Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

bassy wrote: »
    All live and FTA today on sateliite,fix a dish on 52.east and watch FTA premier league on ASR tv and varzesh tv 3

Thanks. But equally wondering about Amazon itself on and after Jan 1. I assume it means there is no benefit to having myself set to UK after that point as they will check where I am logged in from? So as others have said, Prime becomes a possible waste unless I buy a lot from Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

A Chelsea goal disallowed right now, surely Amazon wouldn't take such pleasures from me on Jan 1. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Barr wrote: »
    The matches are showing for me as well.

I did not get any email either about not be able to watch outside the UK.

I didn't get the email either. Do you have Student Prime?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Wheety wrote: »
    I didn't get the email either. Do you have Student Prime?

Nope standard prime , I get mine through eir though

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

legend99 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    So I'm the same as some others here. Got the email. But can see the matches as things currently stand. So what happens on Jan 1? Is the email saying that from Jan 1 they will be checking your geography and what you can watch will be restricted? So like if Amazon have matches at Easter, even if they have to flagged as a UK customer you won't be able to watch them as they will see you as being outside the UK?

I was wondering if you use a VPN from 1st Jan and redirect it to the UK would this mean you still get access to EPL games on Amazon ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

whiz wrote: »
    I was wondering if you use a VPN from 1st Jan and redirect it to the UK would this mean you still get access to EPL games on Amazon ?
    Thinking same. There's obviously a difference to having your home address as UK and actually being in UK

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Someone mentioned earlier that Amazon prime picks up the VPN...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Goodbye sweet 4K HDR streams, it's been good.

I get 4k uhd not 4k hdr. Apparently theres a diff so ive read somewhere.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Someone mentioned earlier that Amazon prime picks up the VPN...

Yep, I just tried it through a VPN

7419-AD88-BCD4-49-FA-A318-DCB6-E06-D5578.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

TheDriver wrote: »
    Thinking same. There's obviously a difference to having your home address as UK and actually being in UK

Yeah, it was an EU thing that you could access the services in your home country when abroad. So by having your account based in the UK, even though they could see you were in Ireland, you could still access UK Prime.

They were quick changing it :D

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yep, I just tried it through a VPN

7419-AD88-BCD4-49-FA-A318-DCB6-E06-D5578.png

For those with a firestick, this might be an option. https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058088307/48

Nord VPN or express vpn seem to work.

For those with a firestick, this might be an option. https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058088307/48

Nord VPN or express vpn seem to work.

Thanks anybody try these two VPNs? and would the Keepsolid VPN work as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

New arrangements don't kick in until 1st January so I'm not seeing how a VPN helps right now. Mine is working fine so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

muffler wrote: »
    New arrangements don't kick in until 1st January so I'm not seeing how a VPN helps right now. Mine is working fine so far.

The arrangements have kicked in here since yesterday. Are you using a VPN?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Mav11 wrote: »
    The arrangements have kicked in here since yesterday. Are you using a VPN?

Jan 1st

Jan 1st

I know, but they seem to have kicked in for many since yesterday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They mine back to ireland a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

If they change your video location to the UK, do you also need a VPN?

EireLemon wrote: »

At the moment no you get access if they make this change, however you will get an email alerting that access to GB programs will change from 1st Jan if your location doesn’t change..

However an earlier post suggested a VPN on firestick e.g express vpn may get around this issue on 1st Jan

EireLemon wrote: »

My location is set to the UK and I am using a VPN, yet the restrictions came into force yesterday.

• Advertisement

Mav11 wrote: »
    My location is set to the UK and I am using a VPN, yet the restrictions came into force yesterday.

What was the VPN that you were using ?
    Plus was the setup via a Firestick?

What was the VPN that you were using ?
    Plus was the setup via a Firestick?

SurfShark as the VPN, on Firestick and iPad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Prime Video UK is gone for most people unless you use a VPN. I was switched to RoI and switched back to UK by Amazon but because I was accessing via an Irish IP, Prime Video was automatically switching me to RoI. Amazon told me there is nothing they can do so I cancelled my Prime and they refunded me.

Akesh wrote: »
    Prime Video UK is gone for most people unless you use a VPN. I was switched to RoI and switched back to UK by Amazon but because I was accessing via an Irish IP, Prime Video was automatically switching me to RoI. Amazon told me there is nothing they can do so I cancelled my Prime and they refunded me.

I don't use a VPN on my firesticks and I still have it. I had my prime using my addresspal address and it still seems to be working today. Don't really know what I'll be missing when it converts to ROI. I watched both games last night.. I plan to use a VPN when it does go and see does it work. If it doesn't I'll be cancelling the sub if all the programmes are diff, not bothered about the soccer have another means to watch that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

I don't use a VPN on my firesticks and I still have it. I had my prime using my addresspal address and it still seems to be working today. Don't really know what I'll be missing when it converts to ROI. I watched both games last night.. I plan to use a VPN when it does go and see does it work. If it doesn't I'll be cancelling the sub if all the programmes are diff, not bothered about the soccer have another means to watch that.

Interesting, they seemed to migrate all the PM addresses in early December. I should have switched to my AP account!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I've a Parcel Motel address and it worked fine for me yesterday. I did have to get on to Amazon earlier in the month to be changed back to the UK though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I still have it and I use parcel motel. I'm sure it'll be gone on the 1st. I've keep solid Vpn so will try that on the 1st and see if it works.

If it isn't working and the Irish one doesn't work out I'll just cancel it. Between this and the price for sky it's easy to see why more people are pushed down other routes for their TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah mine hasn’t switched yet using a PM address, had access to the full UK catalogue last night, watched 1917 which I’m certain isn’t available in the Irish selection. Have already cancelled my Prime though so when it runs out in late January, it’s gone for good or until they drastically improve the content available to us.

Losing the PL games is the biggest blow of course but Premier Sports carry them here at least, so there is still a legal option to watch those games, just way more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭bromley52

NBCs Peacock is always an option. It has a fair few EPL games for about €4.50/month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cuculainn

bromley52 wrote: »
    NBCs Peacock is always an option. It has a far few EPL games for about €4.50/month.

Does this require a VPN?

Advertisement