Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dacia Spring

Options

Comments

JohnC. wrote: »
    That’s why they call it a city car.

There's loads of city cars out there that are much faster.......

Electricity is cheap so no need to spare the aul petrol, such little power in a car is not necessary.

Everyone in Ireland would by one just because it's chape, blocking the roads, not being able to over take etc, no would be bad but I'm not sure it will be sold here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,851 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Everyone in Ireland would by one just because it's chape, blocking the roads, not being able to over take etc, no would be bad but I'm not sure it will be sold here anyway.

You don't seem to listen much when anyone presents some facts that are opposite to your beliefs, do you?

It was demonstrated to you before, several times, that this cheap Dacia EV can more than keep up with traffic. It is in fact quicker than most other (petrol) city cars. And that was presuming everybody accelerates pretty fast at any time, which of course people generally don't.

unkel wrote: »
    You don't seem to listen much when anyone presents some facts that are opposite to your beliefs, do you?

It was demonstrated to you before, several times, that this cheap Dacia EV can more than keep up with traffic. It is in fact quicker than most other (petrol) city cars. And that was presuming everybody accelerates pretty fast at any time, which of course people generally don't.

haha 19 seconds 0-100, get real lad. that's facts. slow as f1ck.

It is a bit faster to 30kmph which is the speed that the powers that be believe is safe for us these days. It won't hold up traffic in the city.

How often does a typical car owner do a 0-100km/h in real life? And when they do, how often do they do it faster than 19s? Answers: rarely, and even less than rarely. Most people are slow and rarely accelerate any car as fast as it can do it

(to my great frustration sometimes :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭JohnC.

There's loads of city cars out there that are much faster.......

So? There's loads of cars out there faster than an ICE Dacia. They still sell ICE Dacias. Not everyone is after a fast car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭innrain

https://en.media.groupe.renault.com/news/the-all-new-dacia-spring-taking-the-electrical-revolution-for-a-spin-ace9-989c5.html

They've squeezed a few more kilometers of WLTP range out of it to bring it up to 230km range.

There will also be a van version and there will be a version with pleather seats for business/car sharing.

I'd be happy enough to see them as An Post local delivery vans or Pizza vans.

I checked prices in different countries. Not to many but I found their home country

https://www.dacia.ro/noutati/dacia-preturi-spring.html (used google translate )

"Starting March 20, Dacia opens online the pre-orders for the "Comfort Plus" version of its first electric model. It will be available at an unbeatable price of 18,100 Euro (VAT included).
    Later, the pre-orders for the "Comfort" equipment version will be opened, available at the price of 16,800 Euro (VAT included). A variant for fleet customers will also be available at the same price: 16,800 Euro (VAT included).

Dacia Spring can be purchased by customers in Romania through the RABLA PLUS program.
    The first deliveries are scheduled for September 2021."

Checking their incentives it amounts to EUR 10,500 (9,211.31 EV + 1,330.52 scrappage) so basically you could buy it there @ 6,300 EUR That's pretty neat.

I'd buy one today if I could get it for €6,300.

How often does a typical car owner do a 0-100km/h in real life? And when they do, how often do they do it faster than 19s? Answers: rarely, and even less than rarely. Most people are slow and rarely accelerate any car as fast as it can do it

(to my great frustration sometimes :p)

It isn't about the 0-100 but it gives a general idea of how slow or fast a car is and no matter what that's slow as f1ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,605 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Me too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it comes in under €20k here. :)

Not everyone needs something that is quick, quite a lot of people just want a car for pottering around the city for shopping and so on so this would be perfect for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭innrain

Miscreant wrote: »
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if it comes in under €20k here. :)

Not everyone needs something that is quick, quite a lot of people just want a car for pottering around the city for shopping and so on so this would be perfect for them.
    Even if it comes with the same base prices the grant will be 3k and max 4k but still target prices remains under 15k.

There will be a huge demand on the continent alone for the Renault to care about the small Irish market.
    "Since March 1st, 2021, all 504 of the E.Leclerc car rental branches have the Dacia Spring Business – an E. Leclerc exclusive. 3 000 units have been ordered."

• Registered Users Posts: 27,056 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

It isn't about the 0-100 but it gives a general idea of how slow or fast a car is and no matter what that's slow as f1ck.

tbf, either you are talking about the acceleration or you are talking about top speed.
    It seems that, having been shown to be incorrect regarding acceleration, you are now talking about top speed?

I'm not sure what your criteria around speeds are for a car, but I think you are in the minority based on historical car sales in Ireland. (1.6L diesels anyone?)

innrain wrote: »
    Even if it comes with the same base prices the grant will be 3k and max 4k but still target prices remains under 15k.

There will be a huge demand on the continent alone for the Renault to care about the small Irish market.
    "Since March 1st, 2021, all 504 of the E.Leclerc car rental branches have the Dacia Spring Business – an E. Leclerc exclusive. 3 000 units have been ordered."
    It is certainly easier to get a 220Volt supply installed in a future car sharing spot than a fast charger so that aids adoption. I could see the car taking the next spot beside where the car sharing Zoes are parked in my city.
    The closest car sharing spot to me is beside the train station(think of Sydney Parade rather than Heuston) and a carsharing Fiesta is parked there which could be displaced by a Dacia Spring. Not needing to ensure the car is full of petrol when it is left back removals another obstacle to success for these services.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

innrain wrote: »

I think a big problem is that not many Irish people buy small cars new, I think most of them end up going via fleet sales to the hire companies first.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭serox_21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUnOq_s9HPU

test drive in France with this new Dacia Spring. Driving at more that 100km/h for a few minutes.

Driving at an indicated speed up to 111km/h and judging by the speed he is overtaking lorries (that typically do about 85-90km/h), that speed must be as close as dammit to actual speed. Perfectly adequate for most owners. And I imagine that was not the top speed he was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Driving at an indicated speed up to 111km/h and judging by the speed he is overtaking lorries (that typically do about 85-90km/h), that speed must be as close as dammit to actual speed. Perfectly adequate for most owners. And I imagine that was not the top speed he was doing.

I could see this being very popular with the likes of Hyundai i10, VW Up owners. People who just need a small car for short city hops. Small, quick to accelerate, easy to drive, cheap to buy, cheap to run

What more can you ask for? :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

What more can you ask for? :)

I'd say the biggest missing feature is having a steering wheel on the right hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭eagerv

liamog wrote: »
    I'd say the biggest missing feature is having a steering wheel on the right hand side.

Had a laugh at that:). Unfortunately probably correct.
    A pity, would suit a lot of folk in rural Ireland, where most of our driving is between 60 and 100km/h.

• Advertisement

Luxuries :D

So we won't get it. Did you have to spoil this thread with that minor detail? :o :rolleyes: :D:p

Bit of a disappointment alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ce he sin

Interesting video. I've read a couple of test reviews as well and in summary (they all say much the same)

It's quite quick at urban and suburban speeds for a car with 44 bhp and weighing a tonne
    VMax is 125 kmh, or just below the motorway limit in France. Drive at this speed and the battery will be flat in about 120
    km
    The boot is quite large
    The low rolling resistance tyres give bugger all grip in the wet
    It's well equipped for the price
    Not much sound proofing so noisy for an EV
    Doesn't like side winds or bumpy roads. A firm grip of the wheel is recommended.
    Charging as standard is from a domestic socket and takes about 13 hours. You need to pay €250 for a level 2 cable and €600 if you want a DC charger which allows a full charge in around an hour

So we won't get it. Did you have to spoil this thread with that minor detail? :o :rolleyes: :D:p

Bit of a disappointment alright!

Kwid is sold in large quantities in India so it is possible it might come later. It is certainly engineered to be a RHD car.

Kwid is sold in large quantities in India so it is possible it might come later. It is certainly engineered to be a RHD car.

Dacia have already said they have no plans to build a RHD version for the UK (and Ireland) so it'll be a while yet

I'm guessing they have no issues with demand on the continent considering how the triplets (E-Up, E-Mii, Citigo-iV) were selling like hotcakes the past couple of years

This car is coming from China. If it is successful the production will probably move to Morocco due to that country being in a free trade agreement with E.U. and a Moroccan assembly line worker earns in a year what his German counterpart earns in a month.
    Sanderos already are produced in Morocco.

It is being offered for 11,670 in Germany after environmental rebates.
    https://www.ludego.com/produkt/dacia-spring-inkl-bafa/
    This is going to be a 49 euro per month, no down-payment lease deal when the offers start appearing.

3 years warranty. 8 year warranty on battery. Who'd bother with the hassle of a secondhand car for your second car in the household.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

slave1 wrote: »
    We don't need purchase incentives as there are now plenty of options across various price points.

That's good because they'll be gone soon :pac:.

Amazing all the same how much profit must be in mainstream BEVs in €urope, considering their cost is hugely reduced by tax subsidies.
    I saw another Youtube video showing the ID.4 1st or Max in the US is just $3k initial payment & $400 odd per month for 3 years, which includes all insurance & unlimited charging :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Limerick Against Pollution protest footage at 8:36.
    Never had you pegged as a crusty tbh :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,446 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Kramer wrote: »
    That's good because they'll be gone soon :pac:.

Amazing all the same how much profit must be in mainstream BEVs in €urope, considering their cost is hugely reduced by tax subsidies.
    I saw another Youtube video showing the ID.4 1st or Max in the US is just $3k initial payment & $400 odd per month for 3 years, which includes all insurance & unlimited charging :eek:.
    In the US is not a good comparison.
    Very common to get 6-7 year car finance there now, as well as multiple manufacturer subsidised leases.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    In the US is not a good comparison.
    Very common to get 6-7 year car finance there now, as well as multiple manufacturer subsidised leases.
    US market is changing fundamentally at the moment; there are two markets now which are high end cars over 40k and pre-owned cars. The market for affordable new cars is shrinking year on year so much so that many manufacturers are withdrawing from those sections of the market. The only Golf/Rabbit you can get now is a GTI.

Advertisement