd assume that this was gone over before hand and she's not a rookie anymore and she's a ten time champion so how she kept going when it was clear something wasn't right.

Someone on Reddit made a good point that I think holds up. Charlotte has come through the WWE academy where they have a very strict, regimented way of wrestling. You hit your spots and that's that. Everything is micro-managed. If all goes well, she looks great. If things get messy like last night, she gets frustrated.

The same happened with that Lacey match earlier this year which was a disaster. She gets visibly angry with botches.

Asuka and Becky have more experience and were able to adapt.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Someone on Reddit made a good point that I think holds up. Charlotte has come through the WWE academy where they have a very strict, regimented way of wrestling. You hit your spots and that's that. Everything is micro-managed. If all goes well, she looks great. If things get messy like last night, she gets frustrated.

The same happened with that Lacey match earlier this year which was a disaster. She gets visibly angry with botches.

Asuka and Becky have more experience and were able to adapt.

That's a great point. Yeah she doesn't have the experience of calling matches in the ring. And last night it was clear that Becky and asuka twigged something wasn't okay with Kairi and worked as much as they could to help kairi. Well she slapped kairi after the spear mess up which didn't look great. It wasn't kairis fault if she was concussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Also Charlotte used to get rattled by the crowd during her promos if they chanted. As you said when it's going great it's all good. Charlotte isn't the only person to have been trained like this.

It's probably an unfair comparison but compare jerichos reaction to Neville breaking his ankle before mania that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Imagine if it was like the NXT tag title match a couple weeks ago where Bobby Fish had to leave and Roderick Strong took over. Everyone adapted.

But as was said, how does it look to the women that they've been put in the main event yet don't close the show? Poor Kairi as well is so light she can't even put Becky through a table.
    Is it me or do the women's matches seem more staged. Like spots are a lot more telegraphed than the guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Did like her last wee kick to Charlotte on Raw

https://twitter.com/JapaneseWrestl1/status/1206667980098146305

Are twitter pics and vids not displaying for others? I just see the tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kairi Sane is the most non heel wrestler in the world so seeing her giving it socks trying to be a heel is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kairi Sane is the most non heel wrestler in the world so seeing her giving it socks trying to be a heel is awesome.

She is like the Pinky to Asuka's Brain.

Not a baddie, just easily led.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did like her last wee kick to Charlotte on Raw

https://twitter.com/JapaneseWrestl1/status/1206667980098146305

Are twitter pics and vids not displaying for others? I just see the tweet

What browser are you using?

They show up for me on Chrome but not on Brave (my primary browser).

• Advertisement

Don't judge me, but IE. (I see you judging me)
    Works OK on my phone in chrome.
    Was working grand up until the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 85,346 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's old school DB.
    Smacruairi wrote: »
    Dbry did his best to get the crowd going at least.. But that was fairly meh
    J. Marston wrote: »
    He looks 10 years younger without the caveman look.

Bryan's return should have closed the show imo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bryan's return should have closed the show imo

Agreed. It was definitely the better angle to end on.

Still no idea why Street Profits attacked a defenceless Buddy Murphy while he was being hit on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Alvarez really has turned into a clown, completely refusing to criticise Flair for her stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

So turned on TLC last night. I'm just a ppv guy, and read tv results over the past few years, but started dwindlingon that side, and I tend to forget to check up on results, or it was so unmemorable I don't remeber them.

New Day v Revival was ok, few times during it I had to snap myself back into it and rewind it to spot where I zoned out.

Murphy and Black, I was really looking forward to, Buddy Murphy is great, good match but let down by crowd reaction.

Rest of the card I just couldn't focus, Corbin and Reigns, I ended up fast forwarding through the heat, as I couldn't care for either.

Wyatt v Miz I didn't find interesting

Rush and Lashley I was just zoned out for

And turned off for the main event and went to bed

I know you can't really judge without experiencing the whole card, but in fairness it was dirt, with dirt cartoon storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Alvarez really has turned into a clown, completely refusing to criticise Flair for her stupidity.

Has he sources or friends in WWE? They would turn a blind eye to anything Charlotte would do that isn't Benoit-esque

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Has he sources or friends in WWE? They would turn a blind eye to anything Charlotte would do that isn't Benoit-esque

charlottes dad well known friend/source for meltzer so its that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A pretty standard WWE holding PPV. I don’t think it was appalling as others suggest but it was nothing blow away either.

Andrade vs Carillo was very good and the blood added to the match, made Andrade look like a badass. Both men can go and interested to see where this goes for Almas and Zelina. Carillo continues to be the new plucky underdog. Poor Cedric Alexander, that was his spot a few months back. Wonder why he’s been buried.

New Day vs Revival was a good opener, proof that all these men can go in the ring when given the platform. That said I’m sick of New Days gimmick, its stale and the feud between the two teams had very little heat. I don’t care anymore for Big E or Kofi. Kofi should have turned heel after the defeat to Brock to give him some momentum back.

Black vs Murphy was very good after a nice slow build up. Props to the Raw commentary team who bigged this match up and made it feel like a big deal. Though on the flip side the constant shilling of WWE Supercard wrecked my head. For the most part Vic Joseph has been a nice addition to the team, while Joe is well suited to this role….. like a young Taz before he got two big for his little boots. Even Lawlor wasn’t too bad which has shocked me. Murphy and Black can go and the match told a good story. Black getting the win made the most sense, he’s a future main eventer in my eyes and should be build up as one. Murphy looked great in defeat and it was a perfect example of both men being elevated.

Miz vs Wyatt was fine but The Miz being too soft on his offence looks so poor. No Red light was a plus, but as mentioned by other poster The Miz turning up like a camp Rambo does the segment no favors. Also I hate the giant mallet. Daniel Bryan returning was expected but I really cant get behind the Fiend gimmick. Bray goes 1000 percent into it but its just not working for me. All style no substance and I wonder if there is an actual direction.

War Raiders vs OC was meh, again no real heat and couldn’t care less about OC.

Lashley vs Rusev was fine. Nothing awful, nothing amazing.

Corbin vs Reigns is a funny one. I don’t particularly care for either of them but I do admire that both work very hard. It’s a very pantomime angle and its far, FAR from a 5 star angle, but I didn’t hate it as much as I thought. I get that Corbin has go away heat, but I do enjoy that he plays up to it like a heel should. Reigns is a fine worker but he is just not a star for me.

I think most of what I think about the main event has been said. Charlotte should have been more aware and looks like a d!ckhead as a result. Just hope Kari is ok.

Its a pretty standard modern day WWE PPV. Some decent wrestling in parts, hindered by poor booking and childish storylines.

Advertisement