Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

anything today folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Niamhlol

AF96DUB wrote: »
    anything today folks?

Yes, got my email. Pct 19th. Off to run the roads now lol

Niamhlol wrote: »
    Yes, got my email. Pct 19th. Off to run the roads now lol

Congrats and good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Donnat1986

Anyone heading up tomorrow??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 madge91

Donnat1986 wrote: »
    Anyone heading up tomorrow??

I’m going tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Rebeccab99

madge91 wrote: »
    I’m going tomorrow

Are the PCTs being held in templemore?

Rebeccab99 wrote: »
    Are the PCTs being held in templemore?

Yes they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

Hello All,

Just to give some feedback here.

I competed the PCT test with 5 others on Saturday 05.06.21. Arrived at 1:50pm for the 2:15pm slot.

5 in my group. 1 other male and 3 Females. - all very nice people.

I passed all stages of the PCT, but like others I did not get paperwork or an email to say I passed.

Of that group 3 out of 5 passed.

I’ve no doubt I will get a email shortly to be called for medical in HQ.

Goddard wrote: »
    Hello All,

Just to give some feedback here.

I competed the PCT test with 5 others on Saturday 05.06.21. Arrived at 1:50pm for the 2:15pm slot.

5 in my group. 1 other male and 3 Females. - all very nice people.

I passed all stages of the PCT, but like others I did not get paperwork or an email to say I passed.

Of that group 3 out of 5 passed.

I’ve no doubt I will get a email shortly to be called for medical in HQ.

Congratulations to you , that’s brilliant news!
    Did everyone pass today? Also how did you find it over all?

Congratulations to you , that’s brilliant news!
    Did everyone pass today? Also how did you find it over all?

It was what I expected, but the push / pull was harder than I thought it would be.

• Advertisement

Goddard wrote: »
    It was what I expected, but the push / pull was harder than I thought it would be.

Oh really, yeah I heard the push/pull is not to be under estimated alright! The people who failed, which parts of the fitness did they fail on?

Oh really, yeah I heard the push/pull is not to be under estimated alright! The people who failed, which parts of the fitness did they fail on?

They failed in the bleep test and push pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

I’d be hoping for medicals this week

• Registered Users Posts: 15 steviebb

Any update on pass and failures from yesterday? Hoping we get a call for medical this week with a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tamkuj

Hi all. Do we know were the medicals are being done? Is it with our own GP or we have to go to a specific Garda doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

tamkuj wrote: »
    Hi all. Do we know were the medicals are being done? Is it with our own GP or we have to go to a specific Garda doctor?
    Garda CMO in the Phoenix Pk apparently …. Haven’t heard anything yet as to when.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cruzex

Anyone here that would have been from the first group to do fitness test when they started back in June and have been called for medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

cruzex wrote: »
    Anyone here that would have been from the first group to do fitness test when they started back in June and have been called for medical yet?

I did PCT first weekend back, but haven't heard anything about medical yet

Doyler8642 wrote: »
    I did PCT first weekend back, but haven't heard anything about medical yet

I’m the same. Did the fitness 05.06.21 and no dates on medical yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Marty1476

Anyone here with everything done and just waiting for an offer??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ayogdx

Just a little heads up, medicals most likely to go ahead with your local gp.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ShaunaEllen

Marty1476 wrote: »
    Anyone here with everything done and just waiting for an offer??

Yep, just waiting to hear. Heard my file is in final checks with senior management.

ayogdx wrote: »

That’s great! That should quicken things up a lot for us all!

I got an email back from HRM today in regards to my vetting and the usual response “The vetting process is multi-tiered and thorough for each applicant and each file is vetted on an individual basis. Unfortunately we do not currently have a completion date for your file at the moment.” Still have no date either for the fitness, hopefully I’ll hear something soon!

Yep, just waiting to hear. Heard my file is in final checks with senior management.

That’s a good sign, Have you been in touch with hr recently for an update?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

Really? Where did you get that information from? Would be great it that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sparky92

That would be ideal! Where did you hear this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ShaunaEllen

Marty1476 wrote: »
    That’s a good sign, Have you been in touch with hr recently for an update?

I emailed them on 1st June and got that response from them. Basically said they would be in contact with me in due course. So I’d imagine if we are to hear anything it would be Friday because the next intake is 19th July and I’m sure they will give a months notice for work etc. Other than that my guess is as good as anyone’s at this stage!! Hopefully we hear something soon!

I emailed them on 1st June and got that response from them. Basically said they would be in contact with me in due course. So I’d imagine if we are to hear anything it would be Friday because the next intake is 19th July and I’m sure they will give a months notice for work etc. Other than that my guess is as good as anyone’s at this stage!! Hopefully we hear something soon!

You’re in a good position, hopefully Friday will be a good day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Does anyone have any tips for the sit ups. Struggling with the 35 in one minute. Any tips on breathing or technique would be appreciated. I seem to have the rest nailed down.

Advertisement