Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 Months - €8.99 - Unlimited Calls & Texts / 100GB Data / EU Roaming

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Maybe for you but it's working fine for me, and there is no sign of the offer.

https://www.48months.ie/

Scroll down the page, it says "under maintenance".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

JTMan wrote: »
    Scroll down the page, it says "under maintenance".

Nope....

3 plans listed no €8.99 it's €10 for 3gb data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I see sometime has asked on their forum. No answer as yet.

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Just-Hang-Out/The-Works-Bundle/m-p/52671

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

I Know the poster keeps saying the op says launching soon but would still like to know where the op heard this as unfortunately have seen in the past where people have inside info that never arrived. Be great if I'm wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ei9go

Keep away if you intend roaming other than in the UK.

It's a disaster, maybe data works on one network and as soon as the phone switches networks, it's gone and you have to try to get back to the one that works. Family member was in Greece and wouldn't work at all.

The only support you will get is that they blame the SIM and send you a new one, not a lot of use when you are away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Even if the plans stayed the same,I'll stay with them now since they went 4g

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

pissed wrote: »
    Had the same issue in Bulgaria but I think it was more down to my handset than the network My Huawei wouldnt register on the network but my sister in laws Huawei did. No issue with my wifes or brother in laws phones. Three of us were on 48 at the time.

Interesting to hear.... but not terribly helpful!
    This case we had was my wife's Huawei P20 lite in France, and my daughter's Huawei P10 lite in Berlin. Thankfully I had a vodafone Samsung... but it was really really inconvenient. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

Hoboo wrote: »
    Only risk is that people don't know how to use their phone apart from dial and browse, and can't set up their roaming settings properly, its all there on their support section. My missis did it in 20 seconds on her phone without me there, and as lovely as she is, she is completely IT and technologically clueless. Just follow the instructions.

Can't blame a provider for user ignorance and incompetence.

No disrespect, but we're reasonably savy about how to adjust phone settings.
    My daughter gave up... and ended up buying a German sim.
    I spent 2 hours spread over 2~3 days in France working with 48's suggestions... unable to get roaming working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Only risk is that people don't know how to use their phone apart from dial and browse, and can't set up their roaming settings properly, its all there on their support section. My missis did it in 20 seconds on her phone without me there, and as lovely as she is, she is completely IT and technologically clueless. Just follow the instructions.

Can't blame a provider for user ignorance and incompetence.

Eh no. I think the ignorance here is your comment.

I was with 48 for years. It's a great service in Ireland, never had an issue with them. Except for when it came to roaming. Calls and texts worked fine when abroad but data never worked no matter what I tried.

I have since switched to GoMo (great network, no issues) and I was away 2 weeks ago and data whilst roaming worked flawlessly.

For this reason, I wouldn't be switching back to 48.

HighLine wrote: »
    Eh no. I think the ignorance here is your comment.

I was with 48 for years. It's a great service in Ireland, never had an issue with them. Except for when it came to roaming. Calls and texts worked fine when abroad but data never worked no matter what I tried.

I have since switched to GoMo (great network, no issues) and I was away 2 weeks ago and data whilst roaming worked flawlessly.

For this reason, I wouldn't be switching back to 48.

Website down again now, fingers crossed :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I’ve used 48 for 4 years and didn’t ave much issues apart from some delays of texts. Went for GoMo and going to switch back to 48 as GoMo signal is non existent where I work and the 4g is woefully poor speed everywhere else.

MAORISH wrote: »
    Was on live chat to 48 and customer services person who I am presuming is based overseas had no clue of this potential €8.99 deal . I was told if it happens it will be on the website but for now the call centre staff have been briefed on nothing relating to it ...

I was just talking to 48 chat too and seems this may will be an elaborate hoax :-( Original poster is suspiciously quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Good value service, no issues with it for several years and helpful customer service if you use chat.
    Like most PAYG deals MMS messages and 1890 numbers are not in scope and can drain a lot of credit but it’s there in the Terms and conditions. Plus 1890 will shortly be legally only chargeable at local call rates and not premium.
    4G activated last week out of the blue with some odd roaming charging warnings but Customer Service reassured me and no problems since. 4G coverage seems a bit uneven but maybe not fully enabled until new packages are rolled out.
    I asked about rates and allowances for 4G and was told new offerings would be announced shortly.
    They currently do not allow tethering and prevent it technically making GOMO a better deal in theory but I’ll wait to see the new 48 packages as no tethering might swing me away from them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

irishchris wrote: »
    I was just talking to 48 chat too and seems this may will be an elaborate hoax :-( Original poster is suspiciously quiet!

Or an elaborate ploy to rouse interest before it's even officially launched.
    Perhaps support staff have been informed, and also informed to play dumb if asked before launch.

Personally I'd see this as being legitimate... For the moment anyhow.

biebiebie wrote: »
    Or an elaborate ploy to rouse interest before it's even officially launched.
    Perhaps support staff have been informed, and also informed to play dumb if asked before launch.

Personally I'd see this as being legitimate... For the moment anyhow.

Will see, can't see anyone switching to 48 from gomo unless it is as I'm sure 48 lost massive portion of customer base to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Fantastic value if it's true. No mention of this on their site though.
    I was with them for years and found their chat support impressive.
    Hopefully it's legit and 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

How is credit drained?

Do they "accidentally" take a double payment which leaves a balance which they then drain for out of bundle charges?

A couple of people have mentioned credit drain but it's unclear how it can happen if you only buy a membership and the balance is effectively zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Ten Pin wrote: »
    How is credit drained?

Do they "accidentally" take a double payment which leaves a balance which they then drain for out of bundle charges?

A couple of people have mentioned credit drain but it's unclear how it can happen if you only buy a membership and the balance is effectively zero.

never experienced this in the time i was with them

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

3 as far as I recall

And owned by Three too with support farmed out to some crowd in Belfast.
    If ever it comes to being a ComReg issue with a complaint escalation or enforcement action...
    It's Three that carry the can for it.

And as suspected - a hoax. This just posted in their website " we’re always looking for ways to give the best value and experience to our customers. But, as everyone knows, you can’t believe everything you read online Smiley Happy If we had an offer like that for you, we’d be shouting it from the rooftops! "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

And as suspected - a hoax. This just posted in their website " we’re always looking for ways to give the best value and experience to our customers. But, as everyone knows, you can’t believe everything you read online Smiley Happy If we had an offer like that for you, we’d be shouting it from the rooftops! "

Bit like GoMo...........Oh wait, they can do it for a euro more?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭muffinhead

And as suspected - a hoax.

Staff are bound by a confidentiality agreement. I don't work for them ;)

Simcards are free, why not order one and get in ahead of the mad rush:

https://www.48months.ie/free-sim

muffinhead wrote: »
    Staff are bound by a confidentiality agreement. I don't work for them ;)

Simcards are free, why not order one and get in ahead of the mad rush:

https://www.48months.ie/free-sim

To be a cynic :-) this would seem like a plan to get people to change to 48 but in Long term would be useless as people would move again when didn't happen. I won't be ordering anything off them until I saw an offer. Can you elaborate where this supposed deal came from or where you stumbled upon it?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭muffinhead

To be a cynic :-) this would seem like a plan to get people to change to 48 but in Long term would be useless as people would move again when didn't happen. I won't be ordering anything off them until I saw an offer. Can you elaborate where this supposed deal came from or where you stumbled upon it?

No, don't move until the plan is released - just keep the simcard handy.

The only information I have been given is that the launch is happening "very soon" and this screengrab from the website development for the new plan launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

never experienced this in the time i was with them

Just to clarify...if you only ever top up by enough to buy the bundle (Guido Mitch Don) then you can't have any credit drained?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement