Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GUI Handicap as a house member of a club

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Thanks for this. Looks like it is 26.3 rather than 23.6, link here: https://www.golfnet.ie/News%20Listing%20Assets/2019-CONGU-Manual.pdf

Sorry typo

Btw my own take on this is if you want a handicap that allows you to play elsewhere you should be paying at a minimum what other playing members are paying. The fact you don’t play much is of no real consequence. I know it sounds harsh but imo clubs should not be in the business of selling handicaps.

But I guess this is all changing soon. I heard last week that Scottish Golf will be offering full handicaps to non club members next year for a monthly fee. Hope to god the other unions don’t follow

J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Sorry typo

Btw my own take on this is if you want a handicap that allows you to play elsewhere you should be paying at a minimum what other playing members are paying. The fact you don’t play much is of no real consequence. I know it sounds harsh but imo clubs should not be in the business of selling handicaps.

But I guess this is all changing soon. I heard last week that Scottish Golf will be offering full handicaps to non club members next year for a monthly fee. Hope to god the other unions don’t follow

J

As far as I know u can have an Official handicap in the USA and not be a member of a club.
    Maybe they are heading that way.
    Not much difference the GUI looking after a handicap for a fee than a Distance Membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭clog

J

English golf union has also said it would be looking into this:

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/news/club-member-golf-handicap/

This could have more affect as the GUI has committed to join with the English/Welsh golf unions in developing new software. Scottish golf is going its own way software wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Some other options for distance or pay/play memberships where you can maintain a GUI handicap:

Rathsallagh - €360
    Grange Castle - €345
    Blessington Lakes - €150
    Elmgreen - €450
    Silloge Park - €310
    Slievenamon - €150
    Virginia - €220
    Ashbourne - €350
    Lisheen Springs - €400

Advertisement