Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Hi lads
    Did anyone have trouble emailing the B form? When I go to send it on 1 PDF it's saying too large and won't send? Is it ok to send it on 2 separate PDFs does anyone know?

No, you cant send as 2 separate PDFs. Mine was sent back for that. Try changing the resolution to low res to minimise file size.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EdvinasS

They do not update you as the file is being processed. If you passed everything, you just have to wait untill next intake and hope to get an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

EdvinasS wrote: »
    They do not update you as the file is being processed. If you passed everything, you just have to wait untill next intake and hope to get an offer.

What I don't understand though is that if the vetting is being carried on in the background and we can do PCT without that coming back, why are those with checks abroad not being called for PCT/medical now? I know people that are much further down the OOM and have them completed and I've not received the GP clearance form yet. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

I attached 3 pdf files rather than the 1 big file, will that get sent back to me does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

Aaron123 wrote: »
    I attached 3 pdf files rather than the 1 big file, will that get sent back to me does anybody know?

I sent back 3 different files, the first page separate with the photo, then the whole PDF together and the last page separate with signature. They didn't ask me to change anything based off that. Had a few other changes to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 EdvinasS

What I don't understand though is that if the vetting is being carried on in the background and we can do PCT without that coming back, why are those with checks abroad not being called for PCT/medical now? I know people that are much further down the OOM and have them completed and I've not received the GP clearance form yet. :confused:

I got my vetting back to work in Airport Search Unit within 2 weeks and I assume the vetting is thorough as the airport is classed as a "High Risk Area" but here because of so many applicants and the work is somewhat manual its taking longer to process all the applications. Its the only logical reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Chrismc1997

EdvinasS wrote: »
    I got my vetting back to work in Airport Search Unit within 2 weeks and I assume the vetting is thorough as the airport is classed as a "High Risk Area" but here because of so many applicants and the work is somewhat manual its taking longer to process all the applications. Its the only logical reason.

Completely different type of vetting than what you did in the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Northkman88

When doing the shuttle run, are we on our own or are we in groups of three?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Groups of 8/9 depending on how they lay it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mar_mar27

Can you change into you gym gear at arrival or do you turn up in your gym gear? What time does it finish if your scheduled to be there at 9am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Anyone recieve a date for their PCT in the last week? Sent off my gp clearence last wednesday week and haven't heard from them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Neisey13

Anyone recieve a date for their PCT in the last week? Sent off my gp clearence last wednesday week and haven't heard from them yet.
    My GP clearance had to be back by the 20th and I haven't got a date yet. I phoned Wednesday and was told that we should hear early next week. No indication when the PCT would be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Neisey13 wrote: »
    My GP clearance had to be back by the 20th and I haven't got a date yet. I phoned Wednesday and was told that we should hear early next week. No indication when the PCT would be though.

Ah we're in the same boat then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ajataverskop

Hi lads! For how long did you wait form b? I had interview 23.11. and i didnt get it yet. My oom is 370's.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mar_mar27

When everything is in order with the form garda appointments will send you a gp clearance form

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kaymoe31

Hi lads! For how long did you wait form b? I had interview 23.11. and i didnt get it yet. My oom is 370's.

Was you interview last week?? Did you find out results of interview already??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ajataverskop

Kaymoe31 wrote: »
    Was you interview last week?? Did you find out results of interview already??

Sorry, my bad. It was 23.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

Sorry, my bad. It was 23.10.

I had mine that week too (21/10) got my result Thursday 2 weeks after that and the form b the following Monday and my form b had to be back by the 26th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jadeie.t

Hi guys just wondering if someone can help me out. I have my fitness on Friday 6th December, just wondering is there somebody standing on your feet for the sit ups? I know in the demonstration video the instructor stood on the feet but I’ve been hearing mixed answers. Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

Hi guys quick question please
    I had my interview last week how long dose it take to get the answer??
    And who will inform you if you passed or not.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 MrNightOwl

Jadeie.t wrote: »
    Hi guys just wondering if someone can help me out. I have my fitness on Friday 6th December, just wondering is there somebody standing on your feet for the sit ups? I know in the demonstration video the instructor stood on the feet but I’ve been hearing mixed answers. Thank you!!

Hi, the instructor stood on my feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

Just received my GP Clearnace form, does anyone know once you send that back, how long you would be waiting for a test date?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

How long was everyone waiting after they sent their GP clearance form back for a date? Also how long did it give you to prepare for PCT? Does anyone know when the inductions will be for the 2019 campaign? I know the information booklet says 'mid 2020' but is there anything more specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

If you are over weight for the GP form will this disqualify you from the competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

Hi guys, just got my interview results today and my OOM is near 500. Could anyone explain to me what happens next? I am going away on Sunday for 3 weeks and I am bit concerned about not being in the country to get the mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Form B is next. You should recieve that by email over the next week or so. You've two weeks to fill that all out, details about all your family for vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Hey guys,

Anyone on here passed everything and waiting for vetting to come back/offer to be issued?
    If so, anyone know when next intake is and could we possibly be in that one or is there many from 2018 campaign waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

Does anyone know how quick you can be called for the PCT after sending off your medical form? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Hi all, for anyone that has done the PCT, I'm up to scratch with beep test and situps but struggling a bit with the pushups, can you use rest position on the day, my max currently 19 reps , need 25and have pct on the 17th.TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Chess98

Hi guys, just checking the girls can do the press ups from their knees like in the video? Thanks 😊

Advertisement