Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainfall / Wind warnings : Fri 1st - Sat 2nd Nov 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Looking at the radar I think they got the warnings wrong certainly coming down in the North

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Nothing of note on the SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Looking at the radar I think they got the warnings wrong certainly coming down in the North

At least you have radar :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ya. Why would we need a radar for half the country in the most weather obsessed country in the world. Even my rain gauge is working better than the Shannon radar. And it only cost 60 quid.

At least Met Eireann got all the weather wrong so we need not worry about loss of radar signal.

16mm in Sligo now but less intense rain now so we may not reach 30mm. Gardens flooded though since most of that 16mm has fallen in 4 hours

17.69 mm of rain recorded at my station in Galway up to midnight and we were taken off the Yellow warning, going by no postings from the South I guess that Amber wind warning did not happen, no sparks showing up anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild awakening out here; deluges borne on strong gusts. Been a long while since I could take an early walk. west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The highest gust in the UK so far has been 133 km/h (71 knots) at Plymouth (50 m amsl) between 0700-0800 am.

https://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynres?lang=en&state=United+K&osum=no&fmt=html&ord=REV&ano=2019&mes=11&day=02&hora=08&ndays=1&Send=send

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Bizarre looking rotation on that front!

Never seen any move with such a straight edge in that direction on radar before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭pauldry

22mm of rain in Sligo since start of rain yesterday

Rain losing intensity now so just November drizzle for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's wet alright - tipping down with gusto but the wind has failed to materialise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Not raining atm in cork city but some strong gusts of wind. Leaves blowing everywhere! Could be some slippy roads if driving.

27.64 mm rain in Galway since yesterday at my station

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭highdef

Anyone living in Birr? Of all the decent sized towns that have been stuck under the heaviest of the quasi stationary band of heavy rain, Birr looks to be within the heaviest sustained rain the longest, going by met Eireann radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

27.64 mm rain in Galway since yesterday at my station

It’s non stop the fcuker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Rain forecast downgraded and delayed for dublin. Was moderate rain from 1400 onwards downgraded to light rain from 1600. Lovely morning here so far.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

10 min avg winds 34 km/h WNW here near Tralee, Highest gust 68 km/h 09.00

17mm rainfall for event so far

Bar 979.1hPa Rising Slowly

Low of 973.2hPa between 01.00 and 02.00

Big blustery showers moving through this morning, with light rain in between.

anim_hor0.gif

anim_sbm5.gif

Went back to sleep and the yellow warning sneaked up country .. Dark and deluging. west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

highdef wrote: »
    Anyone living in Birr? Of all the decent sized towns that have been stuck under the heaviest of the quasi stationary band of heavy rain, Birr looks to be within the heaviest sustained rain the longest, going by met Eireann radar.

16.5mm at Gurteen today so far according to UKMO WOW which is close enough to Birr with 12.5mm yesterday.

So ME warnings for heavy rain for SouthernCounties until midnight tonight did not happen now Galway is back in the mix, did the wind storm happen ???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

So ME warnings for heavy rain for SouthernCounties until midnight tonight did not happen now Galway is back in the mix, did the wind storm happen ???

Seems the wind storm headed to SW England.
    Should have been an Amber warning for them by the sounds of things. Only a Yellow was issued.

• Advertisement

Very heavy rain still; a small lake by the gate which I have never seen this bad before and the cat will to swim if he wants in the house...and no respite

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Over 25mm of rain in Castlebar since midnight, nearly 40mm in the last 36 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

That 133 kph/71 kts gust at Plymouth this morning was the highest synop reported. There was also 131 kph at Culdrose at the same time.

Here's the analysis

2019110208_uk.gif?1572684218

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The UK seem much slower to name storms than Met Eireann. As it's making top headlines on sky you would think they should have named it.
    In all fairness it was well predicted by the models that southwest UK would get hit hard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Around 10mm here in South Laois since 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Very strange MetO didnt name it considering part of country it was impacting also.

They seem very hesitant to name- probably money at play with lots of bonfire events on etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Seriously heavy rain in Louth right now, UKMO radar showing some white and lots of pink in it... It's sorta got the look of a one-sided convergence zone to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Decent rainfall rate in north Dub at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭circadian

Absolutely chucking it down in Dublin 9, akin to the Pacific northwest.

• Advertisement

32 mms of rain recorded since yesterday at my home station in Galway

Advertisement