Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2019 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmaneiser

Check your emails folks

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Roughly how many people would be on a panel? Just placed 26th on accounting panel but no idea if that's likely to lead to an offer ?? I've only applied to one region, which only contains one office (probably a small one at that)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 West17

Just got email, didn't get through to panel, congrats to all that did.

Does anyone know how your place on the panel relates to the locations we picked? I thought we'd get placed on each of the different panels but it seems to be one overall panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

emmaneiser wrote: »
    Does anyone know how your place on the panel relates to the locations we picked? I thought we'd get placed on each of the different panels but it seems to be one overall panel?

If you email panel placing they will give you that info.

Congrats to all getting through. Sorry to those that didn't make it. It's been a long road.

• Advertisement

Roughly how many people would be on a panel? Just placed 26th on accounting panel but no idea if that's likely to lead to an offer ?? I've only applied to one region, which only contains one office (probably a small one at that)

It really depends how you have placed for the county you picked and then if a position comes up. It's a bit of a lottery unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Didnt get through this year. Ah well, always next year. Congrats to all who got through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I did not make the cut unfortunately....

Congrats to those that did....you deserve an award for getting this far...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Congratulations to those who passed and commiserations to those who did not, it is a testing process for sure. How long will this panel be active for?

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Congratulations to those who passed and commiserations to those who did not, it is a testing process for sure. How long will this panel be active for?

One year from date of formation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

Congrats to all who made their panel & best of luck to us all with the Panel waiting game.

Sorry to those who didn't make a panel. Don't give up on it, the next Revenue AO comp hopefully be opening again end of this yr/start of next yr as this panel is only for a year. The experience ye got will stand to you all in the next comp. Best wishes for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭StevenToast

3002 wrote: »
    Congrats to all who made their panel & best of luck to us all with the Panel waiting game.

Sorry to those who didn't make a panel. Don't give up on it, the next Revenue AO comp hopefully be opening again end of this yr/start of next yr as this panel is only for a year. The experience ye got will stand to you all in the next comp. Best wishes for the future.

Great advice, I will be keenly following this thread to see how all the successful candidates progress...

Best of luck

Just wondering about the feedback that we can get on the unsuccessful interview....what will it look like...just numbers or abit of detail?

Thanks

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Great advice, I will be keenly following this thread to see how all the successful candidates progress...

Best of luck

Just wondering about the feedback that we can get on the unsuccessful interview....what will it look like...just numbers or abit of detail?

Thanks

Thanks
    Feedback will give you a numerical mark for each of the competencies (normally out of 100) & a few sentences of how you performed overall at the end.
    Make sure to look for feedback for both the Video Assessment + Interview as a good learning tool for future Interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Best of luck

Thanks

As 3002 says it will also give you a narrative on what you did well and where you may have come up short, I would strongly advise all applicants, both successful and unsuccessful, to apply for feedback, it is priceless info on both yourself as an interviewee but also on the mindset of an interview panel and exactly what they pick up on, you literally cannot pay for that kind of insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭monkeylover10

Pogue eile wrote: »
    As 3002 says it will also give you a narrative on what you did well and where you may have come up short, I would strongly advise all applicants, both successful and unsuccessful, to apply for feedback, it is priceless info on both yourself as an interviewee but also on the mindset of an interview panel and exactly what they pick up on, you literally cannot pay for that kind of insight.

I agree, I was successful but I have already emailed for feedback. It will interesting to know what they picked up from me, what notes they made & how I was scored.

What happens now, just wait for an email when your chosen location comes up. How do the different panels work? I was successful on 2 & picked 2 locations. Does that mean I have a choice of 4 if offered?

I've found the written feedback a little generic at times even copy and paste. And also the notes the interviewers have taken haven't always been provided with the feedback. However the numerical feedback is great to even know what areas you have gone down in, and like monkey I would request that regardless of a pass or fail.

Monkey I imagine you will have a different placing on each of the County panels. And whichever one is reached first will be the one you are offered. I don't know how they decide which stream you are chosen off.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BLOSSOM11

Just wondering have they merged the 3 streams into one for the order of merit or are there 3 different panels? Also is the result we received a nationwide wide result? I've emailed the panel email provided but can only imagine they are up the walls busy

I wont be looking for the feedback, I know where I went down. Just not a fan of video interviews. I feel totally uncomfortable in them and I never do as well on them as I do on an in person one

BLOSSOM11 wrote: »
    Just wondering have they merged the 3 streams into one for the order of merit or are there 3 different panels? Also is the result we received a nationwide wide result? I've emailed the panel email provided but can only imagine they are up the walls busy

I think there is 4 different streams and the oom are for each individual stream. People will have different oom on each stream. I believe the results were overall nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BLOSSOM11

Anonire wrote: »
    I think there is 4 different streams and the oom are for each individual stream. People will have different oom on each stream. I believe the results were overall nationwide.

Thanks for that. Makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Rikand wrote: »
    I wont be looking for the feedback, I know where I went down. Just not a fan of video interviews. I feel totally uncomfortable in them and I never do as well on them as I do on an in person one

That's exactly the sort of 'can do' attitude that Revenue were probably looking for :rolleyes:

BLOSSOM11 wrote: »

I got it confirmed this morning that the number you are given is a nationwide number. Each panel is separate. The lady I emailed said they do not have access to the panel info for locations as yet but to contact the panel email & they should hopefully have that info available in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MiggyB

The original start date was March for this competition, wonder is there a new one or will they just call candidates as required!

MiggyB wrote: »
    The original start date was March for this competition, wonder is there a new one or will they just call candidates as required!

The start date is when the panel is formed so due to all the delays this panel will remain open until Oct 2021. Candidates will be called for AO positions arising in different locations throughout the year Nov 2020 to Oct 2021.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    That's exactly the sort of 'can do' attitude that Revenue were probably looking for :rolleyes:

haha, point taken :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RBT2020

Hi, just wondering does anyone know is it too late to add other locations to your list as circumstances have changed since I applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

RBT2020 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering does anyone know is it too late to add other locations to your list as circumstances have changed since I applied.

I'm not sure about this year, but last year it was not permitted to make any location changes

I asked during the week and was told no changes are permitted. Still give it a try though

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kilkenny Tom

Did anyone get their placing for the locations chosen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 redbarndoor

No. Hopefully we will soon. I presume it is a placing number for your chosen panel(s) for your chosen Location. Would anyone have any idea how many people might get jobs from this?

Advertisement