Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear to the ground

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,220 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Watching on plus 1 . The 2 vintage lads live not far from me. Some amount of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 21,173 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Looking forward too to the Sneem black pudding next week. This is a baked pudding rather than boiled TMK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Good piece on farmland birds - shows how simple low cost measures can recover their populations. Its a pity so much time and money has been wasted via REPS etc. by DAFM when simple commonsense measures in relation to hedges and headlands could make such a difference:(

Think that's the type of thing the Bride Valley Project would be promoting.
    So their is no need to reinvent the wheel here. No need for another pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,516 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Water John wrote: »
    Think that's the type of thing the Bride Valley Project would be promoting.
    So their is no need to reinvent the wheel here. No need for another pilot.

Pilots allow us to do something meaningful on a small enough scale that it costs very little but allows an awful lot of bluster and talking it up to happen. It’s a political tool as much as anything.

• Advertisement

Was a poignant start to the program tonight, well haldled, PJ spoke well, quite a story he has.
    Family separation is a story that seems to dog many societies across the world at different times. Times have changed thank god.

Really interesting piece on the embryo transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

_Brian wrote: »
    Was a poignant start to the program tonight, well haldled, PJ spoke well, quite a story he has.
    Family separation is a story that seems to dog many societies across the world at different times. Times have changed thank god.

Really interesting piece on the embryo transfer.

The vet & his Dad were very good alright

The vet & his Dad were very good alright

Enthusiasm and energy was noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

One thing I cant understand about ettg is . They should have 2 items 15 mins on each done properly 6 mins of bits and pieces is just no good

lab man wrote: »
    One thing I cant understand about ettg is . They should have 2 items 15 mins on each done properly 6 mins of bits and pieces is just no good

Pity it’s not an hour.
    There’s enough agri related business in ireland to support it.

• Advertisement

The programme is in 3 sections with one presenter doing each. A hour long might indeed work well, tease out themes more. Amazing the number of farming programmes on diff channels.

If they stop just thinking about the urban viewers there are many more topics that actual farmers would be interested in.

If they stop just thinking about the urban viewers there are many more topics that actual farmers would be interested in.

I remember watching Telefis Feirme with Justin Keating when I was small. Great presenter, know a few lads had him later as a lecturer and he was brilliant at transferring knowledge. Sadly, there wouldn't be a critical mass in any single country, probably nowadays.

Which program had the clip of the lad in the white lab coat turning the chalk board in a mart in the intro ??

Which program had the clip of the lad in the white lab coat turning the chalk board in a mart in the intro ??

Was it mart and market ??

Yes indeed, Michael Dillon speaking straight to the camera. The fish prices and quantities at the different ports was also given on radio about 6.20pm every evening. Not sure if that had a different presenter.

Dillon indeed.
    I remember it in and I remember not understanding a damn thing he was talking about.
    Asking that that was and being told to “whisht and let the man talk”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

You need a good presenter who's had life experience and not pardon the pun "a dry sh**e".

Dai Jones 'llanilar' on S4C in Wales always had a way with him and could drag out a half hour, hour, whatever from any country subject.

https://youtu.be/8I0QMsggIkM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

You need a good presenter who's had life experience and not pardon the pun "a dry sh**e".

Dai Jones 'llanilar' on S4C in Wales always had a way with him and could drag out a half hour, hour, whatever from any country subject.

https://youtu.be/8I0QMsggIkM

There's a few clips of his work on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/2EQoXSeg6Ec

Advertisement