Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Buffman

Luap wrote: »
    What details do you need? I have my other halfs spare 3 sim and wonder would they do it for me in the shop or would she have to be there.

Anytime I've done it they just ring the number to make sure you have it, nothing else required.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Luap wrote: »
    What details do you need? I have my other halfs spare 3 sim and wonder would they do it for me in the shop or would she have to be there.
    I did register the Eir SIM on My Eir first to make sure it would port without issue. The lady I dealt with just took my name and email address & sent a verification SMS to the number and I had to read out the code in that to her.

You can easily login to My3 for that spare SIM and change the name on it to yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There's a bucket load of them on adverts now so a good few must have received them :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Anyone else managed to get around the 100 not taken off barring one person today ?
    Try following these steps.

1. Go incognito.
    2. Go to page
    3. Click select under the vodafone x plan, 20 euro/ 4 weeks.
    4. A pop up should appear at bottom of screen showing, continue to basket, click on that.
    5. Should be showing 40 euro cost.
    6. In basket page there should be a box ticked showing keep my number. Enter "your number".
    7. Get verification code from phone that has the phone number you entered.
    8. Rest should be straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I went on to chat cos I never got a confirmation email. He gave me a shipping ID and said I can check the progress with an post but it's not recognized on their system, yet at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Ush1 wrote: »
    I went on to chat cos I never got a confirmation email. He gave me a shipping ID and said I can check the progress with an post but it's not recognized on their system, yet at least.

Did you deselect email and/or SMS in the marketing preferences thing that pops up, like I did?

Meant I never got any confirmations at all

I had a screen shot of the order number but that didn't work either

Had to register for myvodafone using the email I ordered with, by which time the phone had been delivered :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Quackster wrote: »

Now just the small matter of chasing refunds for my three cancelled orders! :eek:

Do they not aromatically refund cancelled orders. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭caper23

if theres a shipping id showing when log into vodafone does that mean the phone will be sent out??

fdevine wrote: »
    Did you deselect email and/or SMS in the marketing preferences thing that pops up, like I did?

Meant I never got any confirmations at all

Never thought of that, it might explain why I didn't get any confirmation from them :o.

Jeff2 wrote: »

They should do but will take a while to get back into your account/card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Can you change the date of porting after receiving the phone? Cant find the option anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Jeff2 wrote: »

No. The way they do it stinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

Ordered yesterday with 100 off.
    Got a shipping ID, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭budgemook

Does anyone know if there is a time limit on the A21s offer? Late to the party here but ticks all the boxes for my last Christmas present. Will need to wait a few days for a new SIM card.

budgemook wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a time limit on the A21s offer? Late to the party here but ticks all the boxes for my last Christmas present. Will need to wait a few days for a new SIM card.

Probably until they run out of stock which could be any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭budgemook

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Probably until they run out of stock which could be any time.

Fair point. Maybe I’ll try get a SIM a bit quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Jeff2

budgemook wrote: »

It says on the site 5 days left or when out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

When it comes at review order, phone price changes from 39.99e to 139.99e. Somebody else with this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Ush1 wrote: »

That's normal. Tracking number won't work until an post pick up the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

bondja80 wrote: »
    When it comes at review order, phone price changes from 39.99e to 139.99e. Somebody else with this issue?

Yes i am struggling since morning...black is also in stock now

• Advertisement

I know I tried to order 10 times and always same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

bondja80 wrote: »
    I know I tried to order 10 times and always same

Lolz...try to pay once and see what money is taken from account..i was told on twitter that they will refund 100 but going by their past exp i am not taking chances

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

I got onto chat and started asking them what the story was, they said it would be released for shipping in 24hrs. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

You already got 2!!!! :p

Lolz...try to pay once and see what money is taken from account..i was told on twitter that they will refund 100 but going by their past exp i am not taking chances
    yes they tried to charge me 139.99e, but I didn't have enough money on card, so they couldn't charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭caper23

anyone else get phone delivered today or yesterday..?
    all still unlocked?

anyone manage to order one for €39.99 today??

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

caper23 wrote: »
    all still unlocked?

I got for 39.99 this morning (around 11am). It originally wouldn't take the payment card and then wouldn't apply discount, even after selecting "keep my number" in checkout.
    Got onto chat and they said to clear cache and cookies and that worked (maybe just a coincidence). All in all took about 10 attempts to get it to go through for 39.99. Not sure if it made a difference but I set up a my Vodafone account before order went through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Mine was delivered yesterday but arrived with only the phone, no sim included. I had used a 48 sim card just for the deal so makes no odds but funny that the sim is missing.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

caper23 wrote: »
    all still unlocked?

Phone I got in Carphone Warehouse today is unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Quackster wrote: »
    Phone I got in Carphone Warehouse today is unlocked.

Yeah.Unlocked.Dual SIM.Great deal. :cool:

Advertisement