Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Cross border hunting

• 06-11-2019 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ morgan2009

Hi what is the law on shooting up north for people from the south of Ireland rifle is what would be used for just a few rabbits or crows etc etc it's just I've land I can shoot on with family thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Cass

You need a visitors pass which you get by applying to the PSNI, and a Europass you get from An Gardaí.

Little bit more to it, in terms of paperwork, etc. but these are the two main things. Each lasts for a year and can be gotten from the respective websites. You need, iirc, a sponsor for the visitors pass form the PSNI.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - RFDs - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads

If you see a problem post use the report post function, "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Your Shooting Forum Moderators - Cass, Cookimonster, Vegeta, Sparks, It wasn't me!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ SVI40

Cass wrote: »
    You need, iirc, a sponsor for the visitors pass form the PSNI.

Correct Cass, you need a sponsor in NI. They do not have to be a firearms owner, just resident there, and they apply on your behalf. You fill out the form, and send it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ morgan2009

SVI40 wrote: »
    Correct Cass, you need a sponsor in NI. They do not have to be a firearms owner, just resident there, and they apply on your behalf. You fill out the form, and send it to them.

Is this something I could do online

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ SVI40

Sorry but in reverse roll is this the same for a person in ni, thanks

• Advertisement

Yes, but they apply to An Gardaí

Forum Charter - Useful Information - RFDs - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads

If you see a problem post use the report post function, "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Your Shooting Forum Moderators - Cass, Cookimonster, Vegeta, Sparks, It wasn't me!

Yes, but they apply to An Gardaí

Thanks cass, by any chance is there a link for that or how would I go about applying.
    Thank you

morgan2009 wrote: »
    Thanks cass, by any chance is there a link for that or how would I go about applying.
    Here ya go.

Thank you so much

300px-Buddy_christ.jpg

• Advertisement

hi, whats the process for taken 2 rifles do I have to fill out to forms or stick 2 rifles on one from, sorry if this seams like a sill question,

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ Sandy22

For applying to P.S.N.I. - two rifles on the one form.

Sandy22 wrote: »
    For applying to P.S.N.I. - two rifles on the one form.

Hi mate no to an garda siochana

Thanks

morgan2009 wrote: »
    hi, whats the process for taken 2 rifles do I have to fill out to forms or stick 2 rifles on one from, sorry if this seams like a sill question,

Thanks in advance

Never done it from the North to the South (being that i live in the South) but as the law here requires a license for each gun, and the form only has space for the one firearm, i'm guessing it's a case of one from/application per gun.

In essence you are applying for a license in the South for a year.

Never done it from the North to the South (being that i live in the South) but as the law here requires a license for each gun, and the form only has space for the one firearm, i'm guessing it's a case of one from/application per gun.

In essence you are applying for a license in the South for a year.

Was waiting on you to reply lol
    Yes makes sense wen I read over it again its a one gun per form, thanks for your help on this matter cass

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ Sika98k

Applying for a non residents firearms certificate in the RoI must be done with the permission of someone in the Republic who has sporting rights over land that you intend to hunt over.
    Each certificate is for a individual firearm. So a rifle and shotgun to be licenced for a non resident requires two (2) certificates, one for each firearm. €40+€40=€80, valid for one year.

Sika98k wrote: »
    Applying for a non residents firearms certificate in the RoI must be done with the permission of someone in the Republic who has sporting rights over land that you intend to hunt over.
    Each certificate is for a individual firearm. So a rifle and shotgun to be licenced for a non resident requires two (2) certificates, one for each firearm. €40+€40=€80, valid for one year.

Nice one thats good and clear thanks, I have land in Roi to shoot over,

Advertisement