Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Alanm904 wrote: »
    No I haven’t done the PCT or medical yet but have met with the sergeant and superintendent just have to wait for Templemore to open again was supposed to have PCT on 27th of March but obviously cancelled due to covid-19

I'm on the exact same boat as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Triplek wrote: »
    I'm on the exact same boat as you.

I’m the exact same mine got cancelled too. Anyone have an idea when PCT might start up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

AD07 wrote: »
    I’m the exact same mine got cancelled too. Anyone have an idea when PCT might start up again

Pcts end of June start of July :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

St. Westy wrote: »

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Oh really where did you hear that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

I had my meeting with the super yesterday to get my vetting processed while waiting on pct and medicals to start back up he mentioned that July/August is looking more likely for the college to open up for the pct.

Any tips on what the super may ask , any advice gave my meeting soon

Any tips on what the super may ask , any advice gave my meeting soon

Nothing to major I was lucky enough with my meeting baring in mind he's my partners super so it wasnt too formal, just asked the general questions like my local sergant did, why I want to be a gaurd? Went through my form b and my work experience and mentioned me being with my partner who he knows but I've seen on here that many peoples experience can vary and just for yourself to always prepare as you would for an interview, he's still has to write a report on you based on what he is seeing and getting from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I’m meeting the superintendent and sergeant on Thursday. Not sure what to expect or what kind of questions they’re going to ask. If anyone has any tips I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

GavK wrote: »
    I’m meeting the superintendent and sergeant on Thursday. Not sure what to expect or what kind of questions they’re going to ask. If anyone has any tips I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

My meetings with both sergeant and superintendent were very informal. Just asking about interests and why you want to be a guard. Also ask about what you see as the job of a guard etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kaymoe31

GavK wrote: »

Had interview with Sargent in Feb, and met with inspector yesterday. Both were fine. Might ask about your family, yourself, sports, hobbies, interests. Eh mine asked about education, school and college. Jobs you have done in the past, what your doing now? Might ask about the pandemic like mine did yesterday. Why you want to be a Guard? What area would you be interested in and why? And what you would be apprehensive about within the job? Suicides?? Also got asked where do you see yourself in 5years?

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Does anyone have a copy of the shuttle run sheet they give you on the day of your pct? I know that it didnt have 10 shuttles for every level like the ones I'm seeing online for practise.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AoifeBx_

Hi does anyone have a link to the Loughborough shuttle run test? I can’t find it anywhere.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

AoifeBx_ wrote: »
    Hi does anyone have a link to the Loughborough shuttle run test? I can’t find it anywhere.

Thanks.

I have the audio for it on whats app

AF96DUB wrote: »
    I have the audio for it on whats app

Could I also be sent this, I've lost the one that was sent to me months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

AoifeBx_ wrote: »

Thanks.
    If you use Spotify there is one there called "The beep test:20 meters". I used this to practice and didn't notice any difference to what was used in templemore on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Could I also be sent this, I've lost the one that was sent to me months ago.

Sure PM me your number there and I'll send it on

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

Hi Guys, I still have to meet my with the local Super and Sergeant.

I'm going to call the station myself and try set it up.
    The question i have is, i live 2km away from my local station, and 2.5km away from my district HQ.

Which station should i contact? Or both?

Thanks in advance

Goddard wrote: »

The question i have is, i live 2km away from my local station, and 2.5km away from my district HQ.

Thanks in advance

Dont be ringing. They will ring you or email to invite you. You dont ring to make an appointment. From my experience anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

Thanks in advance

I'd leave it to them to contact you - I put my parents' address down for my application (as I keep all my important stuff going there in case I move - tax, insurance, banks stuff etc), which is in Co. Waterford.

When it came time to have my meeting with the Super, it was Clonmel (Tipperary) station that called me. They must have checked where my PPS number was registered to vote or something - but leave it up to them, they'll organise which station you'd be covered by :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

Thanks in advance

I dont think there is any harm in ringing, you're just a pile of paperwork on a desk at the moment and you could end up staying there for a while if you don't. I rang my super and was told that they were meaning to call me but just hadn't gotten to it yet, meetings got set up fairly quickly after that.

I met my Sgt in my local station and Super in District HQ, call the District HQ and ask to be put through to the Supers office and you'll get their secretary (who is also a Guard) and just ask the question.

I know they're all busy be we as applicants have timelines to meet for possible intakes before some superstar in FF or FG decide to stop any more intakes or recruitment for budget or some other BS reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Goddard

I dont think there is any harm in ringing, you're just a pile of paperwork on a desk at the moment and you could end up staying there for a while if you don't. I rang my super and was told that they were meaning to call me but just hadn't gotten to it yet, meetings got set up fairly quickly after that.

I met my Sgt in my local station and Super in District HQ, call the District HQ and ask to be put through to the Supers office and you'll get their secretary (who is also a Guard) and just ask the question.

I know they're all busy be we as applicants have timelines to meet for possible intakes before some superstar in FF or FG decide to stop any more intakes or recruitment for budget or some other BS reason.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I don't think there's any harm in calling them either. I think it shows good intent for the role! A pro active future member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

Met with Superintendent & Sergeant.

Medical & Fitness test is still pending.

Does anyone know if and when the college with reopen and will there be another drive at the end of 2020?

Thanks

Does anyone know if and when the college with reopen and will there be another drive at the end of 2020?

Thanks

Impossible to answer mate. All depends if the budget has dried up. Covid has cost this country alot of money. Also very hard run fitness and medical exams while social distancing measures are in place.

Thanks

did you set up that meeting yourself or did they ring you to go for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

did you set up that meeting yourself or did they ring you to go for it?

They rang me both times. No harm giving your station a call to check for an update.

I'm just hoping the 2019 batch of people remaining are not affected by Covid. Surely the funds have been ring fenced for this recruitment drive.

Did anyone hear anything positive from higher up?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

They rang me both times. No harm giving your station a call to check for an update.

I'm just hoping the 2019 batch of people remaining are not affected by Covid. Surely the funds have been ring fenced for this recruitment drive.

I don't think Covid will affect the vast majority of us, was told by a guard only 150 new recruits have started this year when the plan was 750 new guards, and with the amount of guards retiring now there will have to be funds for recruiting over the next year, hopefully everything works out for us.

Aaron123 wrote: »
    I don't think Covid will affect the vast majority of us, was told by a guard only 150 new recruits have started this year when the plan was 750 new guards, and with the amount of guards retiring now there will have to be funds for recruiting over the next year, hopefully everything works out for us.

i agree, it may be this time next year or 18 months but we will get there :D keep the faith, its a great sign that the ball is still rolling regards to vetting and meetings happening even without a fitness or med, i know its easier said then done, but just let it run its course, its not healthy to just live friday to friday refreshing emails for a offer, take a step back and save up the money, get fitter and stronger, check up on your vetting every so often, and good things come to those who wait :cool:

there's still a geansaí load from 2018 campaign waiting aswell but I don't think they do year by year, just luck of the draw whoever gets their vetting cleared first .

haven't heard anything today, i think it will be next week at the earliest if there is a June intake, lets just pray they don't cancel more intakes for 2020, i got caught short during the last recruitment embargo

any one waiting for a call up from 2017?? Ive spoken to maybe a handfull but there seems to be a lot from 2018 waiting aswell as 2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 deenam

This was posted in another thread from the Irish times .. Seems positive

“An Garda Síochána, as an essential service, will continue its recruitment programme in 2020 in line with Government public announcements,” a Garda spokesman said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/coronavirus-garda-recruits-to-be-deployed-after-just-one-week-in-templemore-1.4251712?mode=amp

Advertisement