Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My friend's long term girlfriend aborted their child without consulting him first.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It is her body. That is all.

A fictional body isn't anyones. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I dont believe your post as its still incredibly difficult for women to get abortions in Ireland, allot of hospitals dont offer the service and allot of hospitals wont even offer it to women unless her health is at risk. Theres still very little information available to women on access to abortion and there are still hundreds of women going to England for abortions.

Also, if she was that desperate for a baby I doubt she would go and have an abortion because she doesnt want to take maternity leave so early on. There are laws to prevent employers from breaking contracts with women because they get pregnant.

Silly post.

Jizzbeans :rolleyes: blew his load :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Awful smell of bull wafting off that post.
    I wouldn't be so sure. I know a woman (living in the UK) who got pregnant at 24. She was over the moon but her partner felt like he wasn't ready so she had an abortion. She got pregnant again in her 30's and this time her husband was ecstatic and couldn't wait to be a father. The woman went and had an abortion and told her husband afterwards because she wanted him to feel the same pain and hurt that she felt the first time. So yes, women can be cruel. The woman is now in her 40's with no children, despite always wanting them and I think she and her husband split up. I'm not sure because our friendship drifted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure. I know a woman (living in the UK) who got pregnant at 24. She was over the moon but her partner felt like he wasn't ready so she had an abortion. She got pregnant again in her 30's and this time her husband was ecstatic and couldn't wait to be a father. The woman went and had an abortion and told her husband afterwards because she wanted him to feel the same pain and hurt that she felt the first time. So yes, women can be cruel. The woman is now in her 40's with no children, despite always wanting them and I think she and her husband split up. I'm not sure because our friendship drifted.

Sounds like a toxic relationship. Good thing children weren’t brought into such a crappy situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,100 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Ireland as a country voted to legalise abortion. Whether you agree with that decision is entirely up to you but we live in a democracy. Your friend will just have to deal with it.

No we didn't
    We voted to remove the ban on abortion from our constitution.

Any government in the future can decide to in act legislation to make abortion illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

These days, you're as morally free to do anything as you like.

Man wants child, woman doesn't and she's pregnant? Who gives a crap what happens, neither are responsible to each other at all. Shouldn't be together, drop them like a hot rock and forget it all instantly. No harm to yourself, no responsibility, no foul.

Ditto for all other combinations of such a situation.

You want freedom, you got it. Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭saabsaab

He should get out of that relationship on a separate note i don't think this is what people in ireland voted for.

As for not believing the post how can anyone be sure one waty or another of any post?

saabsaab wrote: »
    He should get out of that relationship on a separate note i don't think this is what people in ireland voted for.

As for not believing the post how can anyone be sure one waty or another of any post?
    If the post is true, then what she did was unforgivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

What subjects did you pick for your leaving OP,

How is 5th year treating you?

Not great by the look of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If the post is true, then what she did was unforgivable.

It’s not though

It’s not though
    Are you saying it's not true or not forgivable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

It's amazing that some here actually think the OP is genuine.

What if he is? Lets say his op is real. What would your reaction be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Relax The Cax

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It is her body. That is all.

Flawless lady logic.

" It's my body, I think I'll have an abortion "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Not many are buying it, in fairness. The thread would have taken off if the OP was believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

JizzBeans wrote: »
    Before committing to IVF....please read post before commenting

Firstly. I doubt your friend really let you know all the details of their relationship. Friends never do.

There maybe financial issues he wasn't comfortable talking of ..or it was a very toxic relationship and he didn't want people to know.

This is the version he has given you. I doubt its the whole truth.

Maybe he wasn't the best partner. Maybe she thought this relationship is so bad i can't bring a kid into it at the last minute.

Maybe he is a terrible person.

I actually DO think the op is genuine. I doubt his friend is though.

Maybe she kicked him out and he made up this story.

If he is an angel and totally innocent and she purposely got pregnant then decided no...that is very sad ..it was very unthinking of her.

She should have thought through getting pregnant much more.

My ex once told my then PRESENT boyfriend i was pregnant with my exes kid.

I have never been pregnant.

But he was convincing. As to why the bump never showed and no baby ever came ....he left that open to the imagination.

For ages my THEN present bf was convinced something had happened.

Men can do some crazy ****.

Weirdly i am still friends with both of them...because i am nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Jmsg

If an unmarried woman is entitled to abort a baby without the fathers consent then fair enough, but then an unmarried man should never be obligated to play child support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

What if he is? Lets say his op is real. What would your reaction be?

He's not, and no couple would go through IVF just to abort . Reason why it is illegal to discriminate against a pregnant woman.
    It's a thinly veiled troll post which you have risen to.

• Advertisement

That is the most obvious bait I've seen on here in ages. What sort of sad wanker do you have to be coming online making up stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

JizzBeans wrote: »
    My friend and his partner were trying for a child for several months, he has a low sperm count but they continued trying before committing to expensive and time consuming IVF treatment.

Very odd altogether, given that most doctors will advise a couple to keep trying for at least a year, before they start looking at why they're having no success.

And then, there are other less invasive options that are usually tried before IVF.

So, jumping straight to IVF after several months? :rolleyes:

Jmsg wrote: »
    If an unmarried woman is entitled to abort a baby without the fathers consent then fair enough, but then an unmarried man should never be obligated to play child support
    Life is unfair.

Jmsg wrote: »

If you choose to have sex with a woman you do so with the full knowledge that there is always a chance that she could conceive a child you do not want to pay for, so if you're not willing to take that chance, then put it back in your pants.

It's your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I voted for Girls Aloud.

You absolute fcuking monster!

AulWan wrote: »
    If you choose to have sex with a woman you do so with the full knowledge that there is always a chance that she could conceive a child you do not want to pay for, so if you're not willing to take that chance, then put it back in your pants.

It's your choice.
    or ...condoms!

Lads sometimes its not even malicious intent ....if on the pill the nicest woman can forget ...or ingest something that counteracts it ...

Did you know IBS and digestive disorders can make the pill ineffective??

Eating lісоrісе, уаm, soy, flax seed and dаіrу can affect the pill.

The temperature of where it is stored can affect the pill

certain meds

AulWan wrote: »

It's your choice.

If you choose to have sex with a man you do so with the full knowledge that there is always a chance that you could conceive a child you do not want, so if you're not willing to take that chance, then keep them out of your pants.

It's your choice.

Did you intend on making an anti-abortion argument?

If you choose to have sex with a man you do so with the full knowledge that there is always a chance that you could conceive a child you do not want, so if you're not willing to take that chance, then keep them out of your pants.

It's your choice.

Not at all. I have no issue with any woman choosing to have an abortion.

I've heard the same tired old excuse trotted out by men who want to have sex but don't always want to support the children they had a part in conceiving long before abortion was legalised here.

So lets just call it like it really is.

Biology and modern medicine gives women a chance to re-think their actions and possibly undo them, that men don't get, and that just really pisses some men off.

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Ads by Google View Post

It's your choice.

Do you intend on strapping a woman to a bed for nine months and force feeding her against her will?

Advertisement