Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Kerr on again!

Options
  • 05-11-2019 7:23pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭

He's only been on Virgin Media's coverage for every match for the last few years, not sure why I'm acting so surprised at this, still great to get wit and insight from the great man!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

He's only been on Virgin Media's coverage for every match for the last few years, not sure why I'm acting so surprised at this, still great to get wit and insight from the great man!

He makes me change channel. I've nothing against the guy, I respect him, just can't bear 90 mins of listening to him taking sh1te in a Dublin accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

He's bleedin' rapid, 'n all 'n anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Azatadine

For a minute I thought you were that lad who starts threads giving out about him every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

:cool:
    He makes me change channel. I've nothing against the guy, I respect him, just can't bear 90 mins of listening to him taking sh1te in a Dublin accent

Has every sign of a dude beginning to smell himself.....turning into a right ould ham.!

Could we have less of this uber Dub......please.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Nothing wrong with Kerr. He's got loads of experience behind him. I'd listen to him all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Heard him on last night ..in the Denmark match ....noooo....tries to take over the commentary ....fractured English ....stamped on the orf buttton.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

At least you're more sensible than that other lad who always complains about him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

He's on right now, this is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jaysus…. Someone shut Kerr up… please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

What did Kerr ever do to this Bendar guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭esker72

I'm constantly baffled by people who give out about Kerr's accent. He's always spoken like that and never tries to hide where he's from. Much rather that than lads getting on commentary with a fake accent. There's a reason why he's on most games and that's because he knows the game inside out. A dublin accent isn't really a plus point in media circles

Ah feck it, I always seem to be away when the great man is on commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

If he denies the insufferable Sadlier a starting spot, I'm all for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Sadlier is on RTE while the great man is on Virgin and Newstalk

The great man is on commentary again tonight.

Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Tbf, Kerr knows his football.

Absolute legend of Irish football and now of punditry and commentary.

Genuinely loves the sport, has always done his research about the game he is about to be commentating on, has a wonderful turn of phrase, and isn't contrarian for the sake of it.

Virgin and Newstalk know what they are doing, and featuring lots of Kerr shows that.

Hopefully Kerr’s move to O’ Sheas team will keep him off Virgin Media.

We can watch a game in peace without the constant whine.

Hopefully, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Allinall

He’ll still be on Virgin, and rightly so.

You should listen to what he says, and not how he says it.

You might learn a little bit about football.

I’m sure he’s a nice lad, but I really couldn’t go through that.

Soz, shaft.

• Advertisement

The great man can do both surely.

AAAHHH Heeeyur

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Gary_dunne

Great to see the man back in Irish football, always enjoyed him in interviews with Second Captains.

Let’s hope O’Shea gives him the boot after the two games.

I know it’s just two games. But the lad is yesterdays man.

Whats the old saying. “Every dog has his day”

Pack it in dude….. game is up.

The great man should be back in the main job again, but then we wouldn't hear his sharp insights and wit on commentary, I'd be against it because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Here's a thought! If you don't like someone on TV just ignore them. No need to come onto a public forum over the course of 5 years whinging about him..

Brian Kerr should start a podcast.

Disappointing there's no great man tonight, even worse this match is a waste of time, should have shown Madrid Leipzig instead.

Excellent coverage tonight, sound commentary, win win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭beeker1

100% ! He was shortchanged & deserved another campaign !

Advertisement