Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

*delete*

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

That is without doubt, one of the more engaging stories I’ve read on here in a long time.

you should expand it, write the whole thing down, then look into publishing.

so cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

With multiple credit cards and email addresses. That's the real lesson here - get yourself as many credit cards as possible to save money.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

• Advertisement

The old hamster was not running at full speed :p

There was an update to the Disney+ App on AppleTV a couple of weeks before Christmas and since then it has been very slow in loading images, switching between pages ans starting episodes and movies.

it is the only app and the only streaming service that is having the problem - Apple, Netflix and Prime are all working normally.

is anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,877 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The kid who would be king added very enjoyable kids film directed by Joe Cornish

• Registered Users Posts: 85,212 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,847 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Wonder if they'll take Cloak & Dagger back from Amazon as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭sonic85

When the rights go back to Disney will those shows go to Disney+ or are they going somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,847 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Should be Disney+, but expect it to appear under the Star brand like those two recent adult cartoons did.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

My subscription has gone from £49.99 to £59.99 and is now going up to £79.99 for the forthcoming year. I'm not sure at what point I'll have to reassess.

Probably do one more full year and move to the rotating streaming service strategy that others do as opposed to paying for all services as yearly subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Same. Will go again this year the average is €75 for the year’s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

I hadn't realised it had been two years since it had started. That is some increase alright, the billing history part of my account tells me it was €60 in March 2020, €70 in March 2021, and I'm assuming it'll be €90 for a year in a few weeks time based off of the new joining price. It's still not terrible, I probably am getting €7.50 worth of value out of it a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

just got a mail to say the subscription will go up to €89.90 when it renews at the end of March. Fairly hefty price increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,832 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd be happy if that was the annual price for Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

My young lad is star wars hooked now so I’ll be renewing but that’s a saucy enough jump, it seems worse to be fair for people who paid the introductory price right at the start. If it wasn’t for the kids I’d probably drop it now, Star is poor enough fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭losetheforce

I just got the email too, €89.99 for the renewal, there €60 to €70 to €90!

its getting to the point now of wondering do I still need it. I’ve prime video with Amazon prime, have a special offer for 3 months of nowtv @ €5 per month. I also have Netflix but paying very little for that.

I regularly negotiate the price with Virgin media for broadband and used to always negotiate with sky tv before cancelling and alway got better prices. Has anyone ever tried this with Disney+ ? I wonder if they would have any loyalty offers? I am not watching anything on it at the minute so good give it up easily enough. Haven’t tried Pam & Tommy yet….

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

Step price rise but content on it since Star inclusion makes it worth it for me.

It's a bargain compared to Netflix as it 4K, HDR and Dolby Atmos compatible for one price.

Netflix is double the price for 4K access which is a scandal when Disney & Prime don't charge for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Plus it’s at least 4 profiles which is great value if you can share with a few others

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Got the email as well. That's pretty disappointing as I was happy to renew at €70 but a jump of 20 quid feels steep.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 60,320 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Considering they are doing the Disney Bundle in the States which includes Disney+, Hulu & ESPN+ for $79.99 (€70) the price jump to €90 here is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Got the same email, so I went ahead and cancelled it. €59 to €89 in 2 years is a massive increase (50%), I'll just grab a month when something decent comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,169 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It’s going to be a discussion in our house. In fairness some of the film offerings over the last couple of years have been great with Soul and Encanto being out at the same time as/in place of a cinema outing.

I’m not sure that’s likely to continue though with no cinema restrictions. We’ve definitely got value from the €130 spent so far on two years but 90 for one is a different proposition

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That's a crazy jump, wonder what's the thinking. I notice there has been an uptick in online adverts for the service - so they're obviously trying to offset the loss of subs and general bad press of the price jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Be very interested to see the stats on cancellations over the next while.

it’s a good jump but they are good at getting content on, especially with Star Wars and Marvel spitting out stuff, along with dropping a few good movies, that makes me think plenty will renew.

the market for streaming is probably a bit cramped so I’d say company’s are having to do a lot of balancing.

“Plus it’s at least 4 profiles which is great value if you can share with a few others”

What do you mean by that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,832 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's been this price for nearly a year, because I remember signing up just before the increase. So anyone joining since then has been paying the higher price.

If it was profile based instead of device based it would be easier to join a family. Same with netflix.

Advertisement