Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 15 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Shelvey goal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Newcastle goal

Shelvey

Defenders stopped thinking offside

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wow what a bizarre bizarre goal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Sheff Utd have been awful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Var gets it right.

• Advertisement

Linesman put the flag up and the defenders instantly stopped. They wouldn't have caught him but if it was a shorter gap between Shelvey and the defenders there would have been uproar

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

siblers wrote: »
    Linesman put the flag up and the defenders instantly stopped. They wouldn't have caught him but if it was a shorter gap between Shelvey and the defenders there would have been uproar

It is a common knowledge (skill?) amongst pro footballers getting paid and being on the pitch for years since they were little kids that you do play until you hear a whistle.

If they get distracted by linesman flag that's their problem.

Soft save point for Henderson
    3 daisy cutters

Lundstrum and basham doing really well in bonus
    Anything from Lundy will get him bonus

He lost one of the saves FFS

Shoot fFS I want that save point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Laca goal

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ryan o.g.??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    Ryan o.g.??

Don't think he touched it

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Why in Christ's name has Pepe not been starting?

Don't think he touched it
    He touched it. May have gone in anyway though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

did connolly not get an assist for the brighton goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭McBain11

Surely Kolasinac is offside for the Arsenal goal and interfering. How you can be adjudged to not to be interfering with play when you are challenging a defender on the goal line trying to clear it I'll never know!

If they need var to check situations like this and this takes them more than a minute... They don't really know what they are doing.

What a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

did connolly not get an assist for the brighton goal?

Yes, he didnt get an assist:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

scotchy wrote: »
    No
    I see.

looked like he swiveled on the ball in the box and passed it to the scorer in the clip I saw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

I see.

looked like he swiveled on the ball in the box and passed it to the scorer in the clip I saw

I didnt edit fast eneough, Anyway, Connolly off now.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭dockysher

I would hav won my h2h if tierney didnt come on. Why bring on tierney now wen pushing fr win.

Maupay(Mooy)

Great header by Maupay.

wonski wrote: »
    If they need var to check situations like this and this takes them more than a minute... They don't really know what they are doing.

What a waste of time.

It’s the inconsistency with linesmen that annoys me and lead to situation in Newcastle game

The premier league (Cos they just have to be different ) have apparently instructed linesmen onto to flag (and refs only to blow ) for clear offsides.
    So like the Luiz one where he is yards offside . No flag .
    The newscastle one is really tight but linesman flags. So players probably assume he is therefore well offside . Of course they should play on anyway and shelvey was dead right to stick it in anyway
    But it varies from game to game (and even within games ) when linesmen will flag or not flag etc

Maupay(mooy)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Surely Arsenal push on now chasing the game, with shots on target for potential save point for Ryan?

km79 wrote: »
    It’s the inconsistency with linesmen that annoys me and lead to situation in Newcastle game

The premier league (Cos they just have to be different ) have apparently instructed linesmen onto to flag (and refs only to blow ) for clear offsides.
    So like the Luiz one where he is yards offside . No flag .
    The newscastle one is really tight but linesman flags. So players probably assume he is therefore well offside . Of course they should play on anyway and shelvey was dead right to stick it in anyway
    But it varies from game to game (and even within games ) when linesmen will flag or not flag etc

Maupay(mooy)

The flag up is a signal to the referee, not the players in fairness. They should ignore it until the referee use the whistle.

Dont want to derail the thread but there are occasions where flag is up and no offside and vice versa. That's why they are supposed to continue playing.

And its not inconsistent, it just an error by assistant referee.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

FitzShane wrote: »
    Surely Arsenal push on now chasing the game, with shots on target for potential save point for Ryan?

And there we have it

FitzShane wrote: »

He'll need 3 more saves

• Advertisement

Pepe doesn’t look up to the physicality of the game let alone the English game.

Anytime I’ve watched Arsenal he looks to go down rather than play the/his game.

Wouldn’t touch him at 5m.

Edit - don’t think I’d touch any of their defence even at 4.5m

Would at 4m though

Advertisement