Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Black Friday Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

DopeTech wrote: »
    Go to the support page and you will see a red speech bubble in the bottom right of the screen.

and wait at least 45 minutes......:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

okidoki987 wrote: »
    and wait at least 45 minutes......:rolleyes:.

I never had to wait more than a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I got through to them on live chat, I have received order number and text to the number, but can't set up an account to check status.
    I was told that this is because of an issue with the order!
    I asked them to issue a white one instead as I have paid, but they can't do this.
    I have to wait 48-72 hours for a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Wolftown

Mine just arrived, was ordered on 19/11. Order status still shows as 'in progress' on my account.

Switched using a new eir sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Anyone ordered today ? Still showing full price on final page

• Advertisement

fdevine wrote: »
    Same......no SIM. Ordered 17/11, delivered 23/11

and the number is ported as old SIM stopped working lol....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 501 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Tried ordering with a 48 sim and they wouldn’t entertain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Has anybody had any problems with getting the €100 off?

Luap wrote: »
    Has anybody had any problems with getting the €100 off?

Lol good morning how are ya������

Yes see lst two pages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

This thread is so much fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

Had same issue with 100 discount not applying. Got on to VF chat and they said to clear cookies and cache and start over. Finally got it ordered this morning using an old Eir sim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭podge3

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Tried ordering with a 48 sim and they wouldn’t entertain it.
    My order seems to have gone through with a 48 SIM. Ordered on the 19th, still showing as "released for picking" but An Post tracking shows delivery probably tomorrow.

podge3 wrote: »
    My order seems to have gone through with a 48 SIM. Ordered on the 19th, still showing as "released for picking" but An Post tracking shows delivery probably tomorrow.

If you have an anpost tracking number or even a shipping ID then you will get it.

daviddwyer wrote: »
    Had same issue with 100 discount not applying. Got on to VF chat and they said to clear cookies and cache and start over. Finally got it ordered this morning using an old Eir sim

Done still not showing full discount on last page ! which browser did you use and which network and which SIM plan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mburke

1st order was cancelled, VF said technical glitch

2nd order also cancelled, not going to try a 3rd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭caper23

after all these phone are gone out for €40. will anyone get caught to pay the €20 per month for whatever amount of months??

i persume people are paying on.their cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

caper23 wrote: »
    after all these phone are gone out for €40. will anyone get caught to pay the €20 per month for whatever amount of months??

Was wo

I still cant get 100 to show up ! Cleared cache and all that

I still cant get 100 to show up ! Cleared cache and all that

Tried incognito?

DopeTech wrote: »
    Tried incognito?

will try....are people using existing or new accounts to get the 100 show ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

No getting caught for anything. You're simply asked to choose which PAYG offer you want. No obligation to ever use the SIM that comes (or not) with the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭caper23

fdevine wrote: »
    No getting caught for anything. You're simply asked to choose which PAYG offer you want. No obligation to ever use the SIM that comes (or not) with the phone

ok.. but they ever come after anyone for the money or the fact the phone only cost €40 instead of €140.

anyone who took this deal last year shouod know??

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

Done still not showing full discount on last page ! which browser did you use and which network and which SIM plan ?

Use Google on android phone with Eir prepaid sim that hasn't ever been activated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭fdevine

ok.. but they ever come after anyone for the money or the fact the phone only cost €40 instead of €140.

anyone who took this deal last year shouod know??

I have taken up deals like this from VF for years, as have many other boards users.

VF consistently have switch and save offers like the current one and I have never been charged, chased or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ordered using Lycra Sim, then noticed it wasn't going to work so changed to 48 Sim, saw that wouldn't go through so tried an Eir Sim.
    Checked credit card, Lyrca cancelled, 48 payment has gone through but no email from Vodafone, Eir pending :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Ordered using Lycra Sim, then noticed it wasn't going to work so changed to 48 Sim, saw that wouldn't go through so tried an Eir Sim.
    Checked credit card, Lyrca cancelled, 48 payment has gone through but no email from Vodafone, Eir pending :confused:

Vodafone Systems are a joke. I rang them, got put through to 3 different people and I'm still none the wiser whether the order will be processed or not.
    It's just wait and see at the moment.

I have checked with the technical team, it seems to be a technical error.
    If you want to complete the order and check how much will be taken from your bank account. If there is a €139.99 had been taken, I would be able to refund €100 within 10-13 working days after creating your account.
    All you need to do now is just take a screenshot by the offer and process it if you want!

Lol response on twitter !! No way i am chancing 100 bucks on their customer care.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Finally bit the bullet and popped into Carphone Warehouse. Used a new Eir SIM I received in the post yesterday. No hassle at all. Had to pay for a €20 top-up but as I'm with Vodafone anyway, that's fine with me.

Now just the small matter of chasing refunds for my three cancelled orders! :eek:

Anyone else managed to get around the 100 not taken off barring one person today ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Quackster wrote: »
    Finally bit the bullet and popped into Carphone Warehouse. Used a new Eir SIM I received in the post yesterday. No hassle at all. Had to pay for a €20 top-up but as I'm with Vodafone anyway, that's fine with me.

Now just the small matter of chasing refunds for my three cancelled orders! :eek:

What details do you need? I have my other halfs spare 3 sim and wonder would they do it for me in the shop or would she have to be there.

Advertisement