Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 Months - €8.99 - Unlimited Calls & Texts / 100GB Data / EU Roaming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Lol trust me, 48 are worse.

Bull****e. Was with them for 2 years before, great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Hoboo

muffinhead wrote: »
    New prepay plan from 48 Months preparing to launch for €8.99 per month.

Details:

48.jpg

Muffin where did you get this from? There's nothing on the site or members section.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hoboo wrote: »
    Muffin where did you get this from? There's nothing on the site or members section.

OP stated "Preparing to launch"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Was with them for years, whole family is/was, never any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm still with them. I have a dual sim phone so I have a 3 sim and 48 sim and alternate each month since 3 was 4G and 48 were not. Looks to be some amazing deal though if it turns out to be true.

Doesn't seem real when you compare to their current plans and then the switch to 4G recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

I’m on voda red with “free” Spotify and 1 hour free calls abroad costing 70PM

I’ve just got out of contract but it’s very difficult to get hold of anyone at Vodafone these days

Option for a call back usually the next day is the only option

What’s the coverage like with these ppl, as good as vodafone ?
    Can I port my existing number ?
    Can I get an international plan for 1 hour calls abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Great offer.

Three recently purchased 48.ie, maybe a rebrand of 48 Months is on the way.

Does a Three locked phone work with 48? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

4G rolled out between 21 to 25th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

MAORISH wrote: »
    Its only meant for 18 to 22 year olds hence the 48 meaning the months between these ages....Don't know how they'll police that:)

I believe it was a marketing ploy to get younger people on board, but not meant to exclude people outside that age bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Just ordered a SIM there.
    Have a dual SIM phone so can compare with GoMo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

GoMo can’t even take my money at the moment and their website is a pig. I also am not a massive fan of being on “E” data so often.

When they cut me off, this is the next experiment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

The only issue I have with 48 was I couldn't get it to roam in France or Germany this year. Tried & tried. Was on chat to customer support. Gave up in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 28,414 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Its only meant for 18 to 22 year olds hence the 48 meaning the months between these ages....Don't know how they'll police that:)

They don't try to police it. In fact, they give good guidance as to what your birth year needs to be, to make it real easy to cheat. I set up accounts for my parents in law years ago.

It would actually be illegal for them to police it - a breach of age discrimination laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

We've had 48 aims for years we slowly migrated away from it as other better offers have come in, and needs change.

Very reliable network, but data speeds are lagging the other networks. I live in a rural area, so urban areas may be better.
    Only problem we had was roaming, says it's included and enabled etc, but a couple of times we used it and we couldn't get coverage abroad (EU).
    Anyway, its generally good value at a Tenner, and this is better, just be aware there are limits to the network {based on the old 3G).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

sector_000 wrote: »
    The only issue I have with 48 was I couldn't get it to roam in France or Germany this year. Tried & tried. Was on chat to customer support. Gave up in the end

Had the same issue in Bulgaria but I think it was more down to my handset than the network My Huawei wouldnt register on the network but my sister in laws Huawei did. No issue with my wifes or brother in laws phones. Three of us were on 48 at the time.

We've had 48 aims for years we slowly migrated away from it as other better offers have come in, and needs change.

Very reliable network, but data speeds are lagging the other networks. I live in a rural area, so urban areas may be better.
    Only problem we had was roaming, says it's included and enabled etc, but a couple of times we used it and we couldn't get coverage abroad (EU).
    Anyway, its generally good value at a Tenner, and this is better, just be aware there are limits to the network {based on the old 3G).

48 Months recently switched to 4G so speeds that you got years ago are not a relevant comparison now.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Any risk of roaming not working in a big no go. Too much of a hassle being in another country and having to chase home provider for support.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I have been with 48 for about 8 years.
    Highly recommend it, great value.

Go to the Canary Islands every year and have no trouble roaming either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Would be interested for a spare phone. Don't want to lose my credit with three. Can you keep your credit if you don't use all of it for the month or do you have to top up every month?

matzen wrote: »
    Any risk of roaming not working in a big no go. Too much of a hassle being in another country and having to chase home provider for support.

Only risk is that people don't know how to use their phone apart from dial and browse, and can't set up their roaming settings properly, its all there on their support section. My missis did it in 20 seconds on her phone without me there, and as lovely as she is, she is completely IT and technologically clueless. Just follow the instructions.

Can't blame a provider for user ignorance and incompetence.

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    OP stated "Preparing to launch"

I get that, I'm asking where they got the offer from? Has to be somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Thank GAWWWD some other network has come on board. Gomo are a disaster to deal with.

Agree with that for sure awful crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Still no sign of sign of it on 48 website, we could be discussing an imaginary offer

irishchris wrote: »
    Still no sign of sign of it on 48 website, we could be discussing an imaginary offer

"Preparing" to launch according to the OP?

Website is down for maintenance.

Suspect the offer is about to go live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

website is backup this morning, no sign of new offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,276 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They won’t and don’t.

website is backup this morning, no sign of new offer.

Website is currently down.

JTMan wrote: »
    Website is currently down.

Maybe for you but it's working fine for me, and there is no sign of the offer.

https://www.48months.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Nothing about that offer on their site.

Great to see them all coming down. We have been shafted for years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement