Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vesta Living - Clongriffin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 andrenoberto

Did you change your energy provider? Seems that Pinergy is too expensive

What is the process like? Which service provider do you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

I see Vesta are offering a free months rent if you move in before Christmas
    Things must be getting tough for them
    If I was looking to move in I would be looking for a rent reduction

Mr.S wrote: »
    I doubt they’re that worried, they just started building a second big development right next door! Will take a bit of marketing and discounts to shift the last remaining units.

But yeah good time to be moving if your in the market.

I don't think they ever offered a rent reduction before
    The current phase was probably too far advanced in the planning stage when covid hit, and while we knew covid would have an effect on the economy I doubt anybody predicted the mother of al recessions that is coming down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chaps20

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well. My husband and I are looking to move in one of the Vesta apartments in the new year (application is already approved but we need to wait a couple of months on our side before moving). This thread has been really helpful. I do have some additional questions and was hoping some of you would be able to help please.

1. Internet - Vesta told me that the internet speed is fully dependent on the usage across the entire complex and there is no dedicated bandwidth split or anything of such sort per apartment. How are you all finding the speed? I understand there are both 2.4 and 5GHz networks - what kind of speed are you getting? This is important to us as we both work from home and stream a lot.

2. Utility bills - for those who have been there for a while and if you don't mind mentioning - does much do you average every month/2months (two person household ideally but any estimate would be helpful here)?

3. South facing balcony - from reading the previous posts, I can see that if the balcony is south in the apartment's layout map, then it's south facing. Does south facing = facing the park? We are keen on the view.

4. How is it all so far? How is the neighborhood? Everything looks good on paper (and I've already moved in my mind!) but we've only been in Dublin for a few years and never lived anywhere else bar Dublin 1 - so appreciate any feedback.

Many thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I just had a look at the website, and wow this seems like a great apartment scheme. Very nice apartments, and hot desks available for people to work from. 1 beds are a bit pricey imo @ €1550 p/m however.

How are people enjoying living here?

• Advertisement

Bandwidth is indeed shared - but I think this is per block, not the entire complex. Speed wise it's decent, my apartment gets a stable 100Mbps down and up and never had any issues. Some apartments have had issues though with devices disconnecting etc, but I think in general it's pretty stable.

Big thing to point out is that your connection is via Wireless access points in the ceiling - you do not have access to the router, and there is no ethernet ports. WiFi is both 2.4 / 5GHz, but it's not dedicated - so you have have to rely on your device to pick the best band - some devices suck at that. (I wouldn't worry about the WiFi tbh, we use it for 4K streaming, gaming, working from home etc and never any issues bar the odd slow period like you would experience anyway).

The only Utility bill is electricity. By default you on are Pinergy, which is one of the more expensive providers, we paid something like €3-4 a day in credit. You are free to move to any provider you wish - so worth switching to your preferred electricity provider. For a 2 bed, we're paying about €40 a month with Bright Energy. The apartments are really well insulated (some say, too much ;)) and all the appliances are A+ energy efficient.

Heating is storage heaters, which is a bit annoying - but we've been here since Feb and have never put them on - if you have an apartment that faces the sun, you'll have a very toasty apartment.

I believe so!

Overall, really positive. We love our apartment and the complex. COVID19 has meant things like the gym, cinema, common areas, mail delivery etc have been closed or heavily restricted, which is a pity but not much they can do about that. The gym is a little small for the amount of residents, but it's handy for a quick workout.

Vesta are usually fairly quick to fix any issues - some people have had some teething issues but in our case, everything was addressed quickly - there's the Vesta App to log any issues.

The are some on-going issues, like a €100 call out fee to get into your apartment if you forget your keys out of hours (mobile keys still not activated) - so make sure you get a spare and give to someone!

Neighborhood - There isn't much in Clongriffin itself, it's very residential with a few local amenities like a Centra, takeaways, pharmacy etc. But we're near the Dart, a 24hr bus route into town, near the airport, decent supermarkets, M50, Maladide etc etc. Clongriffin has a lot of potential and there a lot of new developments coming up. Apart from the park, there isn't actually much "to do" in Clongriffin, so you'll probably be going further afield to have fun. There's a Dunnes and Tesco within walking distance if you don't drive.

Safety / Crime wise, it's also fine. There's some sporadic issues with local kids causing trouble, but I wouldn't say anything regular - it's a really residential area with mostly young families and the park keeps the area very active.

It's a nice place to live overall :) Shout if any more questions.

Thank you Mr.S - this is all extremely helpful and I am glad I reached out.

I hear you on the wifi but we have had bad experiences in the past so maybe we're just a bit paranoid. Do you know IF, in case the internet included in the rent does not satisfy our requirements, we are able to have a separate contract for the internet (at our own costs)? It's fine if you don't know, I can ask Vesta directly on this.

I know the apartment differs in size, but were you able to have an office space easily in a two bed apartment? We'll actually need two such spaces, using two screens each. Not referring to the new apartments that have the office rooms included as they are outside of our budget, but more the standard/Plus ones.

All the rest sounds wonderful and we are really looking forward to move - 2020 isn't ending fast enough! ;) Thank you again for all the information so far.

WiFi - I think you are able to take out a private connection via Virgin if you want to pay yourself.

On the “office space” - we had no issue putting a desk in each bedroom as we both WFH. We actually have one in the living room + bedroom. It really depends on your floor plan though as they’re all slightly different, even between standard / plus. In a two bed, you should have no issue.

Excellent - yes we're planning for a two bed and will come for a viewing at some point. Thank you so much for all the info provided! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 demitridi

Hi all,

Me and my 2 friends are moving to vesta in 2 weeks. I am so excited! I was wondering is the WhatsApp group still going?

demitridi wrote: »
    Hi all,

Me and my 2 friends are moving to vesta in 2 weeks. I am so excited! I was wondering is the WhatsApp group still going?

Did you get the free months rent ??

brisan wrote: »
    Did you get the free months rent ??

Unfortunately not, found out about it literally the day after signing our lease

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Is there a waiting list for one bed apartments? I wouldn't be able to afford a two bed and wouldn't have any use for the second room anyway.

Is there a waiting list for one bed apartments? I wouldn't be able to afford a two bed and wouldn't have any use for the second room anyway.

No waiting list and if you move in before christmas you get a free months rent
    They seem to be behind their schedule on filling apartments
    Send them an e mail

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sakudlave

Hello guys?
    Me and my girlfriend moving in to Vesta apartments mid December. I heard electricity provider is pre-paid and you able to set up an account with it. Wondering if you able to change to bill pay?
    And i seen other post about whatsapp group, would be lovely if someone could add me up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

They are introducing flat sharing via suites program

https://vestaliving.ie/suites

Starting from 999€.

Starting from 999€.

Trouble getting rid of 2 beds i would say

Starting from 999€.

So you get your own bedroom, and your “buddy” has a bedroom, and then you share the rest (like the kitchen and bathroom), is it?

So you get your own bedroom, and your “buddy” has a bedroom, and then you share the rest (like the kitchen and bathroom), is it?

That seems to be the way and you have no control over who your buddy is
    Could be a night owl and you up at 6-30 in the morning
    I would say they are struggling to shift the 2 bed apartments and this is a creative way around it

brisan wrote: »
    That seems to be the way and you have no control over who your buddy is
    Could be a night owl and you up at 6-30 in the morning
    I would say they are struggling to shift the 2 bed apartments and this is a creative way around it

I was just thinking that myself. My partner is up before 5am for work every morning and if I moved there, I’d be up for 6:30am myself.

We’re hoping now to move in the start of Feb next year if any one beds are available, but sounds like a suite would be a no-go. I can’t imagine many single people wanting to live with a couple they don’t know either!

I was just thinking that myself. My partner is up before 5am for work every morning and if I moved there, I’d be up for 6:30am myself.

We’re hoping now to move in the start of Feb next year if any one beds are available, but sounds like a suite would be a no-go. I can’t imagine many single people wanting to live with a couple they don’t know either!

Well you never know your luck if you moved in with a couple :D
    Granted I doubt many will go for it with no control over who you share with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Code WELCOME20 will give you a credit equal to 1 month rent if you sign a 2 or 3 bedroom and is credited at the beginning of your 2nd month.

• Advertisement

Hi guys!

Me again; I was wondering are you able to move the wardrobes?

We have a 2 bedroom plus apartment, and the size of the bed vs the rest of the room has me worried I won’t be able to move things around to fit in a desk/tv for the non-en-suite bedroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rosiepetals

Hello,

Could someone please add me to the whatsapp group for residents in the Vesta apartments? Please let me know if you can add me so I can PM you.

Thank you!

Is there still apartments to rent here ?
    I know the council have taken some on the HAP scheme and just wondering have they taken all the available ones
    A few lone parent families have moved in to the 2 beds

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Anyone moving in to these recently

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Woah

I hope the new set of apartments they are building is mainly one beds as they are by far the best quality for the price in Dublin. Their "suites" sharing thing is also way too expensive imo. 1k to share with a stranger is a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

Woah wrote: »
    I hope the new set of apartments they are building is mainly one beds as they are by far the best quality for the price in Dublin. Their "suites" sharing thing is also way too expensive imo. 1k to share with a stranger is a lot.

From the planning of new apartments currently under construction: "94 no. 1-bed apartments, 8 no. 2-bed (3 person) apartments, 167 no. 2-bed (4 person) apartments and 13 no. 3-bed apartments"

Their 2-bed units are priced too high for the market by the looks of it. They probably have the financial resources to wait and see what happens with the market before reducing them.

They are lovely apartments and I would have loved the opportunity to live somewhere like that when I was renting, but I don't think I would have paid around 1k to share a place. I suppose it depends on your individual circumstances. Salaries are probably a bit higher now.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Woah

So mainly 2 beds again, can't imagine they will be able to rent them all considering they are still giving a free month on the existing ones and still can't shift them. Pity they aren't build to sell they might have more demand that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hayleighsnow

Anyone know if many people are actually availing of the Suites? Me and my partner are moving in this weekend but I cant imagine a single stranger would want to pay 1,000 to share with another couple when they could get a room half that in the city centre?? Also can I be added to the WhatsApp too pls ✌️

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dean7

Hi

Would anyone have information/floor plans/ pictures of the 2 bed apartments? I'm considering moving into Vesta. Has anyone with children put 2 beds in the second room? Thanks for any help

Regards

Dean

• Advertisement

Anyone know if many people are actually availing of the Suites? Me and my partner are moving in this weekend but I cant imagine a single stranger would want to pay 1,000 to share with another couple when they could get a room half that in the city centre?? Also can I be added to the WhatsApp too pls ✌️

Just wondering if you have had someone move in with yourself in a suite? I’m in the same situation now where my partner and I are considering it but can’t imagine a stranger wanting to live with a couple.

Advertisement