Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭cuculainn

cuculainn wrote: »
    Oh right... I thought you picked the DNS of where you wanted to set your location from....that makes sense now cause you select netflix UK or us in the settings......thanks for your help....

I don't get the subset mask thing at all. But I guess if it is working I'll leave it at 24

Ok so I think I spoke too soon....the fire stick keeps showing up as network error and wireless show up as no internet. But eventually the home screen does come up but takes forever for show to load.
    Very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

cuculainn wrote: »
    Ok so I think I spoke too soon....the fire stick keeps showing up as network error and wireless show up as no internet. But eventually the home screen does come up but takes forever for show to load.
    Very frustrating

I had a similar issue. Do you have decent broadband? I have slow broadband and when I put in the DNS it was crawling.

I have other means of watching the matches that work fantastically well with my poor broadband though so not as big a deal for me not to have the DNS working.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Jofspring wrote: »
    I had a similar issue. Do you have decent broadband? I have slow broadband and when I put in the DNS it was crawling.

I have other means of watching the matches that work fantastically well with my poor broadband though so not as big a deal for me not to have the DNS working.

Well the broadband isn't great, we are in a rural area....I can understand the increase in loading time......it's the no internet and the home screen not loading that I don't understand...

If you don't mind me asking How you watching the matches (pm maybe rather than post here!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

Getflix has 70 percent discount currently

Click on the "Promo Code" tab and enter the code NEWYEAR2021 to claim your 70% New Year lifetime discount on two yearly subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Could anyone advise if getflix works directly on a eir router ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

Until I get this fixed, I have found peacock tv it's free but with ads, just need a vpn set to USA.
    Guide to install is inside the downloader app. Just watched Scent of a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I'm trying to set up getflix direct on my lg tv

I have it working with Amazon app but it's not working with Netflix.

On the dashboard on the getflix site, I have the Netflix region turned to off. Is this correct?

Thanks

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Del007 wrote: »

On the dashboard on the getflix site, I have the Netflix region turned to off. Is this correct?

Thanks

What do you want it to do with Netflix, if you have it “off” then you will see Ireland Netflix, and if it’s on, and you are using UK dns then it will be UK Netflix. This is my understanding anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Aquos76 wrote: »
    What do you want it to do with Netflix, if you have it “off” then you will see Ireland Netflix, and if it’s on, and you are using UK dns then it will be UK Netflix. This is my understanding anyway.

If Netflix is switched on in the Getflix account, it is the US version. If it is switched of, you get your local version - Irish.

My netflix isn't working what so ever with the DNS, it's like Netflix has recognised that I'm using a vpn. Amazon works perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cathy427

Sup08 wrote: »
    If you connected already to the WiFi using the subnet mask 24 and the IP addresses matched in getflix. You then had a home screen with the apps on the firestick then that means all is working and you just didn't have access to the UK prime. Install the My5 app and see if you can use it. If you can then the getflix is working but prime is not.

Hi again. After imputing the details and the dns from your document the wifi is working but no access to my 5 and just the "when abroad" on prime.
    (Am on Vodafone wifi if that matters)

Any final thoughts of what I could try next?

cathy427 wrote: »
    Hi again. After imputing the details and the dns from your document the wifi is working but no access to my 5 and just the "when abroad" on prime.
    (Am on Vodafone wifi if that matters)

Any final thoughts of what I could try next?

You could try unplug the router for 3 minutes to clear the cache, when it has restarted and connected to the internet, Open your firestick, if it loads correctly with the home screen, then you do not have the DNS set up correctly on the firestick.

If you get no home screen, log into Getflix and make sure the IP addresses match. Click the force IP update if they do not.

Clear the cache on Prime App, My5 App and Netflix app on your Firestick.

Clear the cache
    Press the Home button. >
    Go to the Settings menu. >
    Select the Applications. >
    Select Manage Installed Applications. >
    Select an app you want to clear its cache. >
    Select Clear cache. >
    Press back to select each app to clear the cache.

Restart the firestick and then follow the guide on inputting the DNS again.

Restart the firestick

Press the Home button to return to the Amazon Fire TV home menu. ...
    Navigate to the Settings menu. ...
    Select My FireTV. ...
    Select Restart. ...

I am on Vodafone too..

You could try unplug the router for 3 minutes to clear the cache, when it has restarted and connected to the internet, Open your firestick, if it loads correctly with the home screen, then you do not have the DNS set up correctly on the firestick.

If you get no home screen, log into Getflix and make sure the IP addresses match. Click the force IP update if they do not.

Clear the cache on Prime App, My5 App and Netflix app on your Firestick.

Clear the cache
    Press the Home button. >
    Go to the Settings menu. >
    Select the Applications. >
    Select Manage Installed Applications. >
    Select an app you want to clear its cache. >
    Select Clear cache. >
    Press back to select each app to clear the cache.

Restart the firestick and then follow the guide on inputting the DNS again.

Restart the firestick

Press the Home button to return to the Amazon Fire TV home menu. ...
    Navigate to the Settings menu. ...
    Select My FireTV. ...
    Select Restart. ...

I am on Vodafone too..

Thanks so much - really appreciate all the effort.

Plugged out the router, left it out for 10mins, back in and the the firestick opened correctly with the home screen and all the apps.

Just cant see what I am doing wrong with the DNS

Plugged out the router, left it out for 10mins, back in and the the firestick opened correctly with the home screen and all the apps.

Log into Getflix and see if the IPs are now the same. See attached, yours should be different and the box red

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Netflix can detect a vpn very easily
    Netflix doesn’t detect a smart dns like getflix, I’m using it daily for the last 4 years

Clear the app cache and fully close the app

I've restarted the tv lots of times. How do you clear cache on a tv app? I'm clearly doing something wrong as amazon is working perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

gussieg wrote: »
    Until I get this fixed, I have found peacock tv it's free but with ads, just need a vpn set to USA.
    Guide to install is inside the downloader app. Just watched Scent of a woman.

Just getting, sorry accessing peacock through s VPN is restricted.

Edit: tried a different server called "streaming" on Unlimited VPN and it's now working. Might be worth people trying that for Amazon UK too if DNS not working.

Log into Getflix and see if the IPs are now the same. See attached, yours should be different and the box red

Thanks.
    Yes it was red.
    I hit the update button and now it looks the same as your screenshot - with different numbers.
    Actually the numbers start with 51.37.
    is that wrong? Is 51 a uk address?

Thanks.
    Yes it was red.
    I hit the update button and now it looks the same as your screenshot - with different numbers.
    Actually the numbers start with 51.37.
    is that wrong? Is 51 a uk address?

Don't worry about the numbers, as long as it is now green.

Now follow the steps in the guide to enter the DNS on the firestick. It should work then.

Remember, download the app on your smart phone to keep Getflix updated with your IP as Vodafone change this on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Has anyone got it working through the prime app when using just a vpn? I can get BBC player working but can't get prime UK and the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

foxatron wrote: »
    Has anyone got it working through the prime app when using just a vpn? I can get BBC player working but can't get prime UK and the football.

Yep works for me with WeVPN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Del007 wrote: »

Thanks

Can you put the getflix settings direct into your LG .

Or is there a better way of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

awhir wrote:
    Yep works for me with WeVPN

Is that through the prime app on a firestick. I cant get the football for some reason. I've tried clearing the cache and data, restarting etc and various different UK vpns but no joy. Did you do anything extra to get it working? I'm using surfshark so maybe that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Have you managed to resolve this?
    I was having very similar issues to you.
    When logged into the Vodafone router in expert mode find the DNS menu
    You mentioned you updated this previously to Google's DNS.
    So I assume you have Secure DNS set to manual
    Under this there is an option for "Configure DNS for all devices"
    Make sure this is turned off.

Once I turned this off the firestick worked straight away as I already had it set up with Sup08's guide.

Thanks SUP08 by the way :)

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Have you managed to resolve this?
    I was having very similar issues to you.
    When logged into the Vodafone router in expert mode find the DNS menu
    You mentioned you updated this previously to Google's DNS.
    So I assume you have Secure DNS set to manual
    Under this there is an option for "Configure DNS for all devices"
    Make sure this is turned off.

Once I turned this off the firestick worked straight away as I already had it set up with Sup08's guide.

Thanks SUP08 by the way :)

You are a STAR!!!!!

Thanks a mill.

And thanks to Sup08 has been been helping me here and on the side.

Great community of support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭larchielads

Anyone get this to work with ipvanish? If so, how?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Was on UK Prime but now moved back to Irish one, it seems to have a lot more than why I originally moved to UK so that's a positive!

Obviously one of the main things will be missing is the Premiership but thankfully won't be much of that on Amazon Prime for a while.

Question I have is the other day I seen there was live WTA on. Does this mean that Irish Prime shows some live sports? I just thought all the sport was on UK Prime, might give some hope for Prem games down the line!!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Unless Amazon bid for Irish rights for live premier league, we won’t ever see it on Irish prime account. Premier sport have the Irish rights currently for the games Prime show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Just switched back to Ireland as my region, was good while it lasted. Brexit proving to be a pain.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

Can Getflix work if you have your Fiestick connected with a Ethernet cable. Thanks for any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

scotchy wrote: »
    Just switched back to Ireland as my region, was good while it lasted. Brexit proving to be a pain.

I did the same. Won't be renewing my prime membership this year.

Advertisement