Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a Night Owl or Early Bird?

Options
  • 27-11-2019 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

I really wish I was an early bird. I've have tried lots of different things to try and trick myself into getting up early but none of it has worked. I've set several alarms and slept right through them. I;ve had my OH wake me early and tell me it's time to get up and afterwards I'll have no recollection of the conversation. I bought the Lumie lamp, have put alarms in other rooms, have tried going to bed early and just lay there wide awake. I've set the clocks an hour ahead so to try and trick myself into thinking that it's an hour later. None of it works.

I would love to be an early bird and jump out of bed but for some reason I think I come alive at night. Less people around, no phone calls, you can watch TV and read without interruptions. Problem is that being a night owl doesn't suit my lifestyle which means I have to drag myself out of bed at the last minute to get ready and be on time.

Does anyone else have this, are you one of those people who wakes up and just pops out of bed or are you a night owl?

Are you a Night Owl or an Early Bird? 175 votes

Night Owl
    82% 144 votes
    Early Bird
    17% 31 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Early bird. 6 hours kip does me, awake 6.30 during the week, 7 at the weekends. Nothing better than waking up at the weekends in blissful peace, nice coffee and sky news

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Being an early bird does not equate to 'jump out of bed'. I don't much care for getting up at 5:00, I do it because I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Same, Bed by 10.30 up by 5.30
    But still hate getting up put of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Night owl but prefer chilling in the morning especially in summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Early bird. 6 hours kip does me, awake 6.30 during the week, 7 at the weekends. Nothing better than waking up at the weekends in blissful peace, nice coffee and sky news

Sky news?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Early bird here I suppose, bed by eleven and up at 7-7.15 but I am also incredibly good at impersonating a beached blue whale on weekend mornings. :D

Sky news?

I'm not sure what the question here is? I wrote sky news and your asking if it is sky news

Better "level" of presenters on the shows i watch in comparison to BBC News

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Used to love proper late nights out coming home when the sun was back up and even if I wasn't out i'd up to all hours watching movies ,

Now I can't make it to 11 without passing out , i'm normally bed by 10/ 1030 ,

Weekends I will be up and out of the house with the little one by 0830hrs,
    Have to make the most of your the weekends ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Early bird, particularly during the summer when it's bright at 5/6am. Less so during the winter.

Do enjoy a late night if there's booze involved, otherwise bed time is between 11-12.

I'm not sure what the question here is? I wrote sky news and your asking if it is sky news

Better "level" of presenters on the shows i watch in comparison to BBC News

Seriously, who gets up early to watch Sky News and Kay Burley. Would you not make better use of your time rather than watch tabloid television?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

VERY early bird as in around 3-4 am.

I know, crazy, but that is how it has been for many years. Turn in very early too and as I live alone no harm to anyone. Walking the shores at first light in total peace is a joy

My extended family are in Canada so I get to call them in their evening...

Graces7 wrote: »
    VERY early bird as in around 3-4 am.

I know, crazy, but that is how it has been for many years. Turn in very early too and as I live alone no harm to anyone. Walking the shores at first light in total peace is a joy

My extended family are in Canada so I get to call them in their evening...

What do you mean by extended family, I've never heard that term used like that before?

Seriously, who gets up early to watch Sky News and Kay Burley. Would you not make better use of your time rather than watch tabloid television?

LOLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

@ 7AM on a saturday morning

What do you mean by extended family, I've never heard that term used like that before?

Are you on d hash? Serious question

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Kay Burley is sex-ayyyyy. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

depends on the time of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Night Owl 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Maybe you're tired in the morning from staying up all night thinking "what innocuous question can I ask people on boards.ie so that I can have a go at them when they answer?"

What are we at now, how clean is your house, how much sport does your boyfriend watch, when do you go to bed. I feel like you could get a commuting angle going if your offline life is still as bereft of human connection next week as it clearly is now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Maybe you're tired in the morning from staying up all night thinking "what innocuous question can I ask people on boards.ie so that I can have a go at them when they answer?"

What are we at now, how clean is your house, how much sport does your boyfriend watch, when do you go to bed. I feel like you could get a commuting angle going if your offline life is still as bereft of human connection next week as it clearly is now?

He didn't force you to comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Went to sleep at 10.30am, now begins the struggle to get out of bed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

jimgoose wrote: »
    Kay Burley is sex-ayyyyy. :cool:

I think you may be severely sleep deprived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Used to love staying up at night til ridiculous times and thinking 5 or 6 hours is more than enough. It really wasn't and if I don't get at least 6.5 hours sleep I'm useless and kinda depressed throughout the day.

I can stay up late and I do on the weekends if I'm tucking into a new tv series or just hanging with friends/GF. But I have to have the time to get me 7 hours. Think it's a weird point of pride for people who say things like "I only need 4 or 5 hours" with some pride. Just because you can work fine on that doesn't mean you should. You're not some elite efficient human you need the same sleep like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i work nights so i dont know what i am any more:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'd say I'm a night owl.
    I also find it easier to do things at night time because others are gone to bed and it's easier to stay get things done without others help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Night Owl here.

I love the peace and quiet and I don't really come into my own until about evening time.

I like mornings too but I'm just not wired to be a Early Bird, I'm basically a cranky zombie then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Night owl, I feel like the world is conspiring against me in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Early bed, which hates getting up early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Night owl. Love the peace and quiet of night but unfortunately I'm up at 6 so dont get to embrace it all that much

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm generally a night owl; I don't usually get tired in the evenings, I go to bed more out of habit. It also takes me a while to fully wake up in the mornings, I run on a sort of autopilot. When I was doing college exams though I used to go to bed at 8-8:30pm and get up at 4am, I found that worked much better for me for going over notes etc before the exams themselves.

Advertisement