Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Company Installed Gates

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I hope the OP never buys a regular house.

They'll have to pay buildings insurance, public liability insurance, cut the grass, pay local waste company, get people and pay them if the gutters fall down or if the outside needs painting etc etc.

Management fees are not some contribution to a black hole, it's for services and improvements to the property the op resides in and gets the benefits from - services that cost money.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Aoife_Byrne

brucky wrote: »
    I did this years ago when we couldn't get apartment owners to pay outstanding management fees. The BOM would only give access to those that were reasonably up-to-date. We had each fob attributed to individual apartments. Some owners owed thousands. I took the phone calls from the "outraged" property owners. I got every excuse in the book, up to, and including cancer. You live in a community when you purchased you were fully aware that this included contributing to management fees for the running and maintenance of the complex. The fact that you "fell behind" is not everyone else's problem. You are the epitome of a snowflake.

When I did this we got over €40k in arrears, this enabled the BOM to maintain the block and grounds and undertake essential repairs to the benefit of all residents. I took great pleasure in taking phone calls from owners and telling them to pay up. They were "outraged & offended" at what we had done. I told them in no uncertain terms to stuck it up and pay! Can I suggest to you that you would benefit immensely from military service as you need to mentally adjust to the realities of life, and the reasonable expectation of those around you!

You are the epitome of a dickhead!

Darc19 wrote: »
    I think the op is not giving the right information.

I'll lay anything that only car park access is closed off to her and she is well able to access via a pedestrian gate.

Basically, the op has not paid the management fees, therefore should not get the benefits of the common areas except to access her door.

Access by foot is as much as necessary.

Op seems to want all the benefits of apartment living without paying for them including public liability insurance, general upkeep, lighting of common areas etc.

Some would call people like this a sponger

Fair play to management company for getting tougher on non payers - all omc's should do similar

Some would call people like u a dickhead!!
    If u read previous posts u would know what's going on.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    so it probably could be unlocked by others

It can be unlocked for me by other residents

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

It can be unlocked for me by other residents

You’ll find your neighbours who pay will get sick of letting you in pretty quickly.

I’ve reported your last posts for personal abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

By the responses of the op they are either a troll or someone who simply is not interested in listening to anything that does not agree with her.

Addle wrote: »
    You’ll find your neighbours who pay will get sick of letting you in pretty quickly.

I’ve reported your last posts for personal abuse.

Not really some of my neighbours are family and friends.... Good on ya ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 25,697 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Not really some of my neighbours are family and friends.... Good on ya ðŸ‘

Do your fee-paying friends know that they are subsidising your insurance , bins and maintenance? You may find that their attitude towards you changes when they find out about your fee-status.

Do your fee-paying friends know that they are subsidising your insurance , bins and maintenance? You may find that their attitude towards you changes when they find out about your fee-status.

Yes they do thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Yes they do thanks

Pay your bills Aoife!!

• Advertisement

Telly wrote: »
    Pay your bills Aoife!!

I do pay my bills.. But thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

So there is no pedestrian access to this development now? Every time someone wants to enter or leave, even if it's to walk to the shops for a pint of milk they have to open and walk through the vehicle gates? Doesn't sound very well thought out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Closed for mod review.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement