Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

Markcheese wrote: »
    Yup , politicians live and die by public opinion , we've had bigger crooks who smiled their way through their shenanigans and we as a people lapped it up ..
    But Maria by her choice of words and tone after the event has made herself unelectable ...as such her political career is over ... if she'd still been electable any party would have agonized over booting her ,for fear of creating another healy ray or lowry type ...

Please, please, do not even tempt fate, look at the Greens, I consider myself environmentally conscious, but after their previous form, who the hell still voted them back in?
    Now this wan, she might be seeking to increase her profile, hopefully she has hamstrung herself so much she wont get elected, but that seems like its not the only means to have a political career.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

The sad thing about her obnoxious behaviour and dishonesty is that she will never shake it off and wherever she goes this episode will follow her and people will point the finger and laugh at her. No amount of regret will change the public perception of her ridiculous claim and daddy is not around to protect her.

Nothing more than she deserves.

I’m just surprised how madigan has slipped off the radar on this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭TheDavester

1874 wrote: »
    Please, please, do not even tempt fate, look at the Greens, I consider myself environmentally conscious, but after their previous form, who the hell still voted them back in?
    Now this wan, she might be seeking to increase her profile, hopefully she has hamstrung herself so much she wont get elected, but that seems like its not the only means to have a political career.

greta thunberg in the media i feel gave them a boost with the scaremongering of the young wans

Bailey like Chu and a few others, who are unelectable, who keep putting their foot in it, all will try to get a seanad seat as she/others wont be elected ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

No one deserves abuse to be posted to their house as their father is dying.

Are there pictures of this, was it reported to the Gardai or maybe it is lies trying to engineer sympathy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Shemale wrote: »
    Are there pictures of this, was it reported to the Gardai or maybe it is lies trying to engineer sympathy

That’s for a judge to decide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

greta thunberg in the media i feel gave them a boost with the scaremongering of the young wans

Bailey like Chu and a few others, who are unelectable, who keep putting their foot in it, all will try to get a seanad seat as she/others wont be elected ever
    What a load of nonsense.
    For a start why lump Bailey in with those two?

Chu is very electable I would think...as in she was elected as recently as 2019 to Dublin city council....with the highest 1st preference vote for a 1st time candidate in Irish history for a council election....her profile since being made Lord Mayor of Dublin is through the roof since then...but yeah... unelectable? lol

I see Lisa Chambers has waded in to support Maria Bailey.

A stupid move in my opinion.

To be fair she thinks Bailey is right there should have been someone there to show her how to use a swing.

In the same way the Dail should have someone to show her how to use a voting button.

gmisk wrote: »
    What a load of nonsense.

Chu is very electable I would think...as in she was elected as recently as 2019 to Dublin city council....with the highest 1st preference vote for a 1st time candidate in Irish history for a council election....her profile since being made Lord Mayor of Dublin is through the roof since then...but yeah... unelectable? lol

a lot of public perception of Chu has changed as she keeps race/gender baiting with the carlow uniform gate and the Shooting in Dublin last month and her constant tweet and delete and could anyone point to what she has done in her political career, other than a simpsons meme and tweeting and later deleting stuff when people call out her gender/race baiting on twitter

With Greta,with the poster was enquiring why green got a boost in this election, she was flavor of the month at the time of the election , had students out protesting every Friday about the environment and probably swayed some parents/young wans

a lot of public perception of Chu has changed as she keeps race/gender baiting with the carlow uniform gate and the Shooting in Dublin last month and her constant tweet and delete

With Greta,with the poster was enquiring why green got a boost in this election, she was flavor of the month at the time of the election , had students out protesting every Friday about the environment and probably swayed some parents/young wans
    Your jumping to a lot of conclusions. Just because something pisses off some people online it doesn't necessarily mean their general popularity is affected imo.
    As I said all the recent indications are that Chu is imminently electable.

I don't think people voted for the green party in Ireland due to Greta Thunberg...

She lost her job over it. She was made an example of.

No she didn't, no she wasn't.

She still had her job until the elections came around, FG just decided she didn't have a prayer of getting in because of well everything she did herself and how she was polling within her own party.

• Advertisement

Your jumping to a lot of conclusions. Just because something pisses off some people online it doesn't necessarily mean their general popularity is affected imo.
    As I said all the recent indications are that Chu is imminently electable.

I don't think people voted for the green party in Ireland due to Greta Thunberg...

think the students protesting every friday around that time gave the greens bit of a bump

Yes, thats what I was thinking, with the neck on her she probably is thinking the same thing, I think we can be assured it wasn't an injury there for sure

What a load of nonsense.

Chu, comes across as fairly appalling bad in a role that should be about inclusivity, but comes more across as inclusivity for some, kinda two leg bad, four legs good, except under certain circumstances, seems like she got in and now here's her real agenda. So when it suits whatever narrative she has nailed her flag to, not a good individual to represent all, comes across as partial, biased, into baiting imo wasnt it her rant about a school in? where was it? carlow, turned out to be nonsense.
    Politicians should not communicate through twitter imo, it made Trump look like an idiot and Im sure he was called on it.
    Its like this, she didnt get elected in by the public.

Caroline Flack was arrested for assault which was part of the knock on effect that led to her tragic circumstances. She lost her job temporarily and was saying that she couldn't handle the constant public scrutiny. I can see why she'd make that comparison.

I think you have losty-ed it.

Bailey saw her dad get abuse and get rich and she decided she would have some of that. As a TD she lodged a second injury claim while drunk, holding two drinks, blaming a hotel, saying she needs supervision to sit down pissed on a swing, then has the neck to do an interview to play the victim while coming across as a narcissistic moron, burying her own career and then she got some stick about it.

Who would have thought some abuse would be the outcome of her actions.

think the students protesting every friday around that time gave the greens bit of a bump
    I don't think so.
    It didn't for example show that in turn out which was down in both 18-24 and 25-34
    https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1114255/

Chu, comes across as fairly appalling bad in a role that should be about inclusivity, but comes more across as inclusivity for some, kinda two leg bad, four legs good, except under certain circumstances, seems like she got in and now here's her real agenda. So when it suits whatever narrative she has nailed her flag to, not a good individual to represent all, comes across as partial, biased, into baiting imo wasnt it her rant about a school in? where was it? carlow, turned out to be nonsense.
    Politicians should not communicate through twitter imo, it made Trump look like an idiot and Im sure he was called on it.
    Its like this, she didnt get elected in by the public.
    That is all your opinion though...

The question around Chu was if she was electable or not...the result in 2019 showed she is....and her profile is sky high no matter what you say since taking over as lord mayor.

I don't think so.
    It didn't for example show that in turn out which was down in both 18-24 and 25-34
    https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1114255/

Statistics are pliable, was this for the entire Country or for the area Hazel Chu was elected in?

Statistics are pliable, was this for the entire Country or for the area Hazel Chu was elected in?
    The area Hazel Chu was campaigning in?
    No..surprisingly enough a poll in rte isn't focussed on the Pembroke LEA council elections, voting demographics...
    It in my opinion shows that the student pro environment protests did not have a real influence...as turn out was still poor amongst those younger age categories.

Look at the results Chu got in the 2019 council elections....those are not "pliable" as you put it

That is all your opinion though...

The question around Chu was if she was electable or not...the result in 2019 showed she is....and her profile is sky high no matter what you say since taking over as lord mayor.

I agree it is my opinion, I said it,

She was elected as a Councillor, personally Id never have heard of her even when she was elected as Mayor, I guess I was too busy at the time to notice elections when they are just giving each other turns at a position, she wasn't elected to that role, she was picked, it doesnt surprise me, but what I dislike about her is what Ive read about her, what she does.
    If she had remained a councillor I dont really think we would have heard much of her, she was picked to help raise her profile,

He profile being sky high does not mean it is for a good reason or that she is good at anything in particular, or for any role, Trump had a high profile, if anything, how she has behaved, comments on twitter, makes her not suitable for certain roles, and concerningly more similar to Trump, she seems to believe in a view of polarised politics were viewpoints are extremes or that race is a bigger issue than it really is, rather than dealing with problems that help all people, she seems to have focused on herself.

What exactly has she done as Lord Mayor, except raise her own profile?

Anyway, this sidelines from MB, who the thread is about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Lads, Chu was subject to abuse over her ethnicity.
    Greta was subject to abuse because she spoke up on the environment.

.....Bailey tried to commit insurance fraud for falling off a swing while representing a party, (FG) who put rising insurance claims on the public for making frivolous claims..

I agree it is my opinion, I said it,

She was elected as a Councillor, personally Id never have heard of her even when she was elected as Mayor, I guess I was too busy at the time to notice elections when they are just giving each other turns at a position, she wasn't elected to that role, she was picked, it doesnt surprise me, but what I dislike about her is what Ive read about her, what she does.
    If she had remained a councillor I dont really think we would have heard much of her, she was picked to help raise her profile,

He profile being sky high does not mean it is for a good reason or that she is good at anything in particular, or for any role, Trump had a high profile, if anything, how she has behaved, comments on twitter, makes her not suitable for certain roles, and concerningly more similar to Trump, she seems to believe in a view of polarised politics were viewpoints are extremes or that race is a bigger issue than it really is, rather than dealing with problems that help all people, she seems to have focused on herself.

What exactly has she done as Lord Mayor, except raise her own profile?

Anyway, this sidelines from MB, who the thread is about
    She was elected a councillor though in 2019....by a massive margin and with a massive amount of first preference votes, so she is clearly electable despite what that other poster thinks.
    She also ran the campaign for her partner in 2014 which was very successfull.
    She is no political doozer.

I am well aware Dublin mayor isnt elected.
    Dublin mayor is fairly limited power wise, I would have to do some looking but a lot of it would be ceremonies etc I am guessing.

Look this is off topic.
    No idea why it was brought into this thread....related to Maria Bailey....so I will leave it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

She is on doing a “heart to heart” interview with Brendan o connor at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Here we go again. More of this on RTE radio with Brendan O'Conner right now.

It's relentless by her. She has the distraught tone nailed I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

She is finding it very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Will be interesting to see if BOC gives her an easy time or not.

She is finding it very difficult.

Dear God, does she ever just stop talking about herself

She’s out playing the violins this morning

Wants sympathy

Using the fathers illness as some sort of excuse ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

She is on doing a “heart to heart” interview with Brendan o connor at the moment

Brendan, Brendan, Brendan, Brendan, Brendan, Brendan, Brendan, Brendan.

She’s laying it on with a trowel here

Utterly unconvincing

Disingenuous to her core

Its horrible, horrible
    She sounds like she is barely holding back the crocodile tears,
    I hope people can see through this, I feel like vomiting,

What difference does it matter that she was not a National politician?
    that she wasn't on the pigs back so she needed the moolah? what?

She is hiding the arrogance she displayed with the other guy O'Rourke, but badly

No Maria, you wont be voted back in, we dont want you in the Seanad, bugger off

ahhh here, bolloxology, suicide, laying it on thick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Two major interview in the space of a week.....

She definitely misses the limelight, she's testing the water to see if there's a potential return to politics.

She's some chancer, listening to her now she's as genuine as a 3 euro note.

Advertisement