Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Looks like ive been reverted to the irish version :(

Anybody any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Either move to the UK, which isn’t recommended.

Or Eye Pee Tea Vee

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

lpool2k05 wrote:
    Anybody any way around this?

Smart dns. I'm watching UK prime right now with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

GetFlix smart DNS seems to be working grand.

Didn't have it turned on until this morning because my location was set as UK, but when I went on this morning most stuff was unavailable. Turned on the DNS and a refresh of the app brought everything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Yeh you'll have to use a VPN now with Amazon Prime UK to watch the football (Amazon Prime Ireland won't work "this title isn't available in your location...")

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭larchielads

Using ipvanish and its displaying uk content as in the football, turned my vpn back off and the footie disappeared, switched it back on and voila the footie came back.
    My account, well its actually herselfs account is set to uk address with addresspal so maybe u still need uk billing address still i would assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone know any movie or show thats on Prime UK that isn't on the Irish one just so I can check if they've changed mine?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

xtal191 wrote: »
    Anyone know any movie or show thats on Prime UK that isn't on the Irish one just so I can check if they've changed mine?

Look for premier league content, if it plays, you are fine, it won’t though unless you have some sort of DNS in place

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

The Matrix movies wont work on the irish one (or at least my reverted one), watching it now with GetFlix SmartDns on the Xbox.. works perfect now..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I set my main address to my parcel motel one in my Amazon account.
    Set my getflix to UK for Amazon Prime, then force stopped the app and restarted.

It took a few tries as it kept hanging on the internet connection error screen, but in @ 4th attempt it opened with UK content available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

Has anyone got this working with keep solid vpn? Gives me a geo error on the firestick and tells me to switch off vpn on android. I've selected both UK and iplayer for streaming. Am I doing something wrong or do I need a new vpn?

How much is a sub to getflix, I have smartDNS from keepsolid but that currently doesn’t work for Amazon UK. I’ve just set up getflix and got a 14 day trial and that works fine now alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Has anyone got this working with keep solid vpn? Gives me a geo error on the firestick and tells me to switch off vpn on android. I've selected both UK and iplayer for streaming. Am I doing something wrong or do I need a new vpn?

Tried it on my phone with keep solid and it worked after closing and re-opening the app a couple of times. Haven't checked firestick yet.

Doesn’t work on any keepsolid products at the minute, I’ve contacted them and their reply was
    Hello!

Thank you for contacting us.

At the current state, our service provides the access to the US Amazon content only.

Should you have more questions, feel free to contact us.

--
    Best regards,
    Alex Kotov
    Customer Support Team

Jesus there's absolutely feck all on it now

Jofspring wrote: »
    Tried it on my phone with keep solid and it worked after closing and re-opening the app a couple of times. Haven't checked firestick yet.

VPN unlimited or SmartDNS from keepsolid? Which server did you connect to if it’s VPN unlimited?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Aquos76 wrote: »
    How much is a sub to getflix, I have smartDNS from keepsolid but that currently doesn’t work for Amazon UK. I’ve just set up getflix and got a 14 day trial and that works fine now alright

The promo code 70CHRISTMAS2020 did give 70% off the 2 year plan. Worked out at about €30. The 70% off the 2 year plan should be for life but I won't find out that for 2 years .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭larchielads

Using ipvanish and its displaying uk content as in the football, turned my vpn back off and the footie disappeared, switched it back on and voila the footie came back.
    My account, well its actually herselfs account is set to uk address with addresspal so maybe u still need uk billing address still i would assume.

Just went to see if it would actually play the football content but it knows im connected to a vpn so it wont play:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Jesus there's absolutely feck all on it now

There's a kind of limbo situation. If you had your account set to UK, you won't be currently getting the UK or Irish content as far as I know. You might have 'a UK customer abroad' content.

It's nearly all original Amazon content. Need to switch back to Ireland to get a few more titles.

Wheety wrote: »
    There's a kind of limbo situation. If you had your account set to UK, you won't be currently getting the UK or Irish content as far as I know. You might have 'a UK customer abroad' content.

It's nearly all original Amazon content. Need to switch back to Ireland to get a few more titles.

That must be it, cheers

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    VPN unlimited or SmartDNS from keepsolid? Which server did you connect to if it’s VPN unlimited?

Just the regular VPN. I see someone else mention though it won't actually stream when you click into it. It just displays the matches.

I'm going to give the Irish Amazon a month and if it's not working out for me I'll cancel. Don't want to jump the gun yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

bromley52 wrote: »
    The promo code 70CHRISTMAS2020 did give 70% off the 2 year plan. Worked out at about €30. The 70% off the 2 year plan should be for life but I won't find out that for 2 years .

I've been with Getflix a few years and had the 60% for life discount. It was upgraded to the 70% off this year. I'm assuming it's for life as well.

I've tested the DNS setting for the UK Prime and works perfect so far. Had absolutely nothing available on my account when tested without DNS, now showing all the historical football matches and able to watch them. Happy out.

I applied the DNS settings on the local fire tv network settings and not on the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Just went to see if it would actually play the football content but it knows im connected to a vpn so it wont play

VPNs are very hit and miss with prime UK. One that works today mightnt work tomorrow.

Use a smart DNS like Getflix or Smart DNS Proxy. You'll also get access to iplayer, itv, c4, c5 and others. You can also get HBO MAX, Hulu, Showtime etc from the US if you want to but these are paid services

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

I have my account set to th UK so I can watch the premier league. If I sign in on sky box will it revert me to the Irish setup or stay on uk

• Registered Users Posts: 15,840 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

OmegaGene wrote: »
    switched getflix to uk and the football is ready for later, i am now watching highlights from arsenal v brighton
    getflix rocks

:confused:
    but later the football is on BT & Sky?

are there any more matches on prime?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    I have my account set to th UK so I can watch the premier league. If I sign in on sky box will it revert me to the Irish setup or stay on uk

I would think the sky box will not show the geoblocked stuff but your account won't 'revert' per say

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Wife not happy, she was rewatching desperate housewives in the lockdowns and that's gone from the Irish prime..I've of upfront till July but I reckon I'll be cancelling sub as the benefits are gone I think now with Brexit..

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Join getflix sorted

Does it work on firesticks?? I have eyeepeeteevv so it's not a big issue.. for me :-)

Got getflix but when I try to change DNS it won't let me click save. Anyone else have this issue? It's with Eir. Just configuring WiFi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

Has anyone used the webchat to change their location to the uk today?

That was the previous work around for prime -

Advertisement