Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My friend's long term girlfriend aborted their child without consulting him first.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Y'all realize this is all made up by OP, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Jmsg

AulWan wrote: »
    If you choose to have sex with a woman you do so with the full knowledge that there is always a chance that she could conceive a child you do not want to pay for, so if you're not willing to take that chance, then put it back in your pants.

It's your choice.

It's clearly the women who do the choosing in this matter. But women have literally zero responsibility in today's society.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Jmsg wrote: »
    It's clearly the women who do the choosing in this matter. But women have literally zero responsibility in today's society.

We should stop pretending the sexes are equal ...women are far superior ...we should be worshipped.:P

You ...are SO not worthy.

Do you intend on strapping a woman to a bed for nine months and force feeding her against her will?

Wtf does that even mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Thanks for this post. I needed a good laugh. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Jmsg

AulWan wrote: »
    Thanks for this post. I needed a good laugh. :D

In the state of nature men can impregnate and walk away. It's down to social custom ie that of marriage to prevent this from happening. In absence of this it is in actual fact the women's responsibility not to get inappropriately pregnant because she has all the bargaining power.

In the state of nature men can impregnate and walk away.

You mean in a sims game you play?

Hey anyone ever play the million sims baby challenge!?? :D

In absence of this it is in actual fact the women's responsibility not to get inappropriately pregnant because she has all the bargaining power.

Stop, enough, I'm getting a stitch.

:D:D:D

I never said men automatically consent to, or commit themselves to raising a child by having sex.

I said they consent to having sex while knowing a conception could occur, and they would have no say in the decision a woman may make afterwards if it did.

If they choose to take a gamble and proceed at that point, then far as I'm concerned, they have no one but themselves to blame if they end up with a child to support.

It is what it is. :)

But don't worry your head too much about it. In truth, the only thing anyone has to do in this country to evade child maintenance is to tell the Judge they can't afford it, and if that fails, they can just ignore the court order. There will be no enforcement, and no consequences, either way.

(Note, interesting fact, the MAP has a failure rate of approx 30% and is not recommended for women over 70kgs).

ETA - for context, this was a response to a deleted post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    What if he is? Lets say his op is real. What would your reaction be?

would i like hitler if let's say he was nice?

Advertisement