Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An Post Mobile

Comments

Waiting since last Wednesday to be ported over. Have emailed and text like the instructions but nothing. Don't think I'll bother following up any further

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I’d ring them, I was sorted in a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭deezell

Yes, or go to a post office with PM services. I'd assume your current supplier is dragging their feet on releasing your number. Must pee them off when you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

Is An Post Mobile data difficult to set up? I got a new SIM with a new number and could make calls immediately. I keyed in the APN and MMS access point details but I can't get online using mobile data.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

jrmb wrote: »
    Is An Post Mobile data difficult to set up? I got a new SIM with a new number and could make calls immediately. I keyed in the APN and MMS access point details but I can't get online using mobile data.
    I received a link by sms to update all the settings, I think you need to call them to get it

• Advertisement

I received a link by sms to update all the settings, I think you need to call them to get it
    Yeah, I got two long SMSs but the settings aren't getting me online (or I've made a mistake. Probably that).

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

Yeah, I got two long SMSs but the settings aren't getting me online (or I've made a mistake. Probably that).

data settings NAME..POSTMOBILE
    APN...ISP.POSTFONE.IE

thats all u put in for data settings

data settings NAME..POSTMOBILE
    APN...ISP.POSTFONE.IE

thats all u put in for data settings

Yeah, still no luck :(

Edit: That's exactly it, thanks. I copied and pasted from the SMS, so my phone added "http://" and messed it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭galtee boy

My wife switched to Postmobile yesterday, have to say, the switch over from previous operator was simple, porting over the number, setting up 4G etc was fast and trouble free, excellent coverage, but we have a Vodafone cell tower about half km away, so that's no surprise. Hope its as good when we start moving about again. One question and I can't see an answer on the website, do Postmobile have any add on options, like adding international minutes etc ?

galtee boy wrote: »
    My wife switched to Postmobile yesterday, have to say, the switch over from previous operator was simple, porting over the number, setting up 4G etc was fast and trouble free, excellent coverage, but we have a Vodafone cell tower about half km away, so that's no surprise. Hope its as good when we start moving about again. One question and I can't see an answer on the website, do Postmobile have any add on options, like adding international minutes etc ?
    Not that I know of, but Skype To Go is a good option if you have unlimited calls within Ireland. Basically you call a Dublin landline number (included in your package) and get forwarded to the international number using your Skype credit (as little as 1c/minute). It can be a bit awkward to set up, but it's worthwhile if you use it a lot.

• Advertisement

Not that I know of, but Skype To Go is a good option if you have unlimited calls within Ireland. Basically you call a Dublin landline number (included in your package) and get forwarded to the international number using your Skype credit (as little as 1c/minute). It can be a bit awkward to set up, but it's worthwhile if you use it a lot.

Ok, thanks. I suppose she could make WhatsApp international calls also, not a deal breaker anyway for the few international calls she might make.

As it's on the Vodafone network, I wonder could you add their 100 international mins for €5 top up to your number. Probably not. If you topped up your AnPost by a fiver and texted 5INTER to 50233, worst that could happen is nothing, your Fiver is still there towards your next 28 day topup, or to use for international calls on per minute rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

I've just reached my 50gb limit and have a couple of weeks left, do any of you know how to get more data? Doesn't seem to be an option on the site and their call centre is closed. Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Gadge wrote: »
    I've just reached my 50gb limit and have a couple of weeks left, do any of you know how to get more data? Doesn't seem to be an option on the site and their call centre is closed. Thanks !

Pretty sure you can't get any more until the billing cycle resets. If you're going to exceed 50gb frequently you may want to consider another network.

Clear mobile is also on the Vodafone network but speeds are limited to 5MB. This is fine for most things but not if you'll be using it as a hotspot. €12.99 for unlimited (throttled) data, national calls and texts.

Your other options would be 48 on the 3 network. €10.99 per month for unlimited National calls, texts and 100gb data.

Or

Gomo (on eir network) offer unlimited National calls and texts and 120gb data for €12.99. if you exceed it they will throttle the speeds but not cut you off from data entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Savage_Henry

For international calls i use Toolani app. It calls its irish landline nr (so that call is free) and then its peanuts for minutes

More data = top up by 15 eur again

More data = top up by 15 eur again

Does that reset it immediately?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

had the same problem so ported over to three all u can eat data

DopeTech wrote: »
    Does that reset it immediately?
    yes, i ran into the same issue (i switched to clear mobile because of that)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

had the same problem so ported over to three all u can eat data

Vodafone is the only network I get great signal on where I live. I was very happy on their Vodafone X plan until they capped the speed at 10mb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

DopeTech wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can't get any more until the billing cycle resets. If you're going to exceed 50gb frequently you may want to consider another network.

Clear mobile is also on the Vodafone network but speeds are limited to 5MB. This is fine for most things but not if you'll be using it as a hotspot. €12.99 for unlimited (throttled) data, national calls and texts.

Your other options would be 48 on the 3 network. €10.99 per month for unlimited National calls, texts and 100gb data.

Or

Gomo (on eir network) offer unlimited National calls and texts and 120gb data for €12.99. if you exceed it they will throttle the speeds but not cut you off from data entirely.

PostMobile is definitely not for someone who streams media but doesn't have home WiFi.

Just top up again by 15?

When I was with Eir, I had to pay €5 for a single 1GB top up, that would he €250 for an extra 50G, so €15 for 50G and your top up date shifts to 28 days from that date sounds like a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Has anyone used the SMS option to switch your number over to them? Got the SIM in the post and using SMS would be easiest for me to switch over but just want to make sure it works smoothly.

Has anyone used the SMS option to switch your number over to them? Got the SIM in the post and using SMS would be easiest for me to switch over but just want to make sure it works smoothly.

Yes, we used the sms message system when my wife switched to Postmobile last month. It worked fine, you just text them and say what time you want your number ported over. We waited about an hour after the specified time and nothing seemed to have happened, but then I restarted the phone, up came Postmobile on the phone and all was good. They didn't day to restart the phone, but I just decided to see if it would work and it did.

For international calls i use Toolani app. It calls its irish landline nr (so that call is free) and then its peanuts for minutes

If displaying your correct outbound caller ID is important then Yolla would be a better choice. You call using your data similar to Viber out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Yes, we used the sms message system when my wife switched to Postmobile last month. It worked fine, you just text them and say what time you want your number ported over. We waited about an hour after the specified time and nothing seemed to have happened, but then I restarted the phone, up came Postmobile on the phone and all was good. They didn't day to restart the phone, but I just decided to see if it would work and it did.

Cheers. Presumably this is an automated service so you could do it on a Sunday and it would still work?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭daraghwal

yes, i ran into the same issue (i switched to clear mobile because of that)

Is is actually limited to 5Mb/s or is not not enforced?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Can anyone else on post mobile (ensure wifi is off) get onto dominos.ie very weird that I can't on post mobile but can on wifi :eek::D

• Advertisement

daraghwal wrote: »
    Can anyone else on post mobile (ensure wifi is off) get onto dominos.ie very weird that I can't on post mobile but can on wifi :eek::D

Same here. Access denied. Dominoes server has obviously tagged IP addresses used by Anpost as suspicious, wereas you approach their server from a different IP when on Wi-Fi. Maybe someone with an AnPost mobile tried to buy a load of pizzas with a dodgy card.

Advertisement