Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 9 Thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Super fast no huddle drive from the Patriots, White gets the score and it's 24-20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Pats just marching up the field at will now. If the D holds up should get the W.

Role reversal of how the season's gone so far.

Impressive drive from the Ravens and its 30-20 as Tucker missed the.extra point. Always been a big fan of Mark Ingram and he's been superb tonight as has Lamar Jackson.

Brady throws a pick to Earl Thomas, not looking good now.

Well that's the the unbeaten record gone. Three scores down with under three minutes to play. Ravens offense has been very impressive tonight.
    They are a serious contender for AFC honours and a trip to the Suoerbowl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

20-37 Ravens less than minute left.

MVP! MVP! MVP!

1175592836.jpg.0.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MVP! MVP! MVP!
    Running QB's are gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

74 - 47 coming in

49ers @ Cardinals
    Texans @ Jaguars
    Bears @ Eagles
    Vikings @ Chiefs
    Colts @ Steelers
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Redskins @ Bills
    Titans @ Panthers
    Lions@ Raiders
    Buccs @ Seahawks
    Packers @ Chargers
    Browns @ Broncos
    Patriots @ Ravens
    Cowboys @ Giants

Just landed back in Dublin to see that I for some reason managed to pick the Browns. What was I thinking. Eugh. At least I picked the ravens I guess.

Cathay Pacific showed, Vikings-Chiefs, Lions-Raiders and Pats-Ravens one after another.

Managed to catch the first quarter at Arrowhead and then the interview with Lamar at the end of the Ravens game.

Goddam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

MVP! MVP! MVP!

1175592836.jpg.0.jpg

He really looks like he is playing Madden.

Interesting how many field goals the Pats took from right on the Ravens line. Trust issue as they seemed to be moving the ball ok after the first quarter or so.

You could see the Pats defense get pissed. They were not used to being made look silly. It will be interesting to see if the leagues big guns can do likewise. The Pats D are still unproven for me. The potential to be great is there but this was their first big test and they did not get the job done. Still just one game and that, they could easily out it together for the post season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The eagles receiving corp is really poor outside of Desean Jackson as proved by the game against the bears. There were several passes dropped which should have been by Jeffery and weren't. We were lucky the bears were so bad that in the first half they couldnt have hit water if they fell out a boat in the middle of a lake. The zach ertz TD could easily have been called OPI and id love to know the official who threw the flag saw to throw it. Ertz got his hand in the face of the defender to the point where the co commentator said on a replay "you can't see me because my hand is covering your face" The Eagles are on a bye next week and then we have the patriots and hopefully Djax gets fully fit because without him the eagles are one dimensional.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Christy42 wrote: »
    He really looks like he is playing Madden.

Interesting how many field goals the Pats took from right on the Ravens line. Trust issue as they seemed to be moving the ball ok after the first quarter or so.

You could see the Pats defense get pissed. They were not used to being made look silly. It will be interesting to see if the leagues big guns can do likewise. The Pats D are still unproven for me. The potential to be great is there but this was their first big test and they did not get the job done. Still just one game and that, they could easily out it together for the post season.

It was a frustrating night, a lot of credit to the Ravens OL, they did a good job of styming the pass rush. That said, I don't remember any passes deep by Jackson. Dump off to the flats all night. I'd expect the Pats D to do better next time covering that,and you can only run so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It was a frustrating night, a lot of credit to the Ravens OL, they did a good job of styming the pass rush. That said, I don't remember any passes deep by Jackson. Dump off to the flats all night. I'd expect the Pats D to do better next time covering that,and you can only run so much.

That's the problem with duel threat QBs, you can end up having to pick your poison. Not sure it is as easy fix as some are making out

Pats strength in their defense is their coverage so it isn't surprising that he wasn't forcing the ball down the field. Ravens were playing from the front for the whole game so it wasn't as if they need to.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    That's the problem with duel threat QBs, you can end up having to pick your poison. Not sure it is as easy fix as some are making out

Pats strength in their defense is their coverage so it isn't surprising that he wasn't forcing the ball down the field. Ravens were playing from the front for the whole game so it wasn't as if they need to.

The inability to stuff the run killed them, Ingram was gashing us repeatedly. I think the game will stand to them if they match up again. Pats D will have a better understanding of how to read the Ravens, hopefully.

The inability to stuff the run killed them, Ingram was gashing us repeatedly. I think the game will stand to them if they match up again. Pats D will have a better understanding of how to read the Ravens, hopefully.

They may adjust but the big thing seemed to be Jackson. The Pats could never figure out who had the ball. Honestly I rarely could either.

I think the Pats picked their poison. Their coverage has been top notch this year and they played to it. Ravens simply ignored the pass. He did have some deep ones when the situation allowed but they had their plan. Maybe we will see something different from both sides when it comes up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It didn't really seem a case of the Patriots defenders missing a bunch of basic one on one tackles, which would be a 'just play better' fix. Outside of that, it is hard to flick a switch and stop the run better, you either need to take away from the coverage or use a different scheme and both would leave other options for the Ravens to attack.

One thing that will stand to the Patriots is that this was really the first above poor offense they've faced, so their players were likely very undercooked. They have a much tougher run of games in the second half of the season so they should be much more battle hardened if they face the Ravens in the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ipitydafool

Yeah I tend to agree, Pats defense threw loads of different coverages at Jackson last night- shifted between zone and man, stacked the box too and it didnt work.

Obviously if they meet again in Foxboro come January that is a totally different situ but the Patriots OL seems the biggest concern to me going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

What's going on in Denver...an actual offensive TD drive! A couple of on the money throws by Allen on his debut.

While the Browns defence was all over the shop - it's amazing what Scangs can do with a mobile QB.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    It didn't really seem a case of the Patriots defenders missing a bunch of basic one on one tackles, which would be a 'just play better' fix. Outside of that, it is hard to flick a switch and stop the run better, you either need to take away from the coverage or use a different scheme and both would leave other options for the Ravens to attack.

One thing that will stand to the Patriots is that this was really the first above poor offense they've faced, so their players were likely very undercooked. They have a much tougher run of games in the second half of the season so they should be much more battle hardened if they face the Ravens in the playoffs.

As was said, the issues stemmed from an inability to read who the runner was. This experience, and the undoubtedly harsh review will hopefully improve that . I'd also wager that the Pats might be more aggressive disrupting the Ravens TEs off the line, and perhaps less aggressive trying to rush Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The eagles receiving corp is really poor outside of Desean Jackson as proved by the game against the bears. There were several passes dropped which should have been by Jeffery and weren't. We were lucky the bears were so bad that in the first half they couldnt have hit water if they fell out a boat in the middle of a lake. The zach ertz TD could easily have been called OPI and id love to know the official who threw the flag saw to throw it. Ertz got his hand in the face of the defender to the point where the co commentator said on a replay "you can't see me because my hand is covering your face" The Eagles are on a bye next week and then we have the patriots and hopefully Djax gets fully fit because without him the eagles are one dimensional.

Seems he is getting surgery now which is frustrating and should have been done weeks back,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

collybyrne wrote: »
    76 - 45 coming in

49ers @ Cardinals
    Texans ;Jaguars
    Bears ;Eagles
    Vikings ;Chiefs
    Colts @ Steelers
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Redskins ;Bills
    Titans ;Panthers
    Lions ;Raiders
    Buccs ;Seahawks
    Packers @ Chargers
    Browns @ Broncos
    Patriots @ Ravens
    Cowboys @ Giants

9 - 5 for the week takes me to 85 - 50 for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

A not so great 8-6 this week brings me to 89 - 46 on the season, good for .659 so far.

Impressive wins for Ravens and Chiefs, 49ers looking scary, Bears would do better with a coat-rack playing QB. Fun weekend of games, albeit with a damp fart of a London game it kick it all off!
    conor222 wrote: »
    81-40 coming into the week
    Some nice matchups, looking forward to Sunday

49ers @ Cardinals
    Texans @ Jaguars
    Bears @ Eagles
    Vikings @ Chiefs
    Colts @ Steelers
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Redskins @ Bills
    Titans @ Panthers
    Lions @ Raiders
    Buccs @ Seahawks
    Packers @ Chargers
    Browns @ Broncos
    Patriots @ Ravens
    Cowboys @ Giants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Paleface wrote: »
    75 - 46 overall

49ers @ Cardinals
    Texans @ Jaguars
    Bears @ Eagles
    Vikings @ Chiefs
    Colts @ Steelers
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Redskins @ Bills
    Titans @ Panthers
    Lions@ Raiders
    Buccs @ Seahawks
    Packers @ Chargers
    Browns @ Broncos
    Patriots @ Ravens
    Cowboys @ Giants

8 - 6 which brings me to 83 - 52 overall

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    79-41 so far

49ers @ Cardinals
    Texans @ Jaguars
    Eagles
    Vikings @ Chiefs
    Colts @ Steelers
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Redskins @ Bills
    Panthers
    Lions @ Raiders
    Buccs @ Seahawks
    Packers @ Chargers
    Browns @ Broncos
    Patriots @ Ravens
    Cowboys @ Giants

8-6 after a 14-1 week in week 8 is a bit of a come down. After 9 weeks of the season I’m 87-47 for the season which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

74 - 47 coming in

49ers @ Cardinals o
    Texans @ Jaguars x
    Bears @ Eagles o
    Vikings @ Chiefs o
    Colts @ Steelers x
    Jets @ Dolphins x
    Redskins @ Bills o
    Titans @ Panthers o
    Lions@ Raiders x
    Buccs @ Seahawks o
    Packers @ Chargers x
    Browns @ Broncos x
    Patriots @ Ravens o
    Cowboys @ Giants x

7-7 brings me to 81-54 (0.600)

Week should have had more going for it but stupidity from me and the Chargers waking up really made a balls up of a good week. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

69-52 coming in.

49ers @ Cardinals W
    Texans @ Jaguars W
    Bears @ Eagles L
    Vikings @ Chiefs W
    Colts @ Steelers L
    Jets @ Dolphins L
    Redskins @ Bills W
    Titans @ Panthers W
    Lions @ Raiders W
    Buccs @ Seahawks W
    Packers @ Chargers L
    Browns @ Broncos L
    Patriots @ Ravens L
    Cowboys @ Giants W

8-6 this week.

77-58 overall now.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Texans @ Jaguars
    Bears @ Eagles
    Vikings @ Chiefs
    Colts @ Steelers
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Redskins @ Bills
    Titans @ Panthers
    Lions @ Raiders
    Buccs @ Seahawks
    Packers @ Chargers
    Browns @ Broncos
    Patriots @ Ravens
    Cowboys @ Giants

Second win I have cheated myself out of by being late
    6-8 missing TNF is really costing me now.

85-48

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

TheDoctor wrote: »

82-39 for the season

49ers @ Cardinals -49ers (picked on Thurs)
    Texans @ Jaguars - Texans
    Bears @ Eagles - Eagles
    Vikings @ Chiefs - Viking’s
    Colts @ Steelers - Colts
    Jets @ Dolphins - Jets
    Redskins @ Bills - Bills
    Titans @ Panthers - Panthers
    Lions @ Raiders - Lions
    Buccs @ Seahawks - Seahawks
    Packers @ Chargers - Packers
    Browns @ Broncos - Browns
    Patriots @ Ravens - Ravens