Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster vs. Northampton, Saturday 14th Dec, 17.15 (VM1, CH4, BT2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

stephen_n wrote: »
    The amount of talking going on while the kicks were being taken was ridiculous. Felt like half the crowd had never been to a rugby match before.

Of all my years going to games, it was one of the worst I've been to for any sort of quiet during kicks.

I get that it's somewhat expected given the game, target market and time of year but it was brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Treacy was awesome! Really stepping up. Brilliant display all around. Ringrose is insanely brilliant.
    Luke was very good too. Massive rotation next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ringer is so good he even improves BOD's commentary.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Treacy was awesome! Really stepping up. Brilliant display all around. Ringrose is insanely brilliant.
    Luke was very good too. Massive rotation next week.

This was the first time I saw Tracy and thought he looked like a genuine candidate for starting hooker.

Fair play to him.

Match highlights are up, may get taken down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Doris 18 carries for 82m and 16 tackles
    VDF and Ryan 18 tackles each.

VDF so often seemed to be the first man in support for Leinster tries. A great link man and just what you want in a 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

The amount of talking going on while the kicks were being taken was ridiculous. Felt like half the crowd had never been to a rugby match before.

Did they not even quieten down when the few control freaks shushed them? That's outrageous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Shocking carry on....

Imagine, enjoying yourself at a rugby match

The lineout maul that resulted in the second yellow card on 29 minutes is interesting.

The ball was thrown to Doris at the front on the five meter.

Given it's a key scoring opportunity it's good that they have trust in Doris to have him jumping. I also suspect the score buffer had something to do with it, but I think decisions like that are why fixtures like this are given to Fardy to captain. He's doing a lot for player development and is removed enough from the squad that he can look at moments within the game as both training and scoring opportunities. You might not get that type of call with Ruddock as captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Watched on bt sports, this morning I have a choice of C4 or Virgin to ff through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Clegg wrote: »
    Doris scored after identifying no Northampton pillar defender at a ruck. Picked and ran straight through the middle. He does that pick and run almost every game. I've never seen a player so successful at identifying when the opposition defence is down numbers and taking advantage. He's an extremely intelligent and streetwise player for someone so young.

Agreed. Dan Leavy is very effective at this too. I wonder what the latest is on his possible return? Does anyone know? You'd be forgiven for forgetting about him such is the depth we have in the loose forwards.
    It would be great to see him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Agreed. Dan Leavy is very effective at this too. I wonder what the latest is on his possible return? Does anyone know? You'd be forgiven for forgetting about him such is the depth we have in the loose forwards.
    It would be great to seen him back.

He's back in the gym, but I'd say he's still a long way off returning fully. I don't think we'll see him this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

It would be great to seen him back.

He's back in the team gym at the moment.

He MIGHT get a cameo in the Pro14 at the tail end of the season but realistically I'd expect Leinster and the IRFU to want to give him a full preseason. So probably next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

accensi0n wrote: »
    Did they not even quieten down when the few control freaks shushed them? That's outrageous.

No they didn’t seem to hear it, too busy talking about which pub they’d be going to after probably or how the Christmas shopping was going. It was almost as if they didn’t realize they were at a rugby game at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

It's bizarre that Ryan gets little attention this week. He was great, as usual, and the rest of the lads have stepped up so much that he doesn't seem to be the best player on the field. He is absolutely flying and yet VDF and Larmour etc get the plaudits.
    It's fantastic! I am beginning to like Doris a lot also. I was more in the Deegan corner, but that's changing a little now. Obviously, it's going to be hard to keep them both happy with minutes and I can picture one of them moving province. Conan must be dying to get back in, he is under pressure now.
    I thought the furlong line break was the best play of the game. He laid down the gauntlet. Great showing.
    RB was excellent. Great control and confidence and his Gruber kick for Lowe's try was fantastic.
    Frawley is so skilled. He is a great footballer and I think he laid down a marker too.
    RK must know he's all done right now. Larmour has become sensational.

Leinster supporters facebook put up 42k at the game.

Not too shabby for a group game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Leinster supporters facebook put up 42k at the game.

Not too shabby for a group game

A bit of creative licence I'd say - looked no more than 25k.

The stadium was quite clearly more than half full.

I very much doubt they said 45k at the game when only 25k went into stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I very much doubt they said 45k at the game when only 25k went into stadium

It was well above 25k. Probably around 40k.

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    It was well above 25k. Probably around 40k.

The official supporters numbers of circa 42k would seem consistent with previous Christmas games.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭OldRio

It's just tiresome at this point. And a little sad to be honest.

OldRio wrote: »

What it?

Not sure why the problem, every year it is the same. Every year they come out and say season ticket holders count. So that is 10k of people and some of those people will not show up.....

Saying 25k was at the game isnt true, even from TV you could see it was well past that, circa 40k I would have put it at....if they said 45k that was probably tickets sold. 42k in the gate is probably right.....

As I said before the game, the premium seats/boxes are usually rammed for this game.

Ah stop. 25k would be less than half full. It was a distance more than half full.

Lads come on it was jammer's. Here is the queue for the toilets up in the nosebleeds at half time:

Fake_Audience_1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Indeed. I work there and the attendance was circa 37,000. And that is the official stadium figure.

There was 35,600ish about 10 mins after kick-off not counting tickets that had been scanned at the stiles with a handheld scanner.

Leinster famously got its figures in the Aviva wrong before. Claimed there was 54,000 there. Stadium only holds 51,700.

They had counted season ticket holders twice!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Leinster famously got its figures in the Aviva wrong before. Claimed there was 54,000 there. Stadium only holds 51,700.

When was this?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What's this obsession with attendances? There are more posts on the.number of tickets than the match itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,411 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ah stop. 25k would be less than half full. It was a distance more than half full.

I think he was referring to the poster just saying stuff to be controversial, which worked as people bothered to reply to him. Nobody thinks there was 25k at it including the person who said it.

• Advertisement

Indeed. I work there and the attendance was circa 37,000. And that is the official stadium figure.

There was 35,600ish about 10 mins after kick-off not counting tickets that had been scanned at the stiles with a handheld scanner.

Never heard that, when did that happen?

Where is the official stadium figure released?

salmocab wrote: »
    I think he was referring to the poster just saying stuff to be controversial, which worked as people bothered to reply to him. Nobody thinks there was 25k at it including the person who said it.

This. The posters initials are TROL. How the gets away with the same juvenile posts is tiresome.

This. The posters initials are TROL. How the gets away with the same juvenile posts is tiresome.

Ah come on Riozer's - he's merely engaging in a smidgen of mischief!

Ah come on Riozer's - he's merely engaging in a smidgen of mischief!

Time after time after time after after time after time.
    Thread after thread.
    Anyway when his balls drop it may or may not stop.

I'm out. Work calls.

I'm out. Work calls.

No worries Oldzers - chat later!

No worries Oldzers - chat later!

I see what you did there.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Never heard that, when did that happen?

Where is the official stadium figure released?

It happened at the first or second Leinster game in the Aviva after it opened.

The official figure is used internally for crowd control etc. I can access it right down to how many are going through each turnstile.

Leinster etc would get the same figure but are free to put out a random (inaccurate) number if they wish.

The same thing happens at other events also.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It happened at the first or second Leinster game in the Aviva after it opened.

The official figure is used internally for crowd control etc. I can access it right down to how many are going through each turnstile.

Leinster etc would get the same figure but are free to put out a random (inaccurate) number if they wish.

The same thing happens at other events also.

So teams can release whatever figure they want for attendances but the official one is only kept internally?

That make absolutely zero sense

Faugheen wrote: »
    So teams can release whatever figure they want for attendances but the official one is only kept internally?

That make absolutely zero sense

It the illuminati at work.....

Next time I go to match I’m sticking a tin foil hat on, they ain’t reading my mind

Apparently Northampton have had 3 players cited following the game at the weekend. Surprised by that. Nit sure I saw anything worth that....

Apparently Northampton have had 3 players cited following the game at the weekend. Surprised by that. Nit sure I saw anything worth that....

Northampton were filthy in the later stages. Elbows and knees in the breakdown and as many off the ball hits as they could get away with.

I didn't see anything citing worthy but I'm also not all that surprised that a few instances occurred. Sore losers.

• Advertisement

Northampton were filthy in the later stages. Elbows and knees in the breakdown and as many off the ball hits as they could get away with.

I didn't see anything citing worthy but I'm also not all that surprised that a few instances occurred. Sore losers.

2 were from the first 20 mins.

2 were from the first 20 mins.

I'm pretty sure I commented on it in the match thread, they weren't exactly subtle about it.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,853 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'm expecting wood to have at least one incident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I'm expecting wood to have at least one incident
    Not going to feature it seems. Bean (12th minute), Symons (15th minute) and Proctor (72nd minute) cited for dangerous tackles on Healy, Tracy and Frawley respectively.

Larmous has been cited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Larmous has been cited

For breaking ankles?

For breaking ankles?

Wasn't quite the setup I was hoping for, but yes

https://i.imgur.com/HV4U0yn.mp4

• Subscribers Posts: 41,853 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Larmous has been cited

So... I'm slow.....

Joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie