Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever considered murdering somebody?

Options
  • 03-12-2019 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Let's say you've caught the wife playing away from home with Alan Flood - Floodser from secondary school no less - or your boss is bullying you and calling you names like knob boy or uranium face.

Let's just say somebody needed to go. Would you kill them? I know what you're thinking. You're thinking you don't want to do the time if you do the crime, and therefore you wouldn't go ahead with it, but what if you didn't have to do the time? What if there was quite a good chance you would get away with it? What if the guards only solved 72 percent of homicides, giving you a 28 percent chance of getting away with murder? That's a real stat I read in The Irish Times today.

Only 72% of homicides were solved last year, which seems very low. So, if you did want to kill somebody, somebody like Floodser, then you can do so in the knowledge that the guards probably won't find you if you do it well enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Floodser at it again is he? The f*cking c*nt.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I firmly believe all humans are capable of murder if they are caught in serious enough circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

_Brian wrote: »
    I firmly believe all humans are capable of murder if they are caught in serious enough circumstances.

Except uranium face, he's a pussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,683 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I’m tempted to go with the Liam Neeson meme here but you’d probably kill me for it :D

Never given it any serious consideration tbh, but there have been a few times in my life when I lost the rag and realised afterwards I could have come awfully close to being charged with manslaughter if I’d killed the guy. It’s not something I’ve ever consciously thought about doing, it’s not just a question of doing the time, it’s that I simply don’t have the right to end another human life.

I could murder a sandwich right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Honestly expected this thread to have been started by mr.fearglein!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Let's say you've caught the wife playing away from home with Alan Flood - Floodser from secondary school no less - or your boss is bullying you and calling you names like knob boy or uranium face.

Let's just say somebody needed to go. Would you kill them? I know what you're thinking. You're thinking you don't want to do the time if you do the crime, and therefore you wouldn't go ahead with it, but what if you didn't have to do the time? What if there was quite a good chance you would get away with it? What if the guards only solved 72 percent of homicides, giving you a 28 percent chance of getting away with murder? That's a real stat I read in The Irish Times today.

Only 72% of homicides were solved last year, which seems very low. So, if you did want to kill somebody, somebody like Floodser, then you can do so in the knowledge that the guards probably won't find you if you do it well enough.

No, because the guilt of it isnt worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Honestly expected this thread to have been started my Mr.fearglein!

I came on here to post that him and his female nemesis, Vibes are the 2 who spring to mind when answering the OP's question.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I can't remember how many kills....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I couldn't hurt anyone to save my life. No way could I murder someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Hammer89 wrote: »
    then you can do so in the knowledge that the guards probably won't find you if you do it well enough.

Murdering someone is easy its getting away with it that s the hard part.
    look at graham o dwyer.only for nature doing what it does he would have got away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Oh wait to save one of my kids or grandkids. No problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

_Brian wrote: »

Heat of the moment type affair, Brian? I'd agree with that.

Planning it and looking up stats to see how likely you are to get caught if you stove that c*nt Floodser's head in with a lump hammer is a different story though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

thou shalt not kill*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

A little water clears us of this deed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Honestly reading what some of the scrotes get away with in Court in this country I'm tempted on almost a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Many times, but the sheer amount of work in body disposal put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I've murdered alot of people on boards.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

I work in customer service and everyday the feeling that maybe the jailtime is worth it just to get did of some of these ***** is getting stronger..

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Syndic

I can see this thread being submitted as evidence in a murder trial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Many times, but the sheer amount of work in body disposal put me off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xUynRdzzsM

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

If someone was a real, immediate threat to my kids. I would absolutely try my best to kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Every. Single. Day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

No, because the guilt of it isnt worth it

This is the factor that has always given me great cause for consideration, do all those who murder feel guilt? I'm assuming that most people who plan a murder as opposed to accidental cases or killings as a result of fits of blind rage have somewhat valid reasons at least in there own mind. If you have come to the conclusion that X deserves to die because of Y reasons then obviously you've taken some time to try and rationalize it.

I'm discounting those who kill for some sense of gratification or similar as obviously this would cloud there judgement. Let's take for example that I feel deeply wronged by an individual who will most likely continue to wrong me in future if left unpunished. Yes other's may say that it's not my right to end said individuals life and that there are other options available. However I'm not interested in the thoughts of others and for the purpose of this debate will only consider my own. I proceed to murder the other individual and remove the threat as I see it. Hopefully I've covered my tracks sufficiently to prevent conviction and I continue on with my life safe in the knowledge that I did what was necessary to safeguard my future.

Perhaps I may feel some sympathy for those left behind and wish that thing's had been different. However I still believe I took the only course of action available to me and that I can now move forward with my life. It seems very unlikely to me that all murderers have a sudden moment of clarity and fall to there knee's begging forgiveness for what they have done. Yes murder is a gruesome business and isn't something to be undertaken lightly but the factors and reasoning involved will vary enormously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

God no, never even truly hated anyone. Except for someone murdered your wife/child/mother type of scenarios I dont think I ever will. I dont like someone I just dont have anything to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Fegelein goddamnit.

I have a mind to kill you father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Do you mean just thinking about it knowing that you'd never do it, or actually putting a serious plan in motion?

The former - all the time at work in my case. Like many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Beau Bennett

I hear you're a murderer now, father.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Ah, murder. No greater symbol that reflects human elitism over the rest of the natural world.

Alas though I must confess, I killed Roger Rabbit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Coincidentally, I've just come from this link:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/criminal-court/man-who-destroyed-a-family-s-home-on-christmas-day-is-jailed-1.4103574

and at this moment, I would happily put an end to the life of the piece of excrement who did this.

Advertisement