Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunstroke 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭thebourke

is there any buses from dublin to the festival on the 2 days..it doesn't say on the sunstroke website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Penfailed wrote: »
    I only have Adrenaline, Around The Fur, White Pony and Diamond Eyes in my Deftones collection. If I were to add another, what would you lot choose?

I think Koi for me. Also love the self titled, riffs galore. Think it's worth checking them all out tbh

They didn't really do much wrong imo over the years. Solid. And great live. The vicar St show was fantastic for gore tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Based on Glastonbury just getting cancelled, I expect this will end up the same in a few weeks :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

mloc123 wrote: »
    Based on Glastonbury just getting cancelled, I expect this will end up the same in a few weeks :(

Yea sadly i think you're right

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

No, it's absoloutely not 'highly likely'. Event organizers want things to go ahead at all costs. Bands want to perform at all costs. .

dead-mans-shoes-2.jpg?w=696

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,492 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Burty330 wrote: »

Yep. I was waiting for this gloating. Happy now?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Jesus, some folk really are pathetic.

Jesus, some folk really are pathetic.

Like keyboards warriors like you? I agree.

No, it's absoloutely not 'highly likely'. Event organizers want things to go ahead at all costs. Bands want to perform at all costs. Whilst you have the luxury of possibly being right in what you're saying, realistically the virus will probably peak in the next few weeks, batter the economy a bit and settle into being a normalized part of the flu season.

We're still only at the discussion stage of cancelling events that are occurring during the viruses spread, and in large part most are still going ahead and the Western world is continuing on its merry way. Summer fests cancelled too? 'Highly likely' is some spin. And a rather hysteria inducing one.

talk about being 100% wrong :D

Now what am I going to do with my refund ..........

Like keyboards warriors like you? I agree.

Hardly a keyboard warrior mate, but someone coming into a thread to gloat and revel in the disappointment of others is pathetic, no matter what way you slice it. Enjoy it though, you by golly sure won the internet today! :)

• Advertisement

Hardly a keyboard warrior mate, but someone coming into a thread to gloat and revel in the disappointment of others is pathetic, no matter what way you slice it. Enjoy it though, you by golly sure won the internet today! :)

For clarification , you were not on the forum back then so the context of the situation is beyond your understanding. You saw a chance to wag your finger at somebody and took it without knowing the full story. But snooty finger waggers who always look to put people down like you are common so whatever. Your flaw , not mine.

Quick recap so you understand - i took a lot abuse for daring to say the festival could be cancelled so my response was justified.
    Go way back in this thread and you will see that I was going to this festival also.

So I don't revel in the disappointment of others , just at the posters who deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hardly a keyboard warrior mate
    Indeed, clueless.

Not just a cunt, but now a certified ignorant cunt. No need to go to Croke Park for confirmation.

rubadub wrote: »
    Indeed, clueless.

Not just a cunt, but now a certified ignorant cunt. No need to go to Croke Park for confirmation.

Brave boy sitting behind your phone/computer screen.

Brave boy sitting behind your phone/computer screen.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

He is a simpleton.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    He is a simpleton.

Coming from a guy who last week was crying about name calling.
    Indicates the kind of people being appealed to, when they cant take harmless (and deserved) criticism of the lineup they resort to name calling.

Its not electric picnic so much as the O word.

Prat.

giphy.gif

A Patrick Bateman gif?? How original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Jaysus, it's a rubbish situation for everyone and for pretty much everything and it doesn't bode well for gigs/ festivals. Is now really the time to be sniping at each other? There are no winners here

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Came in here to see if there were any updates on this as I've tickets to to both days...

Am I seeing things or has this turned into pages of 'I told you so'?

Jesus Christ, nobody cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

sad af Burty

• Advertisement

Jaysus, it's a rubbish situation for everyone and for pretty much everything and it doesn't bode well for gigs/ festivals. Is now really the time to be sniping at each other? There are no winners here

Well burty was right, on the internet aswell, so he is the de facto winner tbf.

Yay!

IF the pin is pulled for this for the middle of June, what are the chances of a rescheduled date later in the year? I'd say fairly slim. If it's put back until next year, what's the chances of the line up being the same?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Penfailed wrote: »
    Yay!

IF the pin is pulled for this for the middle of June, what are the chances of a rescheduled date later in the year? I'd say fairly slim. If it's put back until next year, what's the chances of the line up being the same?

Zero chances on both i'd say, bands touring schedules are planned well in advance and some will just not be around these parts.

I've tix to FnM in Manchester a few days before Sunstroke, 4k capacity at my old stomping ground of Manchester Apollo, sold out in 30 seconds and looks like it wont go ahead.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Zero chances on both i'd say, bands touring schedules are planned well in advance and some will just not be around these parts.

I've tix to FnM in Manchester a few days before Sunstroke, 4k capacity at my old stomping ground of Manchester Apollo, sold out in 30 seconds and looks like it wont go ahead.

Gutted for you. I've only seen FNM once, in 2014 in Hyde Park in London (along with Motorhëad, Soundgarden and Black Sabbath). They were amazing. I was really looking forward to seeing them again at Sunstroke.

I know what you mean about schedules. It's really unfortunate. I hope, regardless of line up, that it's back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I just want to see Deftones really. Last time they played my son was about a day old so couldnt really justify going. Thought this would be it at last. Fecks sake.

I just want to see Deftones really. Last time they played my son was about a day old so couldnt really justify going. Thought this would be it at last. Fecks sake.

I've yet to see them. They were on my list.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

First time the distillers have played here since i was 18, really hope it goes ahead

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im hoping with us seemingly taking more measures than the UK to tackle the virus im hoping that will increase the chances of this going ahead :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Im hoping with us seemingly taking more measures than the UK to tackle the virus im hoping that will increase the chances of this going ahead :pac::pac:

Be great if it went ahead purely on how we've dealt with the virus, unfortunately they'll look at Europe as a whole, and it's pretty much all a disaster.

Can't even see FnM getting on a plane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

I've pretty much written this off. I'd say end of summer before even small gigs will be back on. Disappointing for sure, but it's only a gig. Hopefully the bands can keep going until touring resumes, everyone stays safe and sure, we'll give it a lash next year.

Advertisement