Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Hi all this question probably been asked million times, but how do people pay online using revolut, as never really bought much with it rather use it at POS most of the time, but whenever try to purchase from any irish retailer online, card gets declined, im guessing smth to do with actual account not being associated with any bank etc that causes it ?
    Anyhow are there ways around it, would linking it to paypal eliminate issues where sellers accept paypal etc. thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

scamalert wrote: »
    Hi all this question probably been asked million times, but how do people pay online using revolut, as never really bought much with it rather use it at POS most of the time, but whenever try to purchase from any irish retailer online, card gets declined, im guessing smth to do with actual account not being associated with any bank etc that causes it ?
    Anyhow are there ways around it, would linking it to paypal eliminate issues where sellers accept paypal etc. thanks in advance.

check that you dont have online transactions turned off in security under cards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I use it for almost everything now, SOMETIMES you have payment declined, but mark it as not suspicious and do it again.

I know I got one or two things online and had to open app to confirm the purchase

Or as you said can also link to Payapl

• Registered Users Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I pretty much only use it online these days. Haven’t had any issues. I usually use a disposable virtual card

Opening app to confirm the purchase is a good thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I use mine online all the time, although I use a virtual card online for security reasons, I can delete it instantly should I suspect any issues and not have to go through the wait for a new physical card. You should try create a virtual card in card > add card and only use this one online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

thx a lot guys for fast responses, completely forgot about virtual card function, plus didnt knew about safety option to enable online transactions. so def will take it into account as using it a lot lately, and having smth wrong with payment messages twice over weekend, thought cant be right with so many people using it on daily basis, as know some even get their wages into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

thx a lot guys for fast responses, completely forgot about virtual card function, plus didnt knew about safety option to enable online transactions. so def will take it into account as using it a lot lately, and having smth wrong with payment messages twice over weekend, thought cant be right with so many people using it on daily basis, as know some even get their wages into it.

I have all my direct debts in it, so much better

Bill comes out, notification on phone
    or
    Back in dark ages of BOI, bill comes out, don't know until I log into my account

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Stewball

I use mine online all the time, although I use a virtual card online for security reasons, I can delete it instantly should I suspect any issues and not have to go through the wait for a new physical card. You should try create a virtual card in card > add card and only use this one online

How does the online shopping virtual card work for refunds if the card is destroyed after use?

Stewball wrote: »
    How does the online shopping virtual card work for refunds if the card is destroyed after use?

The card isn't destroyed after each use. I have the same virtual card for over a year. But should I need to destroy it for whatever reason I can easily do so and create a new virtual card in the app in seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Stewball

The card isn't destroyed after each use. I have the same virtual card for over a year. But should I need to destroy it for whatever reason I can easily do so and create a new virtual card in the app in seconds

Ah I see, you're using the standard virtual card.
    There is an option to use a disposable online shopping card which is destroyed after use and a new one is generated.

• Advertisement

Stewball wrote: »
    Ah I see, you're using the standard virtual card.
    There is an option to use a disposable online shopping card which is destroyed after use and a new one is generated.

You can destroy it after each use if you want but it's probably not necessary unless you're buying from really dodgy places.

The app not working for anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Happened to me yesterday - according to their twitter:

https://twitter.com/RevolutApp/status/1322663923162730496

and:

https://twitter.com/RevolutApp/status/1322897624589107205

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Reloading the app fixed it for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Reloading the app fixed it for me.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

Anyone else getting a notification that your card is ready for merchant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭testtech05

Messi19 wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a notification that your card is ready for merchant?

I got this notification yesterday actually, wasn't sure what it was about....

testtech05 wrote: »
    I got this notification yesterday actually, wasn't sure what it was about....

Neither am I

Just got onto chat with Revolut and they seem a bit unsure too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Argh I sent some cash to the missus old number. It's from a sim thats lost over 6 months ago

Any way to get the funds back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Argh I sent some cash to the missus old number. It's from a sim thats lost over 6 months ago

Any way to get the funds back

Appropriate name veryangryman :) I fee your pain!

Is there a current revolut account associated with the phone number you sent the cash to? If there isn't it should be returned to your account after a period when the transaction timeouts ie cash isn't claimed.

If there is then I think the only way to get the cash back is to try to reclaim access to the old revolut account - as the money would have gone straight into it without having to be "claimed" not sure if support will be able to help you there - no harm asking them? Or asking them to revert the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I see you can get device insurance through revolut without being a premium plan. Works out 1.11e a week. Anyone use it? Is it easy to claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

BKWDR wrote: »
    I see you can get device insurance through revolut without being a premium plan. Works out 1.11e a week. Anyone use it? Is it easy to claim?

I am a big fan of Revolut and use it every day and has saved me 000's. However, don't use those services from them. That is crazy expensive for device insurance. Plus check the excess on the policy likely quite high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Gooser14

PHG wrote:
    I am a big fan of Revolut and use it every day and has saved me 000's. However, don't use those services from them. That is crazy expensive for device insurance. Plus check the excess on the policy likely quite high

What do you pay for your device insurance & who with?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Lucylou2020

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is anything that you need to do to activate a virtual card? I have tried using it several times but it won't work unfortunately. I have had the app open and the card open but nothing works...maybe I need to contact Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is anything that you need to do to activate a virtual card? I have tried using it several times but it won't work unfortunately. I have had the app open and the card open but nothing works...maybe I need to contact Revolut?

What are you trying to do?

Is it not being accepted on some sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Why is my transfer of funds from my AIB account taking so long, it's saying 2-5 days? I haven't used Revolut since July but wasn't it instant before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Why is my transfer of funds from my AIB account taking so long, it's saying 2-5 days? I haven't used Revolut since July but wasn't it instant before?

From aib to revolut? Should have topped up instead of transferring. Top up is instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Aaaaah. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭techdiver

Quick question for any of you more knowledgeable then me.

I use revolut for most cross border purchases from amazon etc and love it.

Does Revolut provide the same cover as a credit card for purchases, such Shopping Protection etc as described here - https://www.mastercard.ie/en-ie/consumers/features-benefits/card-benefits.html

I want to make a big purchase in Sterling, but want to know if it's worth the saving using revolut.

Advertisement