Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Black Friday

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

KyussB wrote: »
    Well, I don't think the US does

Sure it doesn't :rolleyes:

https://concentrationcamps.us/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Cyber Monday has turned into a Cyber Security Monday thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Good deal on a Bosch 18v SDS for anyone using the range

£92 Can't link at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

GarIT wrote: »
    I wouldn't think it's worth having something that records your every word and sends it to China on your wrist.

61N3UgocqkL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Might be of interest but no BF discount. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its a sad reflection on how pathetic Amazon's sales have been that people are having to resort to discussing concentration camps.

Amazon have obviously deduced that there are enough gullible people out there to buy up any old garbage that they they offer at non genuine discounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭mel123

I bought a fitbit versa on Friday, ten pound off. Needed two (presents), so great to save 20 sterling. Saturday i was going in to show someone the deal i got, and it was cheaper again as a cyber Monday deal. Very annoying. Just an FYI for anyone who bought on Friday, check again today, you might save even more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

mel123 wrote: »
    I bought a fitbit versa on Friday, ten pound off. Needed two (presents), so great to save 20 sterling. Saturday i was going in to show someone the deal i got, and it was cheaper again as a cyber Monday deal. Very annoying. Just an FYI for anyone who bought on Friday, check again today, you might save even more

Did you get onto Amazon chat? They can be good at sometimes refunding the difference when that happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

How much was it out of interest? I got one on the German site for 130eur plus a few quid postage. Thats the original versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I bought one on Friday from fitbit site.
    AIB rewards are giving 20% back onto your registered card on the fitbit site so got the fitbit versa 2 for €160

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Why is it so many electronic items such as power banks and earphones are not eligible to be shipped to Ireland? Seems like everything I click on is like this lately, much more so than in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pinkman wrote: »
    Why is it so many electronic items such as power banks and earphones are not eligible to be shipped to Ireland? Seems like everything I click on is like this lately, much more so than in the past.

It's because of the battery packs. Just use address pal and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,918 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Birneybau wrote: »
    The Huawei ones are decent, obviously not as good as the Garmin's, but at least a fifth of the price

Thanks for the suggestion. Bought my teenage daughter a Huawei band 4. Does more than the basic fitbit and it's 35 pounds, rather than 50 for the fitbit. Not sure how much she'll use it, so didn't want to spend too much.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XTQR8TS Fiver off usual price supposedly.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Did you get onto Amazon chat? They can be good at sometimes refunding the difference when that happens?

Yes got on to them, im a good prime member and no budge out of them, so i reordered and ill send the other two back, also as per her advise, which to me is really stupid the cost of them getting one out (staff etc) and dealing with returns for the sake of it.

iggy wrote: »
    I bought one on Friday from fitbit site.
    AIB rewards are giving 20% back onto your registered card on the fitbit site so got the fitbit versa 2 for €160

£169 was the cheaper price i got it for, you did well

• Site Banned Posts: 135 ✭✭Sloppy_Joe

Zardoz wrote: »
    Pathetic. You'd have better bargains on any other random day of the year.

A good sign the economy is strong, fewer bargains as people will spend their money anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

There was some good bargains there alright

When you get past all the junk they promote

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Berserker5 wrote: »
    There was some good bargains there alright

When you get past all the junk they promote

Yeah, picked up a few bits. Quite often those who say there was no bargains were expectant of a few items to be at a certain price point and if not, its not seen as a good bargain. Cant please everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Having a bit of the black Friday hangover(not just Amazon), bought a fair stack but all were on the Christmas lists for ourselves and our kids, Fire Tabs, PS4 game and a Blink; been promising myself a cam setup for ages so pulled the trigger - not especially discounted but I'd consider it a bargain anyway.

Pretty happy with it all, seemed this year there were lots of 'little' bargains, rather than the big headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NateDogsCats

Little off topic but someone mentioned AddressPal last page, I got something ordered to mine that was delivered on Sunday but still haven't had any update from An Post about it, does it normally take this long? I used it twice before (once for home delivery the other post office) but I can't remember it taking this long just to acknowledge receipt (unless they only let you know when it has been sent and I've forgotten). I'm wondering if it's just because it's the busy season now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

My addrespal delivery from Wednesday was ready for collection just yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Little off topic but someone mentioned AddressPal last page, I got something ordered to mine that was delivered on Sunday but still haven't had any update from An Post about it, does it normally take this long? I used it twice before (once for home delivery the other post office) but I can't remember it taking this long just to acknowledge receipt (unless they only let you know when it has been sent and I've forgotten). I'm wondering if it's just because it's the busy season now.

Black Friday business increases hugely for them. Could just busier.

Had you any battery items in the order? Restrictions on some of these.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I ordered 3 Smart plugs on Thursday afternoon, they were delivered to Parcel Motel on Saturday morning, and I had them in hand at 8pm that same night! (Dublin).

Excellent service.

sweetie wrote: »

Hmm so maybe it's just taking longer, I might have to contact them though just in case. No batteries in the order just shoes. Normally go with Parcel Motel but I didn't think I'd be near one in time but starting to regret that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

sweetie wrote: »
    Hmm so maybe it's just taking longer, I might have to contact them though just in case. No batteries in the order just shoes. Normally go with Parcel Motel but I didn't think I'd be near one in time but starting to regret that decision.

I had an item delivered to AddressPal on 11-Nov-2019 and still haven't received it 3 weeks later. Customer service and communication from AddressPal has been nothing short of shocking, have rang them and emailed numerous times with all sorts of required information such as screenshots of proof of delivery and signatures received from AddressPal depot and still nothing.
    Normally use ParcelMotel and no such problems even with oversized items but this building related product wouldn't ship to the north.

I had an item delivered to AddressPal on 11-Nov-2019 and still haven't received it 3 weeks later. Customer service and communication from AddressPal has been nothing short of shocking, have rang them and emailed numerous times with all sorts of required information such as screenshots of proof of delivery and signatures received from AddressPal depot and still nothing.
    Normally use ParcelMotel and no such problems even with oversized items but this building related product wouldn't ship to the north.

That's worrying. Might give them a call instead see if I can get anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Duga

My dash cam was delivered to addresspal on Tuesday, got it from the post today...BUT the box was empty! Got my refund quuckly when got on the chat with CS but still lost addresspal charge obviously :(

Advertisement