Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex as Fun (?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,395 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

What a bizarre thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Is this the correct place to humble brag about the great sex I’m having?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,707 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What a bizarre thread.

Shut up and kiss me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Shut up and kiss me

Straight in, no kissin'.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,395 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Shut up and kiss me

We have to decide it will be fun first ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Anus Von Skidmark

Straight in, no kissin'.

Brace yourself, Bridie - I'm goin' in dry...

We have to decide it will be fun first ...

Fun is what you make it, I declare tongue war on you .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Raconteuse wrote: »
    That's not what the OP or I or Bitofabind are saying though. We are saying that the word "fun" doesn't do good sex justice. That it's way more of an intense experience than that.

This. "Fun" just doesn't seem the right word. It's what I associate with having a laugh at an event people consider a laugh, like, for example, an 80s night (as first suggested by Porklife) or karaoke as suggested by Bitofabind. Whatever you're having.

Indeed. They're even resorting to insults (some of same would be leaping at the opportunity to tell others how unpleasant they are - "do as I say, not as I do!") based on nothing. They're the ones getting wound up over the discussion of the word! And the thread wasn't even started by me. Jeez like, calm down with the lazy pot shots. I know what extremely good sex is like, and it's a lot better than "fun" imo.

I actually do understand what you mean now. I was lost earlier. Hmmm still think I'd describe it as fun though in conjunction with passionate, intimate etc. This thread makes sex pretty unsexy though I gotta say. Never gave much thought to how I'd describe it and how accurate my description is

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I think this thread really shows the differences men and women have in thier approach to sex -

women take sex much more seriously than men and think describing the act as "fun" does it a great disservice, whereas men are much more likely to take a blase and casual attitute to sex. Its more of a sport/ intense recreational activity for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I think this thread really shows the differences men and women have in thier approach to sex -

women take sex much more seriously than men and think describing the act as "fun" does it a great disservice, whereas men are much more likely to take a blase and casual attitute to sex. Its more of a sport/ intense recreational activity for them...

No, I’m a woman in the ‘sex is fun’ camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

With the caveat of “as long as it’s with the right person and there are feelings involved”?

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

With the caveat of “as long as it’s with the right person and there are feelings involved”?
    You don't have to until you feel like you're ready, Emmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Anus Von Skidmark

How you doin'? ;-)

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    You don't have to until you feel like you're ready, Emmet.

Haha, very funny, old man.

Don’t you worry about me. I, certainly, “put it about” before settling down with my partner.

And, I should add, it was, always, a lot of “fun”.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Haha, very funny, old man.

Don’t you worry about me. I, certainly, “put it about” before settling down with my partner.

And, I should add, it was, always, a lot of “fun”.
    That's "all" "it" "was" a lot of, "I presume."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Homelander

Why would we have to assign it a single word to begin with. When someone says 'sex is fun', no more than anything else being fun, they don't literally mean it's solely fun and absolutely no other emotion or sensation can be attributed to it.

Sex is fun. Sex is also more than just fun. Sometimes how you feel about sex and how it physically feels varies dependent on a load of factors, like most things in life. Both statements are right and neither are incorrect. Total non-thread. How did it get to 9 pages.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    That's "all" "it" "was" a lot of, "I presume."

What are you implying?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

JupiterKid wrote: »

Women can have sex for a hundred and one reasons so they obviously take it very seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

seenitall wrote: »
    Sex is a way of communication, an expression of trust, a wonderful means to an intensity of oblivion.

This would be perfect as an annoying spoken bit on one of those preachy Madonna songs about sex. Like a lecture on riding from a boring hippy parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Moomoomacshoe

Love sex..definitely can be so much fun with the right person. As a woman it's difficult actually to find a man to just "have fun" with, believe it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

Sex is fun ? I've always heard this a lot, even used the expression myself, as interchangable with sex, but I don't think it has ever quite gelled with me ?

I find if you tickle them and make them laugh, you can get some extra inches in, and everyone likes a few extra inches.

Love sex..definitely can be so much fun with the right person. As a woman it's difficult actually to find a man to just "have fun" with, believe it or not.

No I do not believe that. For a guy I'd believe that, not a girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Plenty of women consider "fun" a suitable adjective. As this thread indicates, it's a matter of personal opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

No I do not believe that. For a guy I'd believe that, not a girl.

BS.

I'm married but before that, blokes are just as clingy as girls if not more so!

Most of those blokes who are whinging about women not wanting to have fun are whingers themselves!

Obviously people get into unrequited love scenarios but don't mistake what you hear from people and the real story. Alot of blokes I know would be harping on about some 'bunny boiler' but calling her up when it suited them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

...(No PMs please. Don't even.)

As weird as this thread is, that last sentence has me thinking WTF ....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sottol

Totally agree with this.... I find sex fun, lots of fun, but as you say it is difficult to find a guy just to have fun with

Sottol wrote: »
    Totally agree with this.... I find sex fun, lots of fun, but as you say it is difficult to find a guy just to have fun with

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,890 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Bigdig69 wrote: »
    As a straight man who has a quite a record, some of which included VERY foolish choices, I agree 100% with the OPs sentiments.

From reading your post I imagine you were very tempted to substitute the last g for ck in your user name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Think of all the drama that could be avoided if sex was perceived by everyone as just a bit of craic. Life would be so much simpler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Men who say they are 'fun' are usually ****ing nightmares.

Just keep a few friends you know well around op.

Advertisement