Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Black Friday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    I got a oneplus 7 8g and 256 GB for €370 delivered from Eglobal.

I got a Moto G6 with 4G delivered from Egolbal. Excellent price and delivery, but they didn't point out that it was Hong Kong stock and so it had no Band 20. Reception of 4G out here in the sticks was non-existent. After 3 months I bought a G7 from Amazon Spain and the 4G reception appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Very poor black Friday sales on Amazon today

"3 months of Prime for just £23.97 £11.99" is about the best deal I've seen. Should be handy for ordering a few stocking fillers (cheap stuff w/free shipping) and some Prime Video thrown in to boot. Not bad for 4 quid a month*.

* remember to cancel before the 3 months are up and the £79 hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Pathetic. You'd have better bargains on any other random day of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Zardoz wrote: »
    Pathetic. You'd have better bargains on any other random day of the year.

A few lightning sales were ok but that's about it and as you say. Same as any other day.
    I tried ordering Amazon echo but delivery not until January. Found em cheaper on littlewoods

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

I got the Garmin Vivoactive Music for €180 on Amazon.de

I've been looking for a while and that's the best price I've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Soarer

"3 months of Prime for just £23.97 £11.99" is about the best deal I've seen. Should be handy for ordering a few stocking fillers (cheap stuff w/free shipping) and some Prime Video thrown in to boot. Not bad for 4 quid a month*.

* remember to cancel before the 3 months are up and the £79 hits.

You can actually cancel as soon as you register, and they’ll give you the option of getting a refund or letting your sub run out.

So you don’t even have to remember to cancel!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

I cancelled my order for a Eufy robovac when I found a better more powerful model by the same company on the Amazon Spanish site for €60 less than the Amazon.co.uk site. Pretty crap Black Friday “sale” alright, at least on the English site.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

kenyard wrote: »
    A few lightning sales were ok but that's about it and as you say. Same as any other day.
    I tried ordering Amazon echo but delivery not until January. Found em cheaper on littlewoods

Ordered a Nintendo switch from Littlewoods at 6:30pm yesterday, received no confirmation email, so rang them this morning,

it seems their customer service is located overseas, was put on hold for ten minutes and then they hung up,
    I rang back and was speaking to a lady who informed me that the payment never went through so I was wasn't charged,
    I informed her that the money has been taken from my account so I was charged, she said she was going to contact some other department, back on hold, came back on to tell me that they weren't open until Monday and to ring back then, I then seen that a lot of people have been reporting similar issues with Littlewoods on trustpilot, so in other words, stay well clear of this shower

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

I did see one bargain on the Lego Pirate Rollercoaster. At 42GBP. /50EUR.....usually about 75-80 Eur. Bought it and by the time I went to get the link to post it was gone up to 80 GBP

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

stdidit wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HBZ4N3W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ihv4DbKZP6MCE
    Shark Lift-Away Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NV601UK], Blue/Steel Grey for £119.99 on prime, seems like a decent deal to me.

I thought so too so I bought it!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Soarer wrote: »
    You can actually cancel as soon as you register, and they’ll give you the option of getting a refund or letting your sub run out.

So you don’t even have to remember to cancel!

If you have a few Amazon accounts you can get prime free all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

dubliniift wrote: »
    Placed three orders of tv on amazon italy All pending on amazon italy. They wanna verify card. Account also locked. What is wrong. Used 3 diff accounts and 2 diff cards

let me know how this plays out. i was trying to buy a samsung 49q60r a few months back. they repeatedly cancelled order. customer services couldn't explain and asked me try again, check credit card address, etc.

eventually they emailed saying the reason for cancellation was that they couldn't ship due to lithium batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭dubliniift

walshy123 wrote: »
    let me know how this plays out. i was trying to buy a samsung 49q60r a few months back. they repeatedly cancelled order. customer services couldn't explain and asked me try again, check credit card address, etc.

eventually they emailed saying the reason for cancellation was that they couldn't ship due to lithium batteries.

This is awesful. Imagine I loose this TV and also loose BF deals

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

It was very poor for me overall. No good deals that I was interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Damien360

walshy123 wrote: »

Neither Fedex or DHL will take even 3V lithium batteries we use for work. Has to be land shipped if required. I assume uk shipments here are primarily by DPD or similar over land.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yep, load of bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

turniphead wrote: »
    I got the Garmin Vivoactive Music for €180 on Amazon.de

I've been looking for a while and that's the best price I've seen.

What made you pick that one? The 3 version was it?

Mam wants me to get a watch for Dad for Xmas...I was gonna get a Fitbit but alot of the reviews are shocking bad and now Google bought them...this could be a great thing or they'll flipping shut them down in a years time. Never know with Google.

So I'm thinking Garmin may be the way to go...

Looking for steps counter/Heartrate stuff/ Map of where he walks/Sleep stuff be good to.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

FFVII wrote: »

Mam wants me to get a watch for Dad for Xmas...I was gonna get a Fitbit but alot of the reviews are shocking bad and now Google bought them...this could be a great thing or they'll flipping shut them down in a years time. Never know with Google.

Looking for steps counter/Heartrate stuff/ Map of where he walks/Sleep stuff be good to.

It's a general fitness watch with good reviews. I'm sure there are better running-watches, smart-watches, etc out there but you'd have to pay more for them. As a general fitness/activity tracker this ticks all the boxes (step counter, heartrate, gps, sleep monitor, etc.). The Vivoactive 4 is out now hence the price reduction.

The Vivoactive 3 is cheaper again (€150 approx) but I wanted the music option so didn't mind paying that bit extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

LEGO 75218 Star Wars X-Wing Starfighter

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-75218-X-Wing-Starfighter-Building/dp/B0792R2MYX/

£45. Lowest it's ever been by a good bit according to Camels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

dubliniift wrote: »
    This is awesful. Imagine I loose this TV and also loose BF deals

Ah sure, just lose change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

FFVII wrote: »

The Huawei ones are decent, obviously not as good as the Garmin's, but at least a fifth of the price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Birneybau wrote: »
    The Huawei ones are decent, obviously not as good as the Garmin's, but at least a fifth of the price

I wouldn't think it's worth having something that records your every word and sends it to China on your wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Zardoz

GarIT wrote: »
    I wouldn't think it's worth having something that records your every word and sends it to China on your wrist.

As opposed to sending it to the US or UK ?
    Google and Apple are far worse than Huawei .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

GarIT wrote: »

Yes, because every word you say is so important to the Chinese Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Yes, because every word you say is so important to the Chinese Government.

I don't think anything I say is unusually important, It's not even listened to, just scanned through with some automated systems listening to keywords. Still I'd rather that not happen no matter the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XJ3LVPI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Zsn5DbFY9WTKC

Logitech K400 Plus Wireless Livingroom Keyboard with Touchpad-QWERTY UK Layout - Black for £13.99 Prime. Great wireless keyboard for the price, I have one and find it goes great with my android TV box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Zardoz wrote: »
    As opposed to sending it to the US or UK ?
    Google and Apple are far worse than Huawei .
    China has literal concentration camps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

KyussB wrote: »

i don't think they'll be interested in sending you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

KyussB wrote: »

Not to get too political, but so does the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Well, I don't think the US does, no :) but not for this thread/forum - leaving it at that.

Advertisement