Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Marty1476

Any truth in this? Isn't the proposed July intake meant to be on 26/07/2021? They cant really move it back any further unless they change it to August.

Just speculation amongst people who were speaking to the trainers doing the pct. July intake is meant to be the 19th, if they wait till the end of July it gives them nearly two more weeks to play with for medicals

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

Just got a mail about medical, has to be done by 30th of June

‘ it’s anticipated successful candidates will be invited to commence training mid July ‘

Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Envoi

Sparky92 wrote: »
    Just got a mail about medical, has to be done by 30th of June

‘ it’s anticipated successful candidates will be invited to commence training mid July ‘

Happy Days!

Same as delighted to hear from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Neisey13

Medical Booked - Back on track for 19th July

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

was informed that a medical appointment cant be issued to me yet, as my file is on hold and being reviewed by the Commissioners office. My vetting is clean does anyone know what this could be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 User152875

Do ye think outstanding vettings will be finalised by mid July for those successful at medical ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nathz112

Have my medical booked too… anyone know what’s involved? Is it just heart rate, weight, BMI and the likes?

nathz112 wrote: »
    Have my medical booked too… anyone know what’s involved? Is it just heart rate, weight, BMI and the likes?

Can’t say for sure because it’s been outsourced but the one they do in HQ is urine test, hearing test, eye test, joint mobility, blood pressure and bmi

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Has anyone received any offers yet for July? Surely they would be giving them out soon as the 19th is just a month away

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tamkuj

What happens if you have holidays booked in july or august?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

tamkuj wrote: »

Then you won't be starting training.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

tamkuj wrote: »

In my opinion cancel your holiday or re-book it.
    That's what id do anyway id cancel my wedding just to start haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

Do they definitely provide you with a month's notice with the offer? I have to give a month's notice to my current employer. They have treated me pretty well so I'd like to honour my contract. I've heard rumours of people been give like 2 weeks notice, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

Do they definitely provide you with a month's notice with the offer? I have to give a month's notice to my current employer. They have treated me pretty well so I'd like to honour my contract. I've heard rumours of people been give like 2 weeks notice, does anyone know?

It’s safe to say we won’t be getting 4 weeks notice , the part where they said “it is envisaged ‘SOME’ candidates will start training mid July” is notice enough for people with vetting back and that ,

Other then that it’s a guessing game, if offers go out after the final medicals on the 30th, 2 weeks notice max , be no harm to let your work know that July is a possibility however

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

A friend of mine was called on the Friday and told you have to be down in Templemore next week, part of the group that was sworn in early. Had to give basically no notice & in a career for years.

Seems they only are concerned about the requirement at that particular time.

Niamhlol wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone has the precise salary, pay scales, annual leave details etc.

Passed PCT today and will be leaving a decent public sector position if called.

Thanks

Do you not think it's a bit late to be asking that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Niamhlol

Witcher wrote: »
    Do you not think it's a bit late to be asking that now?

Lol

Obviously I am familiar however looking for feedback from new recruits. Overtime etc.

Also wishing to clarify if €184pw still stands.

Hi, just wondering if anyone has the precise salary, pay scales, annual leave details etc.

Passed PCT today and will be leaving a decent public sector position if called.

Thanks

Just google it, it’s public information

Marty1476 wrote: »
    Just google it, it’s public information

Ah yeah, have done so. Again just wondering about overtime etc. How much one could make.

Cheers

Ah yeah, have done so. Again just wondering about overtime etc. How much one could make.

Cheers

https://www.gra.ie/documents/PayScales.pdf

• Advertisement

Cheers

Overtime depends entirely where you're stationed, some won't see an hour from one end of the year to the other.

Witcher wrote: »
    Overtime depends entirely where you're stationed, some won't see an hour from one end of the year to the other.

Yeah that’s really what I was asking.
    In terms of allowances, unsocial hours etc. And also in terms of transferring pension.

I’m assuming you have experience

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Rebeccab99

Hi everyone, just had my fitness there! Flew everything and failed on the push/pull. Absolutely raging! Anyone got any tips for me? I’d be quite small about 5ft3 so it was hard since it was right to my face! There was a lot of people in doing the fitness today throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ayogdx

Lol

Obviously I am familiar however looking for feedback from new recruits. Overtime etc.

Also wishing to clarify if €184pw still stands.

If its money you're in for I think you'll be disappointed. Also bit unfair taking a spot and being unsure this late in the stage when there's people who are sure they want to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ayogdx

Rebeccab99 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just had my fitness there! Flew everything and failed on the push/pull. Absolutely raging! Anyone got any tips for me? I’d be quite small about 5ft3 so it was hard since it was right to my face! There was a lot of people in doing the fitness today throughout the day.

I'm 5'2 and barely made it through the push and pull even with compensation. Definitely a lot tougher for people on the shorter side. What helped me is that I kind of pictured that I'm trying to push and pull a car if that makes any sense

ayogdx wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 and barely made it through the push and pull even with compensation. Definitely a lot tougher for people on the shorter side. What helped me is that I kind of pictured that I'm trying to push and pull a car if that makes any sense
    Our height definitely doesn’t stand to us and even at that I had the compensation too! I thought I’d be fine for that, I’m normally fairly strong so I thought it shouldn’t be too hard for me! The girl at the computer told me I was only 1.5 out, I don’t know if that’s just barely out or not

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ShaunaEllen

Rebeccab99 wrote: »

For the push pull I focused on strengthening my back. Also pull ups helped too. I’m same height as yourself. Even if you get a PT for the sake of 2 sessions it’s so worth it because you can tip away at it every 2nd day by yourself while waiting for a repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

Hi for anyone that has done the fitness test was the beep test hard at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 19 User152875

AliHH wrote: »

I guess it depends on fitness level but it's basically just practice the more you do it the better you get at it! When I started I could barely get to level 4 with out being out of breath and now I'm at level 8.2 (I'm a girl)
    I practiced twice a week in a car park each parking space in 2.5 meters so easy enough to get 20 meters no matter where you go.
    Hope that helps a little but practice and you should be fine!

• Advertisement

AliHH wrote: »

Hi, I had my fitness test just today and I was surprised with the beep test, it wasn’t as bad as I expected but I had been practicing it for the past two weeks or so! Saying that three of four failed the beep test from my group

Advertisement