Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Mustang Mach E

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Round Cable

50k gets you 600km range and a nice standard spec. B&O sound system for one.

The €50k Mach E only has a range of 450km from a 70kWh usable battery. The 90kWh usable battery will cost more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Why isn't this thread getting any love. I dismissed this car at first but on a second look it seems like a contender.

Of course it's a contender. It's raison d'être is to compete head on with Tesla Model Y.

Either could be my next car...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You'd be having the mustang over the y, at least there's plenty of dealers around. You'd still worry about Tesla after care when the volume of customers come. It looks like the better car.

I was all excited about the 600km range, just read it again. :o

Still it's ford, seen as they've gone as far as calling it a mustang they mean business. Share price looks cheap compared to you know who if they win this fight:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,135 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Like the Polestar, it looks great on paper but until they're actually available I'd be concerned that the efficiency, charging speed and electronics might disappoint.

Nobody has yet produced an efficient EV in SUV form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Under the 50k benefit in kind exemption limit - expect big sales to company car drivers

• Advertisement

Darc19 wrote: »
    Under the 50k benefit in kind exemption limit - expect big sales to company car drivers

If they can bring it under 50k before grants it'll sell like hot cakes.
    BIK on this is about €600 a year, it'd be a shame to use it as a daily driver though https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1966-ford-mustang-v8-fully-restored-car/22417945

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Not a big fan of the Mach E, or its use of the Mustang name. Don't particularly like the bubble look of the X or the Y either.

If I were looking for an SUV, I'd be leaning towards the Polestar 2 or XC40, maybe the e2008 if it were big enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I've a much more positive opinion on this Vs initial thoughts.

1) I've seen pics of white interior which should work well.

2) looks great Vs most modern cars.

3) what does 50 k buy you in ICE land - this holds up well for cool factor - plus it looks a usable car for daily use - 5 seater - good boot etc.

The unknown caveat areas.....

1) how firm are Ford going to set up the ride - too often a "sporty" approach means too hard a ride.

2) real world efficiency and range.

3) charging performance real world.

4) How well Ford Dealers are set up for it - although I expect Ford will sell this via selected dealers.

I get that Tesla set up is flawed re back up and how they do stuff.....

But I still see it as important that Ford get the dealer back up right for this. Because that then gives the customer a clear reason to not buy a Model 3 or Y instead.

There's a Ford company vehicle in the family and while no major issues.

Nonetheless it's clear that Ford service doesn't understand that while "she might only be a fleet vehicle user" - she and the rest of her family at some point could want to buy a car.

This does vary from dealer to dealer though.

Need improvement on service - otherwise you might as well risk a Tesla.

On the Ford website the bigger battery is an extra $5000

Which would bring the the RWD Long range in at $48,895 before grants in the US.
    The Tesla Model 3 long range is $48,990

The Irish price on the Tesla is € 59,573 so appears were paying 10k extra before grants.
    I'd assume the long range rwd mustang will be just shy of 60k here. Depending on where it's being built maybe less.

You can configure it here. https://www.ford.com/buy/mach-e/build-and-price.html?config=WANAB-CGW-2021-CX727#/model

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Is 50k irish price listed before or after grants?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Irishjg

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Is 50k irish price listed before or after grants?

It’s after grants and it’s the smaller Battery 77KW version.

Sorry meant to add that 70kw is available

Irishjg wrote: »
    It’s after grants and it’s the smaller Battery 77KW version.

It's before grants, it's $43,000 before grants in the US so sub 50k here before grants.

US price is irrelevant here in Ireland. Look at the price of the Model 3 in the US compared to here.

It's a lot better looking car with the honeycomb grill, I wonder is it as easy as just swapping them. The one on the standard looks fixed.

2021-ford-mustang-mach-e.jpg

V

2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-8-1280x720.jpg

US price is irrelevant here in Ireland. Look at the price of the Model 3 in the US compared to here.

I have that's why I'm saying the entry one will be sub 50k here before grants.

Yep the honeycomb grill looks better for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Yep the honeycomb grill looks better for sure.

Nothing a bit of vinyl wrap wouldn't fix. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

It's before grants, it's $43,000 before grants in the US so sub 50k here before grants.

Small print in the Ford Ireland website says the €50k entry level price is the indicative recommended retail price after all government grants & subsidies

Small print in the Ford Ireland website says the €50k entry level price is the indicative recommended retail price after all government grants & subsidies

It states that's for the pre production model, we don't have pricing for Ireland yet.
    If you look at Ford US site, Tesla US and Tesla Ireland site in that order you'll see where I got the prices from.

If the 50k was post grant price it would mean a €16,000 price gap between the American and Irish car on the base model alone. They intend to beat the Y and model 3 not price themselves out of the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I fully expect Ford to price themselves out of the market. Ford seems to get notions about its pricing from time to time in certain segments eg the Edge which was completely uncompetitive.

There pretty much matching Tesla pricing, the extended battery is adding £10,00 in the UK which seems very expensive, the prices are there if you configure on the UK site https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/mustang-mach-e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Remember, US prices will exclude sales tax

Darc19 wrote: »
    Remember, US prices will exclude sales tax

Going on UK prices, the RWD with 450km range will be sub 50k here before grants. The UK prices don't have grants built in. It has to be sub 50k for bik purposes if they want company car owners to jump at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,135 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

On paper there's very litte separating the Ford from Tesla Model Y.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-model-y-ford-mustang-mach-e-ev-comparison-2019-11?r=US&IR=T

Remains to be seen whether Ford can really pull this off though.

They can't mess this up there too much riding on it, I think VW have messed up and Tesla hard to know what there up to.
    This seems like the best on offer though. Definitely Trump's the Y, ID and model 3 if they get it right.
    I'll definitely pop into ford the next time I'm passing. That 450km range it might just be enough to avoid me charging on my regular route.

If the 450km you refer to is relating to the standard range model be careful. That’s a WLTP estimate which is rather aspirational the EVBD real usable range will be somewhere between 360 to 390km. The 90kw usable RWD version will cover 450km EVBD but that will set you back somewhere around €60k in Ireland

It needs to do 360km with 200km of that on motorway, the other 160km on a mix of roads all below 100.

It needs to do 360km with 200km of that on motorway, the other 160km on a mix of roads all below 100.

Yep for sure you are spot on 360km is within reach on the SR 70kw RWD as long as your consumption is below 194wh/km you’ll make it.

• Advertisement

Hopefully so that would rule out public charging for me which is something I want to avoid.
    I'm really impressed with the entry spec has the extras I'd like on the ID as standard, pana roof and decent Soundsystem. Think I'm sold.

Advertisement