Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE TLC 2019 (Contains Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Jesus what a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well okay then. j and PHP as always it's been a pleasure. Time to go to bed. The broken skull sessions with Goldberg is just starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That match was a sloppy mess. Kairi looked the worst by a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »

Based on what I'm reading Kairi was hurt badly in the match. Asuka and Becky did their best to protect her but Charlotte didn't cover herself in glory. You saw it so you tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Kairi, who was concussed?
    Shocking that she couldn’t wrestle really..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Black/Murphy was good, the rest was the usual WWE garbage.

bennyl10 wrote: »

Kairi was concusssd ? Well that would explain the messy spear she didn't take from Charlotte and the running away from Charlotte which didn't make any sense.

bennyl10 wrote: »

Did I know that one minute after the match? Save your sarcasm.

That explains it. Charlotte is getting a lot of abuse for a petulant slap to Kairi after a botched spot.

That explains it. Charlotte is getting a lot of abuse for a petulant slap to Kairi after a botched spot.

That was the spear I mentioned. There was the part in the match were kairi was just laying there after the powerbomb I think it was. Asuka literally picked her up and Corey graves said asuka had to wake kairi up.

Well that's unfortunate about kairi sane and would explain some of the sloopyness. The refs have a way of communicating with backstage so do we know if they were asked to check on her ?

• Advertisement

And rightfully so to be honest when Lynch and Asuka were able to exert some basic cop on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Becky and Asuka realized what had happened Kairi, and did their best to cover. Charlotte basically got pissed off and decided to slap the woman who had a concussion. Thats a shocking way to handle the situation. If she wasn't who she was, she should be in the dog house for a bit. And the refs didn't look bothered either. I don't get how it wasn't communicated to them quicker than Kairi was hurt.

Loved Murphy vs Black. Loved the tag title match at the opening.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Becky and Asuka realized what had happened Kairi, and did their best to cover. Charlotte basically got pissed off and decided to slap the woman who had a concussion. Thats a shocking way to handle the situation. If she wasn't who she was, she should be in the dog house for a bit. And the refs didn't look bothered either. I don't get how it wasn't communicated to them quicker than Kairi was hurt.

Loved Murphy vs Black. Loved the tag title match at the opening.

That's the one thing I found bizarre. If Becky and Asuka knew where the **** was the ref in all of this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I know this time of year WWE are just spinning the wheels until the Rumble but Christ on a bike, no major titles defended and the PPV ended on a sh angle, it's almost like Vince has just stopped caring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wait til we get Bray Wyatt vs the fiend

Probably take a while for them to find someone of a similar build etc to wyatt

Ha

Loughc wrote: »
    I know this time of year WWE are just spinning the wheels until the Rumble but Christ on a bike, no major titles defended and the PPV ended on a sh angle, it's almost like Vince has just stopped caring.

I don't necessarily mind titles not always being defended, BUT I think it should only be one or the other, not both of the main titles.

But then that's the issue with having a part time champion in Brock.

Bray vs Miz made sense being non-title; Miz isn't the Number One contender, hasn't done **** all to earn a shot, and wanted to fight Bray because Bray basically threatened his family. It didn't need to be a title match, and probably would have killed the suspense of the match if it had been.

But that's why they really needed the Raw title available, even if it was only a quick exhibition match of some sort.

I'm more annoyed that once again, Asuka wins a main event, and once again, it is immediately overshadowed by another angle....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wait til we get Bray Wyatt vs the fiend

Probably take a while for them to find someone of a similar build etc to wyatt

Somewhere Bo Dallas is bulking up.

Black/Murphy was good, the rest was the usual WWE garbage.

At least nobody was wrestling with their hands in their pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That was an appalling show. WWE is just the worst **** you can watch. Miz was so angry at Bray for breaking into his daughters room that he dressed up in his goofy gear and did his stupid dance.

At least OC gets a big reaction and not complete silence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭ThePott

Average enough PPV tbh. Good opener, Murphy/Black was good, I actually enjoyed the main event as messy as it was.
    Can we please keep Roman and Baron away from each other this story needs a quick death.

Also that main event raises a lot of concerns. Kairi was very clearly injured/concussed. I don't know what WWE's concussion protocol is for a mid-match concussion but there needs to be serious questions asked. That's to say nothing about the fact that Charlotte was very reckless with an injured performer. Slapping her for the spear was especially egregious. The refs did seemingly nothing to get involved and she took plenty of spots she really shouldn't have. It's pretty shocking, unless there's something we don't know this was very poorly handled. Credit to Asuka and Becky who seemed to call the match from there and do what they could to notify and protect Kairi.

Charlotte is unable or reluctant to improvise. She had her spots to do and she was going to do them.

Then at best she's thick; at worst...well, I don't want to start ranting.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Then at best she's thick; at worst...well, I don't want to start ranting.

Thick as in what?

Miz was so angry at Bray for breaking into his daughters room that he dressed up in his goofy gear and did his stupid dance.

Which is still not as ridiculous as a fella 'wrestling' with his hands in his pockets.

Which is still not as ridiculous as a fella 'wrestling' with his hands in his pockets.

At least people like the fella with his his hands in his pockets, he gets a reaction and is over with the crowds and his devastating kicks actually look far more realistic than Miz's horrible, horrible, soft offense.

I presume Bray Wyatt VANISHING into thin air wasn't ridiculous at all.

Is there a reason you're dragging Orange Cassidy (and I presume AEW) into this? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

No stupid red light either, baby steps!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlotte is unable or reluctant to improvise. She had her spots to do and she was going to do them.

Woooooooooooooooooo Wooooooooooooooooo

Charlotte must Wooooooooooo

• Advertisement

Well I'll give her the benefit of the doubt up until the spear that wasn't and then the powerbomb which should have made her ask herself why a wrestler less than half her size is not helping with the spot. You'd assume that this was gone over before hand and she's not a rookie anymore and she's a ten time champion so how she kept going when it was clear something wasn't right.

Advertisement