Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connaughton v Leinster build up thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Didn't think Lowe had the wheels to finish that but he proved me wrong.

Very impressive speed. Didn't think he had it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Leinster just keep doing tries and at this point it's just impolite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

Hopefully Connacht can stay up...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Connacht playing Rugby X here...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Didn't think Lowe had the wheels to finish that but he proved me wrong.

“Afterburners”
    As Gaeilge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

High tackle on Fardy there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

42 points and a try or two more left out there with those crossing calls on the two disallowed. Good going that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Did one of the commentators just say "plastic Paddy"??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Hard luck Connaughton

Leinster big players should be worried, they are now fighting for their places.

• Advertisement

Liked the little laugh by Kelleher at the end of his interview

Particularly liked “the lads” instead of “the boys”

Make him Ireland captain now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Brilliant performance, Connacht lacked the same intensity for much of the game, great Leinster performance by the backrow, Tomane had a great game, Kelleher played with a commanding performance and James Lowe, what can you say. Thank god for provincial rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

Liked the little laugh by Kelleher at the end of his interview

Particularly liked “the lads” instead of “the boys”

Make him Ireland captain now
    Thought the same thing lol

Stan27 wrote: »
    Thought the same thing lol

He seems to have a nice way about him

Proper excited by him after that performance
    And interview!

God, Leinster fans are the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Sorry Venjur but Tomane Tome will always be a winger playing in the centre
    Suspect Defense and average passing skills

Huh? His range of passing this season has been really good. Hes got a great balance to his game. Hard carrying, short passing game and ability to get width with longer passing game. Hes even showing a bit of a kicking game too. Defensively hes started making some really dominant tackles this season and I noticed today his decision making about committing and drifting has definitely come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

God, Leinster fans are the worst

God. Scorn not his simplicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Fainga'a didn't go great so?

molloyjh wrote: »
    Huh? His range of passing this season has been really good. Hes got a great balance to his game. Hard carrying, short passing game and ability to get width with longer passing game. Hes even showing a bit of a kicking game too. Defensively hes started making some really dominant tackles this season and I noticed today his decision making about committing and drifting has definitely come on.

Hard carrying most definitely.
    And he’s well capable at the short pass pop off and offload.
    This is the first Leinster game I saw in full this season. But I’ll eat my hat if he has developed his long passing significantly from last season. Or his ability to pass across the line when put under pressure. Particularly off his left hand.
    Saw him make a hames of a tackle - think on Carty - when drifting across to the lhs of the pitch.
    Stick him on the wing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

This is the first Leinster game I saw in full this season. But I’ll eat my hat if he has developed his long passing significantly from last season. Or his ability to pass across the line when put under pressure. Particularly off his left hand.
    Saw him make a hames of a tackle - think on Carty - when drifting across to the lhs of the pitch.
    Stick him on the wing

With the dramatics of Carty he probably pulled out of it, just in case Carty thought he was hit with a sniper rifle again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I took a stab at a combined XV.

Still feels a little Connacht heavy but a solid looking team all the same:

15. Hugo Keenan (9)
    14. Adam Byrne (54)
    13. Robbie Henshaw (37)
    12. Joe Tomane (17)
    11. James Lowe (33)
    10. Ross Byrne (75)
    9. Luke McGrath (113)
    1. Cian Healy (208)
    2. Rónan Kelleher (6)
    3. Andrew Porter (53)
    4. Devin Toner (235)
    5. Scott Fardy (47) CAPTAIN
    6. Josh Murphy (25)
    7. Will Connors (8)
    8. Max Deegan (51)

You got number 13 wrong but seems you were reasonably close

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    With the dramatics of Carty he probably pulled out of it, just in case Carty thought he was hit with a sniper rifle again

Was that the incident with Connors?

He wasn't milking the high tackle, he was milking the late hit. Little bit of a dive but nothing too over the top.

Stick him on the wing

So let me get this right. You've barely seen him play this season and he made a mistake with 1 tackle therefore hes not good enough to be a centre? Does that about sum it up?

The guy has been excellent for us this season so far. And I say that as someone who has seen every minute of our games. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so either.

So let me get this right. You've barely seen him play this season and he made a mistake with 1 tackle therefore hes not good enough to be a centre? Does that about sum it up?

The guy has been excellent for us this season so far. And I say that as someone who has seen every minute of our games. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so either.

He has been excellent.....last year he had moved to a new country, new team, completely different style....I kept saying give the lad a chance to settle, one game and people where “oh he’s s**t”

Really showing this season why a great investment and decent replacement for Isa, if you could ever replace that legend

If Henshaw is out I would expect him and Ringrose to start next week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

He has been excellent.....last year he had moved to a new country, new team, completely different style....I kept saying give the lad a chance to settle, one game and people where “oh he’s s**t”

Really showing this season why a great investment and decent replacement for Isa, if you could ever replace that legend

He also got a very nasty hamstring injury that kept him out 4 or 5 months. And he had a load of dickheads on the internet giving him constant abuse that crossed a fair few lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Tomane could be used as the definition for Confirmation bias in the dictionary at this stage.

Was that the incident with Connors?

He wasn't milking the high tackle, he was milking the late hit. Little bit of a dive but nothing too over the top.

Rugby people love sharing the video of soccer players diving and a sniper crosshair on them

That’s exactly what it reminded me of....

Yeah a few of us were saying the same thing. He needed to shift the excess weight and get used to playing the game at a different pace in a different way. You've got to give guys time to settle in before judging them. People learned nothing fro Isas start with Leinster where loads were sating he was a waste of a spot.

Yeah a few of us were saying the same thing. He needed to shift the excess weight and get used to playing the game at a different pace in a different way. You've got to give guys time to settle in before judging them. People learned nothing fro Isas start with Leinster where loads were sating he was a waste of a spot.

The game in France is a slug fest, forwards bashing forwards, it must have been a massive change when he was suddenly seeing the forwards passing and running

I hope he signs on for another few years, he could teach the younger players a thing or two

• Advertisement

no. you have got it wrong as per usual
    & your condescension precludes further discussion as per usual
    pity

Advertisement